• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
at least around RF, just sayin'

More nutty thanba bag of...
depositphotos_19012669-stock-photo-bag-of-walnuts-isolated-on.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Gods of Microsoft

They smite us with
  • change after meaningless change,
  • tease us with taking away our ability to choose a browser and putting it back,
  • annoy us with bloatware,
  • frustrate us with software that breaks when least expected,
  • destroy us with screens of death that change color,
  • force us to get rid of fully functional hardware
  • and dream up even more ways to tithe us.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
They smite us with
  • tease us with taking away our ability to choose a browser and putting it back,

And don't even have a cool slogan like "Dude, you're getting a Dell." Their slogan is more like "We're shutting down support for your current software."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
They smite us with

One of my favorite changes to hate when they went from one version of office to another... the old version called it ADO files and the new version it ODA files.....same file...just different name....and f course meant they ere not compatible...unless you did an upgrade. New install...they wouldn't work...... Also got me saying ADO + ODA = DOA

Wu Wei

And now..... I shall go have a cup of tea.....and then do my knee exercises....round 2

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And now..... I shall go have a cup of tea.....and then do my knee exercises....round 2
I get to take off the leg bandage whenever I take a shower today. But I need to wear the compression socks for at least one week and probably longer.

Wu Wei

I get to take off the leg bandage whenever I take a shower today. But I need to wear the compression socks for at least one week and probably longer.

Compression socks are no fun. I spend much of my day with my knee wrapped in an ace bandage.

I hope the recovery is quick and easy

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I hope the recovery is quick and easy

Thanks. Yes, in spite of the sign away your life if you die it's not the doctor's fault and the "if you're bleeding more than 1/2 hour or the bandage is saturated with blood" post-op handout, I'm doing OK being alive and not seeing any blood.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Gods of Microsoft

They smite us with

Old but relevant, a note from Harvard

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off."