• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Canadian geese don't like getting hit in the tail feathers with a snowball
I did like Ron White's joke about those radical extremist Canadian geese terrorist. When's the last time you've just seen a geese lying dead from something? Never, lmao.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't find anything on if scrub jays are edible and what they taste like. I have had it with their war screams all day, and I'm curious if they taste like chicken.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That story is ummmm, I can't think of a word to describe it but I'm glad I've never been subjected to the American judicial system. I watched a series called death row stories and the corruption goes all the way too the top. Some of these people are serial murderers.
The "justice" system is a disaster....crooked cops, incompetent cops,
crooked judges, incompetent judged, over-crowded dockets where
cases grind on year after year, frivolous lawsuits abound, crooked
lawyers fomenting lengthy conflicts, legal codes that are inscrutable,
juries with prejudiced idiots making judgments of life &death, etc, etc.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
See? What are we gonna arch over? I can say something like minion, get going and do something with this.
But we just aren't going to have a productive arching and the Guild is already on me for over occasionally slamming that Sunshine dweeb off in jail to laugh as he's charged with things like kidnapping and holding people hostage and assault and battery, and a reminder me from that the bad guy, that being me, insists he must get his day in court, something that good guy has a habit of neglecting by throwing people straight in jail.
We might need a parallel justice system...one that can
evaluate cops who are getting a pass from the system
for illegal behavior, pass judgement on them, & impose
a sentence vigilante style. Cops need to live in fear
that if they break the law, there'll be severe consequences
instead of immunity, paid vacations, & promotions.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If I don't get to stab someone soon I shall surely wither and die.:cry:

giphy.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You getting withdrawal symptoms? Going cold turkey?
And it's fueled by *****es who suck at their job. Blow drying residue alcohol, digging in a lancet, poor and no anchor, using the wrong finger for a finger stick, a stack of gauze and wraping some tape all around my arm when just a little bit will do. They really suck but someone got hired.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In days of yore when the sun always shone, gentle breezes were the norm and harmony and beauty rained, I would have made this a political thread. Some will of course whine that this is not yet law, but it's just more evidence that there is no bottom.

Florida Republicans' bill bans girls from talking about periods in school

It seems that young girls who start having their periods early must be protected against the onslaught of woke by forbidding them from chatting with their friends about such woke degeneracy because talking about what is going on with their bodies must be made taboo to protect their minds from their bodies.

“So if little girls experience their menstrual cycle in fifth grade or fourth grade, will that prohibit conversations from them since they are in the grade lower than sixth grade?” Gantt asked.

McClain responded, “It would.”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In days of yore when the sun always shone, gentle breezes were the norm and harmony and beauty rained, I would have made this a political thread. Some will of course whine that this is not yet law, but it's just more evidence that there is no bottom.

Florida Republicans' bill bans girls from talking about periods in school

It seems that young girls who start having their periods early must be protected against the onslaught of woke by forbidding them from chatting with their friends about such woke degeneracy because talking about what is going on with their bodies must be made taboo to protect their minds from their bodies.

“So if little girls experience their menstrual cycle in fifth grade or fourth grade, will that prohibit conversations from them since they are in the grade lower than sixth grade?” Gantt asked.

McClain responded, “It would.”
That's the fascists world Republicans want.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I found a data entry job at a temp agency. I type fast enough hopefully Ill get it. But, then again, one time I interviewed for a transcriptionist job and the lady who interviewed me was impressed by my typing faster than her but that didn't help me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course Uncle Sam wants to shame others while the right to healthcare, vote, family planning, the Separation of Church and State and American Democracy itself are all under attack and losing ground in his own Country.
@Debater Slayer, you might get a good eyeroll out of this one like I did.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course Uncle Sam wants to shame others while the right to healthcare, vote, family planning, the Separation of Church and State and American Democracy itself are all under attack and losing ground in his own Country.
@Debater Slayer, you might get a good eyeroll out of this one like I did.

It's amusing that the US has an annual "report on human rights" considering its own record both past and present. The report is almost like a tacitly self-aggrandizing gesture to which the US itself fails to live up.

Abortion is almost entirely banned in about half of the US, and mass shootings are pretty much a regular occurrence in the country now. Gender-affirming care has also been increasingly on the chopping block, but despite all of these issues, I'm sure pointing fingers at India and posturing as a moral authority will make the US look good and not inconsistent at all, right?

Also, the US has frequently produced such rhetoric and just as frequently failed to put its money where its mouth was. As we have seen on previous occasions, the US tends to disrupt and boycott countries, even if said countries' regimes are popular with the people there, primarily based on geopolitical interests, not human rights. Just look at its history with Gulf dictatorships and its interventionism in Latin America.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I found a data entry job at a temp agency. I type fast enough hopefully Ill get it. But, then again, one time I interviewed for a transcriptionist job and the lady who interviewed me was impressed by my typing faster than her but that didn't help me.
“faster than she”
Bad grammar lost you the job.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We have a blithering idiot in the family.
He went out to buy 10 litres of emulsion paint for the hallway this morning. Came back with a 25 litre drum.

This is the right colour and i got it cheap as he bent the fasteners open.

Lifting the lid he said and it's very thick too, we will need to dilute it.

I noticed the label, just a minute i said, did you read what it is?

He replied, it was in amongst all the drums of paint. Oh no, as he read the label.

We have a 25 litre drum of ready mixed skim plaster we dont need which has been opened so can't be returned.

The blithering idiot has gone out for 10 litres of emulsion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a blithering idiot in the family.
He went out to buy 10 litres of emulsion paint for the hallway this morning. Came back with a 25 litre drum.

This is the right colour and i got it cheap as he bent the fasteners open.

Lifting the lid he said and it's very thick too, we will need to dilute it.

I noticed the label, just a minute i said, did you read what it is?

He replied, it was in amongst all the drums of paint. Oh no, as he read the label.

We have a 25 litre drum of ready mixed skim plaster we dont need which has been opened so can't be returned.

The blithering idiot has gone out for 10 litres of emulsion.
I once had some idiot clients who owned an apartment building.
To save money, they had their kids paint an apartment. (My workers
were too spendy for them.) The kids bought latex paint, & to make
it go farther (& save money) they diluted it with paint thinner.
Alas, the resulting "paint" was rubbery gelatinous goop.
So much for money saved, eh.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Although I've never done anything nearly that silly, that is a good example of why I no longer try to "save money" by "doing it myself." I'm always much happier when someone who is experienced and bonded does the job right the first time and for the agreed price...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Although I've never done anything nearly that silly, that is a good example of why I no longer try to "save money" by "doing it myself." I'm always much happier when someone who is experienced and bonded does the job right the first time and for the agreed price...
My philosophy....
Do things that I can & want to do.
Otherwise, hire a pro.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

He's done similar too. Our bistro table was looking the worse for wear. He bought the right paint (oh wonders do occur) but the wrong thinner.

Paint in France is strange, open a tin and it's quite thick 3/4 of a tin full. The idea is to dilute it with white spirit to your liking.

White vinager is not a suitable thinner.