• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You may all be ecstatic that the work i put in on our old car has paid off, today it passed its CT (biannual safety inspection)

We have a mechanic who looks after the car in exchange for the use of it as he wants. Not a bad deal considering we rarely use it. The mechanic was showing me some car maintenance, i replaced brake disks and shock absorbers under his guidance. I am so proud of myself.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You may all be ecstatic that the work i put in on our old car has paid off, today it passed its CT (biannual safety inspection)

We have a mechanic who looks after the car in exchange for the use of it as he wants. Not a bad deal considering we rarely use it. The mechanic was showing me some car maintenance, i replaced brake disks and shock absorbers under his guidance. I am so proud of myself.

You replaced the discs (rotors) for the disk brakes or the break pads?

wagner-brake-brake-parts-bd126358e-64_1000.jpg

mopar-2amv3701-magneti-marelli-front-brake%20pads-jeep-wrangler-jk-tabletop.jpg

Good job by the way

Wu Wei

Why do I have the sudden urge to do a complete front disc break rebuild...right down to rebuilding the calipers and resurfacing the disk......2 things they no longer do by the way....that we did back when I was a mechanic...shows you how old I am

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why do I have the sudden urge to do a complete front disc break rebuild...right down to rebuilding the calipers and resurfacing the disk......2 things they no longer do by the way....that we did back when I was a mechanic...shows you how old I am
You are old enough to know why "double clutching".was done in cars in the days of yore.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Sorry.

Resurfacing? Our pet mechanic mentioned he has a machine for doing that, but its cheaper to buy them from amazon new.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not a core poster. We throw away the cores of apples and I don't want to be tossed away without malice aforethought.

Wu Wei

Sorry.

Resurfacing? Our pet mechanic mentioned he has a machine for doing that, but its cheaper to buy them from amazon new.

You really can't resurface the single vane rotor these days, they warp. The old double vane though, you could turn them on the brake lathe and resurface them no problem.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
People just don't like to rename their towns to suit modern language, do they? They'll keep on insisting that the whole world is wrong about what it means. "The name of our town proves it."