• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I do strongly believe the Olympics should be graded based on the overall percentage of medals a country has won rather than the total number of medals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wrong Ming. I don't even know how to insult that because even dinosaurs should know who Ming is. Even the Monarch took Ming Eyebrows and went all the way with it.
flash-gordon-charles-middleton-as-ming-the-merciless-1936_u-l-ph2s4k16gir7.jpg

Ming the Merciless - Wikipedia

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ye have been warned:
Use caution when you see a Telsa. The videos I've seen of the full self drive feature, I'm not even in the car and it scars me.
With Full Self-Driving available on demand, be wary of any and all Teslas

With Full Self-Driving available on demand, be wary of any and all Teslas
Beware, almost any Tesla can now access FSD mode.
By Sasha Lekach on July 22, 2021
hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.jpg

> Tech > Transportation

In the past week, Tesla's Full Self-Driving beta program went from about 2,000 select drivers testing it to almost any Tesla owner in the U.S. willing to cough up at least $200.

U.S. drivers make up at least half of the more than 1.4 million Teslas worldwide, so there's a lot more opportunity to encounter someone with the hands-free, not-quite-autonomous driving mode engaged. Other drivers likely won't know when a nearby Tesla has FSD is turned on, but if they see one struggling on busy city roads, that might give fellow motorists and pedestrians a clue.

The electric car company released last week a monthly $199 subscription option for open access to the feature that auto-steers, -accelerates, and -brakes, all while the driver looks at the road ahead, hands on lap, ready to take over. Hopefully.

During the FSD beta period, which launched in October, only a carefully selected group of early adopters had access to the feature. Now anyone who has bought a Tesla vehicle made since 2015 qualifies to use the powerful driving assistant. Hardware limitations on some early Tesla models mean they can't upgrade to use FSD. But the majority of Teslas in the U.S. were produced and bought in the past few years, so if you see a Tesla, it's almost certainly eligible.

Tesla has made it clear that drivers must be paying attention, but there's no driver monitoring system or sensors to enforce proper behavior. It's a frightening prospect. At least with Tesla's simpler Autopilot driver assistance feature drivers have to keep hands on the wheel at all times. That's not the case with FSD mode.

As Consumer Reports published this week, the review publication is "concerned that Tesla is still using its existing owners and their vehicles to beta-test the new features on public roads."

It sure seems like Tesla owners are part of a precarious experiment. During a recorded drive in downtown Chicago, funky street markings and atypical lane dividers threw off the not-so-autonomous system. Other videos have flooded in this week, like one taken in San Francisco that shows the car hitting a bush and almost colliding with another car.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Wrong Ming. I don't even know how to insult that because even dinosaurs should know who Ming is. Even the Monarch took Ming Eyebrows and went all the way with it.
flash-gordon-charles-middleton-as-ming-the-merciless-1936_u-l-ph2s4k16gir7.jpg

Ming the Merciless - Wikipedia

I do knw of Ming from the Science fiction thingy...Flash Gordon..... all of which pales in comparison to the reality of the Ming Dynasty.... and while we're talking about REAL Mings....

81TMVd6HHsL.jpg

latest

Wu Wei

Guess what...more divisiveness on the world horizon....as if there is not enough in the world....Lord knows we need more..... I was just told, that because I got the J&J vaccine, I should not be allowed to go anywhere just like a unvaccinated person..... by a person who had the Moderna vaccine....Vaccine wars are on the horizon.....

Why are vaccinated folks scared...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
bear-animal-cry-upset-angry-frustrated-depressed-animal.jpg

oh my goodness..... fiction is outweighing reality.....wow
About the only time fiction cannot outdo reality is quantum physics and the insect world. Outside of those, however, a healthy and vibrant imagination is awesome enough as to shape reality (like how Gene Roddenberry's imagination gave us Star Trek, which shaped our reality).

Wu Wei

About the only time fiction cannot outdo reality is quantum physics and the insect world. Outside of those, however, a healthy and vibrant imagination is awesome enough as to shape reality (like how Gene Roddenberry's imagination gave us Star Trek, which shaped our reality).

11583703.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am so hot, and I don't mean that in the non literal sense. I mean I'm very drudgingly hot. I can't believe that my body has this much water ready to throw away. Where could I possibly be storing all of this?