• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I need to learn how to take small bites when it comes to research. What I thought would easily fit into about 7 pages isn't going to fit into 14. Or maybe it's not taking a small bite I need to learn, but rather what a small bite is. Had I done all I was originally going to do with this project, it wouldn't have fit in 20 pages.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Ahh Irony on TV....looking at the TV Guide on TV and I see a show titled

"Infamous ***"....

This caught my eye so I looked to see what it was about
The title, when expanded was "Infamous Assassinations" and it is about Hitler

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I just got a new CD. As I usually do, I put it on my iTunes. They had a list of CDs it could be, but the CD was not in the list, so I had to type in the song names and artist name myself. Kind of funny. :) :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
**** Notice: after January 1, 2015 the Like button will be called the Lick button
Instead of 'Likes' members will accumulate 'Licks'. ****

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There once was a fellow named Brick
who wanted to name our likes "lick".
If he had his druthers,
and we "licked" each other's,
the image.... My eyes! It won't stick.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
**** Notice: after January 1, 2015 the Like button will be called the Lick button
Instead of 'Likes' members will accumulate 'Licks'. ****

Well I did leave on someone's wall (I think it was smart guy's) that like sounded somewhat like lick... Leaving licks to people... That sounds quite dog... A conspiracy against cats!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I used to think I was oversensitive, but I've learned in the past few days that I have got nothing on some people. I seem downright thick-skinned next to some people.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I used to think I was oversensitive, but I've learned in the past few days that I have got nothing on some people. I seem downright thick-skinned next to some people.
I'm offended by the fact that you claim you are downright thick-skinned! What does the texture of someone's skin have to do with anything? :p:D;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I'm offended by the fact that you claim you are downright thick-skinned! What does the texture of someone's skin have to do with anything? :p:D;)
I think I need to do more push-ups so my muscles can be thick, too. By the way, bless you (no religious intent, here) for being so kind-hearted. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your equanimity always seemed secure to me. But yeah, some people must be part gasoline, part gunpowder, & a pinch of fulminated mercury.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Going to see The Hobbit nest week, a triple bill as well... All 3 movies, one after the other. :eek:

Also caught up on previous The Hunger Games movies, going to see the new one in the next few days.

We've got an unlimited pass for the cinema, so been going a lot more. It's really nice. We'd normally just go for things we're sure we'd like but now we go see so many more movies, stuff we'd normally not watch. :)

Wirey

Fartist
Hey! How ya doin', my friend? :)

I'm still alive and I stalk this thread, among others. My personal and business life is taking up too much space in my brain for much else right now. The hubs and I are splitting, but he's still around. It kind of sucks. No, it really sucks. The only good thing about that is that we're in Florida where it's warm. :)

Hope you and everyone else here is happy and healthy!

Sorry about your personal stuff, but don't be a stranger. We all miss you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The new wood stove is crank'n away wonderfully.
Lucifer Stinknagel likes to sleep in front of it.
CAT_02_GR0086_01_P.JPG

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
This was just too far-out not to share: Scrotum Self-Repair

One morning I was called to the emergency room by the head ER nurse.
She directed me to a patient who had refused to describe his problem other than
to say that he "needed a doctor who took care of men's troubles." The patient,
about 40, was pale, febrile, and obviously uncomfortable, and had little to say
as he gingerly opened his trousers to expose a bit of angry red and
black-and-blue scrotal skin...

So much ouch :weary:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This was just too far-out not to share: Scrotum Self-Repair
So much ouch :weary:
I don't believe the story. By 1991 (the story's date), flat belt driven machine tools had long ago disappeared from nearly commercial shop. Moreover, the belts typically connected to an overhead line shaft. His privates simply couldn't gain proximity with a belt, even with the OSHA required guards removed. There are other improbabilities too, but I limited my commentary to my are of interest, ie, the history of machine tools.