• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Drink some fresh cow milk!

But personally, my heartburn comes from dairy (along with nausea, grumbling stomach, etc). :(

Also my lactose intolerance keeps getting worse, as I've recently found out. My fault for being stubborn about eating pizza and such (I'm still trying to eat vegan but I'm not perfect).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But personally, my heartburn comes from dairy (along with nausea, grumbling stomach, etc). :(

Also my lactose intolerance keeps getting worse, as I've recently found out. My fault for being stubborn about eating pizza and such (I'm still trying to eat vegan but I'm not perfect).
Lactose intolerance can be dealt with by eating "lactaid" or other such pills which help people digest lactose.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My grocery store used to sell milk with 'Sweet acidophilus' bacteria in it. It was very sweet tasting milk and easy on the stomach.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Today, a rare and golden opportunity presented itself. I got to play **** the Police for a cop today.
I was on my way to school, and I saw this pig hit his lights and hold up traffic so he could make an illegal u-turn in the middle of the road. At the stop light just down the road a short ways, he was right next to me. So I sent him a nice, friendly message. It's not everyday you get to serenade them with song.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
We once had a cat and it cowled on my leg in the dark when I was half asleep and I kicked it away like crazy. Why did I do that? Well, some nights before that something crawled on my leg when I was half asleep and found out it was a huge ugly roach.

I have a detached retina...surgery tomorrow.... to late to recover vision 100%
Hang in there and have faith (this is a religious forum after all :D)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Well that's ah... erm... sorry to hear :disrelieved:

Would it hurt if you just occasionally drink milk only for heartburns?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well that's ah... erm... sorry to hear :disrelieved:

Would it hurt if you just occasionally drink milk only for heartburns?

No since I get heartburns (and other things) from drinking milk. :sweatsmile: I don't normally get heartburns unless I had too much dairy. I was messing with you.

Honestly though, I sound like I made a fuss but I'm fine with my lactose intolerance. It's just inconvenient when in social situations, to eat in restaurants, since most of them rely on dairy to flavour vegetarian food (they're not very creative). Not much vegan options where I live, I'm lucky if a restaurant has one. It's fine for things like fast food (I grab some Subway and don't have cheese) but for a proper restaurant the options are very slim.

And sometimes people want to go to some place that has no vegan option then I compromise because I don't want to be a bother to others. I know people say even if the menu has no vegan options some restaurants will accommodate you if you ask, but I feel awkward about it (social anxiety). I admit that's a fault on my part 100%. :oops:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
No since I get heartburns (and other things) from drinking milk. :sweatsmile: I don't normally get heartburns unless I had too much dairy. I was messing with you.

Honestly though, I sound like I made a fuss but I'm fine with my lactose intolerance. It's just inconvenient when in social situations, to eat in restaurants, since most of them rely on dairy to flavour vegetarian food (they're not very creative). Not much vegan options where I live, I'm lucky if a restaurant has one. It's fine for things like fast food (I grab some Subway and don't have cheese) but for a proper restaurant the options are very slim.

And sometimes people want to go to some place that has no vegan option then I compromise because I don't want to be a bother to others. I know people say even if the menu has no vegan options some restaurants will accommodate you if you ask, but I feel awkward about it (social anxiety). I admit that's a fault on my part 100%. :oops:

So it is not as difficult as I thought it was... good to know :)

Don't be hard on yourself. We all have similar problems. I cannot eat tomatoes, sauces, eggplants, cooked onion, fatty read meat, cooked vegetables, and so many things. If I do eat some, my stomach turns up sides down and my whole day is ruined. I cause so much trouble ordering food in restaurants :blush:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
This is hilariously sad. A part of me wonders if it is actually legit, or if it is someone being a troll.

weryu7y.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe we need mandatory emoji since it's so hard sometimes to tell sarcasm from trolling from everything else.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
The private forums are back! YAY!!!

However, I can see every single one of them, not just the ones I joined. A bit hesitant to post in the Eros Room at the moment. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is hilariously sad. A part of me wonders if it is actually legit, or if it is someone being a troll.

weryu7y.png
That would be the first time I have ever heard someone complain about people eating food from another culture. It seems to go against that which makes us human, which is to have others enjoying wonderful food that we have prepared. Rather, I have known many people who are delighted when someone from outside of their national/ethnic/cultural background enjoys their food.
As for me, since I find American cuisine to be mostly bland, dull, less visually appealing (especially in color), and so boring that I would starve if I didn't eat the foods of other cultures. And since I live in North-Central Indiana, I would really starve if all the German food went away since that makes up a good chunk of the local diet here. I wonder if we would have to give up the tenderloin (it's descended from the German wienerschnitzel)? And I think Revoltingest might go on a rampage if German fried potatoes had to go, because they have bacon in them.
If that person is real, he/she really also needs to learn what "free trade" is. It isn't those "white devils" trying to claim everyone elses food as their own, it's alot of corporate executives telling farmers in those countries they have to grow those crops to be sold. This person also needs to educate themselves on the poverty that happens globally because of "free trade." And also get over themselves. It's not like any American is actually trying to claim Thai, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, or other as their own creation. Even American food such as Southern, Soul, Creole (ok, so I like American food as long as it comes from the South), doesn't seem to suffer from everyone trying to claim it as their own.
However, hardly anyone does realize that Chinese fortune cookies and chop suey are not authentic Chinese. Many people also believe Olive Garden provides and authentic ethnic dining experience.
But that person is the first time I have heard someone make such a complaint, that sharing cultural foods and recipes is a horrible thing.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Going around London I've seen this new (to me at least) phenomenon of people having a camera on the tip of a stick to take selfies... Well today I came across this:

e38f87c9-31fd-43b5-8696-96c57bdc6675.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why does every Japanese person make that finger 'V' when someone points a camera at them?
It's a cultural thing. I don't remember the reasons, if there even is one, but it's what they do. It's more common among the youth and children.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I eat foods from other people's cultures. They can't stop me from using my moneyful resources to buy it & enjoy it. I even go to restaurants where these ferriners fix it for me & then serve it to me! They do it cuz I give them a little of my filthy lucre. Ain't but one way these sanctimonious cultural protectionists can stop me....they'll have to pry the shish kafta & tamales from me cold dead hands!