• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." - Jack London

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Percussion instruments are as the name indicates, for banging
I had a professor who went on and on in lecture about how there were so many ways to play. It had nothing to do with music though. This was a beginner class about boolean algebra, but every lecture he some how found time to express surprise at the infinite positions and variety.

Now I remember. It was called Discrete Math.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I had a professor who went on and on in lecture about how there were so many ways to play. It had nothing to do with music though. This was a beginner class about boolean algebra, but every lecture he some how found time to express surprise at the infinite positions and variety.

I thought Boolean algebra had only 2 positions, true or false, 1 or 0, on or off, yes or no, in or out... After that it becomes fuzzy.
Or perhaps it should have been indiscrete math.

Last edited:

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member

I hope they used protection.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Or perhaps it should have been indiscrete math.
By "Indiscrete math" you might refer to The Calculus of Variation, but it is a different lecture only tangentially related. I've had that one, too. Then comes Differential Equations. How do they come up with these names?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"Never follow someone else's path; unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path, then by all means, you should follow that." - Ellen DeGeneres

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
Fifty pounds of dog treats had to be returned to "Pet Central"; my office has received threats because we refuse to be intimidated by a pack of dangerous and vicious bow wows.......If a snarky "Big Apple" bear with a fetish for quoting Larry,Moe and Curly can't scare my office staff, no bow wow with a lisp will ever get a treat for flunking all discipline lessons.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fifty pounds of dog treats had to be returned to "Pet Central"; my office has received threats because we refuse to be intimidated by a pack of dangerous and vicious bow wows.......If a snarky "Big Apple" bear with a fetish for quoting Larry,Moe and Curly can't scare my office staff, no bow wow with a lisp will ever get a treat for flunking all discipline lessons.

Wow. Such negativity.