• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I had a nightmare. :( Stupid pills.

I had a nightmare too, that my husband was really bad and I had to leave him. After leaving, I was thinking of becoming a Muslim.

Dreams are silly, but I guess it's normal that Islam is still in my subconscious. It's just weird that I dreamed that after asking for a deity to show itself to me.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have some amazingly disturbing dreams about being lost in a maze of stairways and stuff and not being able to get where I am trying to get.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
मैत्रावरुिणः;3410560 said:
Ambien (CR)? Or, Seroquel?
Neither of those; never even heard of them. :D Medication though. :)

I had a nightmare too, that my husband was really bad and I had to leave him. After leaving, I was thinking of becoming a Muslim.

Dreams are silly, but I guess it's normal that Islam is still in my subconscious. It's just weird that I dreamed that after asking for a deity to show itself to me.
In mine, I had two big holes in my back (missing the the skin from under the shoulderblade all the way down to about the small of my back), and you could see my lungs and organs through a small, dark brown, semi-translucent piece of skin. There was something small and dark in my lungs, and my breathing was wheezy. I was also hiding in a mansion from some people in masks, who were hunting me down, and I had to keep hiding. :cover:

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I couldn't sleep last night. I tried going to bed at 11 something and I laid awake in my bed until 1 am. I was listening to "Guardian Angel" on repeat, so I just changed the music to my nighttime list and I was asleep within 15 minutes. That's great, huh?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I need to find a paper copy of the Nitnem....
Divine Imitation-nitnem (Book) by J.S. Neki (2009): Waterstones.com

? :D

and a decent book for learning Punjabi.
The only one I know is this one:

Learn Punjabi in a Month (Book) by B.S. Khosla (1998): Waterstones.com

It ain't exactly great, but it's one of the few. Punjabi seems to be something you pick up more from sangha than books.

Some others that I haven't read:

A Guide to Punjabi Jawahir Singh | WHSmith.co.uk

GCSE Panjabi (Book) by J. S. Nagra (1988): Waterstones.com

GCSE Panjabi: Writing (Book) by J. S. Nagra (2006): Waterstones.com

Panjabi Made Easy: Bk. 1 (Book) by J. S. Nagra (1988): Waterstones.com

Teach Yourself Complete Panjabi - Teach Yourself Complete Courses (Book) by Surjit Singh Kalra (2010): Waterstones.com

Waterstones | Learn Panjabi

I know Teach Yourself also have a Teach Yourself Panjabi.

Teach Yourself Panjabi: Amazon.co.uk: Surjit Singh Kalra, Navtej Kaur Purewal: Books

It'll probably be easier if you just pick up a dictionary, start learning words, and then go in with a few words and get everything wrong, for them to tell you the right word. On the plus side, you'll get plenty of people enthusiastic to teach it you. :D

Otherwise, check for local night classes. The gurdwara would probably have them. :)

ElizabethGould

Iik Onkaar

I love you. :D

*links and booklist*

It'll probably be easier if you just pick up a dictionary, start learning words, and then go in with a few words and get everything wrong, for them to tell you the right word. On the plus side, you'll get plenty of people enthusiastic to teach it you. :D

Otherwise, check for local night classes. The gurdwara would probably have them. :)

To be fair I'd rather learn by immersion, given I'm really good at learning languages this way and also for the fact I want to learn both Gurbani and conversational Punjabi, which are two entirely different pots of weasels. I've picked up a few words already in my reading of Sikh websites/books anyway- words like sanghat, naam, amrit, ek, taus (I have no idea why I know the word for peacock), dastar etc. Plus I downloaded a transliterated nitnem PDF recently which should help me work out some words.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
To be fair I'd rather learn by immersion, given I'm really good at learning languages this way and also for the fact I want to learn both Gurbani and conversational Punjabi, which are two entirely different pots of weasels. I've picked up a few words already in my reading of Sikh websites/books anyway- words like sanghat, naam, amrit, ek, taus (I have no idea why I know the word for peacock), dastar etc. Plus I downloaded a transliterated nitnem PDF recently which should help me work out some words.
Definitely ask at the Gurdwara, then. If you keep going you'll pick it up quickly. It's more useful than some of the Chinese I learnt from the local takeaway guy. :cover: :D

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
My parents are hopefully setting up an appointment for my many health problems tomorrow. Yeah...this should be interesting.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
One of my coworkers thought there wasn't a difference between Republicans and Libertarians.

The look on his face when I brought up the Libertarian Party's platform to read was priceless.
"What the he.... They want to legalize abortion and gay marriage?! They're nothing but flippin' Democrats!"

:biglaugh:

Revoltingest should get a kick out of that one.