• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just discovered I'm one of the big-time benefactors of the great Frubal restructuring system to one Frubal given equaling one Frubal, carrying over to our system current systems of likes, as now, under this system, I am the third most like poster of RF. I suppose it would be more proper to say "third most positive poster" of RF, but I know I rant, ramble, and rave too much to be the one of the most positive. And put that way, it would mean the Revolting One is King Rainbows, Flowers, and Sunny Days of RF. :p

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just discovered I'm one of the big-time benefactors of the great Frubal restructuring system to one Frubal given equaling one Frubal, carrying over to our system current systems of likes, as now, under this system, I am the third most like poster of RF. I suppose it would be more proper to say "third most positive poster" of RF, but I know I rant, ramble, and rave too much to be the one of the most positive. And put that way, it would mean the Revolting One is King Rainbows, Flowers, and Sunny Days of RF. :p
He sure is king of frequent posters and a champion curmudgeon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This morning I played my Didgeridoo

il_570xN.652244701_tmno.jpg
Here's hoping "didgeridoo" isn't a euphemism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This post also puts me 42 posts (as of my checking at this moment) away from being RF's 7th Biggest Looser.
If you really want to be top loser, you must learn to spell "loser".
And congrats on being #3 for frubals.
Best wishes on your becoming a big steaming #2 !!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm glad my sense of humor is sophisticated enough to appreciate the dark gallows humor of Bill Hicks to also enjoy his social commentary, which can also be pretty dark. But it's not all dark. Like quoting George Bush saying we are losing the war on drugs, which means there are some creative people on that side, winning the war, and their the ones who are ****ed up. "Sorry, I was taking life seriously."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@DavidFirth 's favorite movies... A bridge too far, Bridge over the River Kwai, Bridges of Madison county.... his favorite game..... bridge....favorite food....bridge mix.....his favorite songs....London Bridge, Under the Bridge, and Ode to Billie Joe.... because he is certain it is about the Tallahatchie bridge...... anyone else sensing a pattern here

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Something I can't find an answer to: why do hair colors some characters change on the Simpsons? Barney, Milhouse, and Moe that I've noticed so far.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hopefully in 2038 I'll be able to have my student loan forgiven. If not, I guess when I die they'll be forgiven, unless I win the lottery or get a job that pays a tons and tons of cash. The plan they want me to pay, it'll cost me 32% of my income (it would be something I could juggle if I wasn't looking at about 40% going to medical costs). At the lower end of their plans, what I owe will essentially double from interests. But, for adjusted income payments, I won't be paying much, so I'll probably go with that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I love the scene in Contact when all the nerdy scientists leave the NSA dummies way far behind in all the numbers and science terminology and leave them absolutely clueless.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think Contact has replaced V for Vendetta as my favorite movie. Not only does it strongly reflect my views in many ways, I also love how it shows theists often shove those who don't believe in god into the back seat. Kind of makes me glad that guy who was concerned about sending an atheist up to meet the aliens was killed, just because so many thought that darned atheist just can't represent humanity because she doesn't believe in god (although, true to Sagan's position, she said doesn't believe the data leads to either conclusion). And then how Ellie describes her journey to Congress, it sounds exactly how I describe the few "spiritual experiences" I've had.
The movie is so brilliant, other scientists need to start writing movies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@DavidFirth 's favorite movies... A bridge too far, Bridge over the River Kwai, Bridges of Madison county.... his favorite game..... bridge....favorite food....bridge mix.....his favorite songs....London Bridge, Under the Bridge, and Ode to Billie Joe.... because he is certain it is about the Tallahatchie bridge...... anyone else sensing a pattern here
And his favorite form of borrowing is the bridge loan....his favorite dental implant
is a bridge...& finally...are you ready for it? His favorite politician is Ted Kennedy.

I wonder how many youngsters don't get that?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am a terrible student with a tendency to imagine my learning problems are the fault of others. All I can do is be thankful I'm not a teacher.