• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

GURSIKH

chardi kla
To be fair I'd rather learn by immersion, given I'm really good at learning languages this way and also for the fact I want to learn both Gurbani and conversational Punjabi, which are two entirely different pots of weasels. I've picked up a few words already in my reading of Sikh websites/books anyway- words like sanghat, naam, amrit, ek, taus (I have no idea why I know the word for peacock), dastar etc. Plus I downloaded a transliterated nitnem PDF recently which should help me work out some words.

Treks ji can help you , i know she s at advanced stage of learning .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm being sued by a company from a card I had many years ago, and thought I paid off. And oddly enough, it is on the summons that they received a payment in the amount of unknown about six years ago.
It seems everyday I loose more confidence in the courts to present a solid case.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I saw a woman with a full face veil on (only the eyes visible) today, in a very short sleeve teeshirt, which was partially backless, and it was a low-cut top; I got an eyeful without even meaning to. It didn't look like Islamic clothing, either. It looked more Hindu style, like this, only green:

1331179414cFqC1r.jpg

But still... it's okay to show off her boobs but not her face? o_O

ElizabethGould

Iik Onkaar
Definitely ask at the Gurdwara, then. If you keep going you'll pick it up quickly. It's more useful than some of the Chinese I learnt from the local takeaway guy. :cover: :D

The only time I was ever able to use
:dancer: from where you got chunni ?:p
Living in Middlesbrough- lots of Indian shops, including a few clothing shops. This is always handy.

Treks ji can help you , i know she s at advanced stage of learning .

I'll give her a PM when I get off my phone, thanks. :D

I like to sing. I sing all the time. The problem is that I am not very good at it.

:p

Hey, just think of it this way: what you lack in talent you make up for in enthusiasm!

Me Myself

Back to my username
Maybe it was a strategic thing. You know, dreamboat boobies, but shipwreck face.

That was my first thought. Takes less time than make up I assume.

See a full covered woman and you know you are getting a great personality.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's raining here in Colorado Springs. The temperature has dropped from the 90s into the 60s. Lovely!

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I was cool from 10 am - 12 ish, then by early afternoon till evening, it was warm. Well, it might have just been warm for me, since I'm sick. T_T

illykitty

RF's pet cat
My husband works for Aston Martin and there was a centenary event in London, so we went there. We stayed at his mom's bf. This morning, she kept pressuring me to hurry. I took longer because my hair is puffy and between straight and wavy, I can't just leave like that. I had to straighten it.

Result is that I was so rushed that I completely forgot to put sunscreen on and after spending all day out, even trying to be in the shade, my face, arms and chest are burnt. My skin is pale, I burn easily... I have to put on factor 50. You can imagine the pain I'm in!

Every time I'm in her presence she ruins my day. :(

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Minding my own business at my desk, and suddenly I notice an earwig crawling by my hand.
D:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
My house is quickly becoming filled with boxes. It's small, but still, the amount of stuff we order on the internet is apparent. And it'll only get worse once I get a job! :D Haha!