• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
We were staying some cabin at a small lake in northern New York State. I was playing on some boulders embedded into the ground, and apparently there was a nest wedged in between that I didn't see. I was wearing shorts, but my dad pulled them down and a bunch of wasps flew out. They rushed me to a nearby clinic where I was examined and determined to be okay.

That was the summer of 1967. I learned years later that they called it the "summer of love," but it wasn't really like that for me. On the same trip, we went up to another cabin by the St. Lawrence River. My brother and I were swimming in the river, and I felt a drop off and went underwater. That was scary; felt like I was going to drown. I think my dad pulled me up.

My parents, grandparents, and older brother went to Expo '67 in Montreal, but they didn't let me go. I guess they figured I'd cause some sort of disaster.

Later on, we traveled to Maine, and stayed at a motel which had a slanted parking lot, which was next to a fence, a cliff, and the Atlantic Ocean. While my parents were unloading the car, I somehow got into the driver's seat and released the brake. As the car went downwards towards the fence, my dad ran after it and got in and stopped it.

Exciting life you lead.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just finished my small 86% dark chocolate Chuao bar just in time to get another one tomorrow at the farmer's market.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I spent most of my childhood playing in the ruins of a roman fort/port. And swimming in the river Ribble. And mucking out the cow sheds...

On some travels, we visited our uncles' farms; they had hogs and cows, along with a few chickens and horses. My cousins and I were playing with some firecrackers, and stuck them in cowpies to watch them explode. The cows were not pleased with us, it seemed.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
On some travels, we visited our uncles' farms; they had hogs and cows, along with a few chickens and horses. My cousins and I were playing with some firecrackers, and stuck them in cowpies to watch them explode. The cows were not pleased with us, it seemed.

They don't like it when you blow up their cowpies

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My uncle was a chicken rancher - visiting when I was growing up was fun. I remember some chickens had escaped the coops and I have a memory of the smell but not much beyond that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Things are too quiet on RF. What's wrong that there are no raging controversies generating post after post?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
tip.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Someone did that to me. Broken headlamp and bent surround. Card under the wiper, phoned up, so embarrassing, the guy had been dead 18 months.

Not a nice trick to play

I had a similar thing but it was a tail light. Someone left a number plate claiming that was the vehicle that hit me but when the cops checked it out the vehicle didn't exist. They said it happens all the time, someone hits a car writes something on a bit of paper and any witnesses think they've done the right thing.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I had a similar thing but it was a tail light. Someone left a number plate claiming that was the vehicle that hit me but when the cops checked it out the vehicle didn't exist. They said it happens all the time, someone hits a car writes something on a bit of paper and any witnesses think they've done the right thing.

A friend had one, the note said
"The people watching me write this think i am writing my name and address .. suckers"