• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, indeed, enough material for a long running soap or a whole series of books.
I've thought about it.
I'll be 79 shortly - just about twice your age.
Any advice for me?
Fighting for fun rather than fighting to manage a home full of extreme challenges.
While I've always enjoyed a 'fight', I think the sudden urge for it is probably due to an urge to just let lose. The amount of self regulation I have to do is ridiculous. My voice. My stance. Where I move. How loud I can listen to stuff. What rooms I'm allowed to be in. Watch my words.

To just let loose in joyous battle, to fight with something I can let it all out at would be priceless.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Yeah. I'm quite pissed. It's one of the lesser areas where copy right laws are repressive and absurd.
No joke, Rolls Royce sent a cease and desist to man who acquired one third hand because he concerted it into an ice cream "truck." It's not their vehicle, they are not on possession of the title, they should have no ability to dictate what people who do own one do to them.
And he could go to court and I am fairly sure would win the case.... If Rolls could dictate that then it could be also thought of as the lifetime warranty that they claim only applies to the original buyer could possibly then be applied to ALL buyers.

But bottomline, to much real serious stuff going on for me to get upset about a guy who is having problems converting his rolls to an ice cream truck. And the copyright laws existed prior to your purchase..... not much you can do there either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And the copyright laws existed prior to your purchase..... not much you can do there either.
There are things. Like how bootlegging has preserved many movies and TV shows. And there's the Right to Repair movement that has raised awareness and got some change.
It's not illegal, it's trading money for things I paid for, they need to but out.

Wu Wei

There are things. Like how bootlegging has preserved many movies and TV shows. And there's the Right to Repair movement that has raised awareness and got some change.
It's not illegal, it's trading money for things I paid for, they need to but out.
boot legging for profit is illegal. And a movement is not the law, sorry about that, but that is reality.

Buy a bootleg film.... well that was for profit so the person selling it broke the law. You may also be culpable based on purchase of a stolen item. But you turn around and try and sell it, because you purchased it, possible illegally... is...well... illegal..... giving money for things that are protected by copyright does not give you ownership nor does it give you the right to sell them for profit, just because you gave someone money to purchase...... however, if you wish to sell things under copyright, you can buy the copyright, if it is for sale..... then you can legally sell what you have purchased.

However you want to sell stuff like this illegally, China works and will do nothing, unless they are forced to, then they will deal with it, generally rather severely

Wu Wei

It's raining. And I have to go outside for several hours.
Snow does not do well in rain...I'm just sayin'

a-melted-snow-man-with-a-sad-face-as-symbol-of-the-end-of-the-winter.jpg

Wu Wei

No advice but a thought form. Diamonds are produced under extreme temperature and pressure. You surely are under extreme "temperature and pressure". May that process lead to the same result.
wait, you want @JustGeorge to turn into a sparkly, shiny, expensive, inanimate, lifeless crystal.....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
then it could be also thought of as the lifetime warranty that they claim only applies to the original buyer could possibly then be applied to ALL buyers.

I know a guy who moved to Algeria taking his second hand rolls with him. Out in the desert the rear axle broke. He called Rolls Royce to order a new axle. What he got was 2 engineers and an axle flown to him the next day. They went out to the car and replaced the axle.
When Hymie had not received a bill (that he thought would be astronomical) for 3 months he phoned them again. The reply was along the lines of "sorry i don't know what you are talking about, our cars do not break down"