• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nope. Thou art wrong. Very, very, very wrong. I present you: Hell
egr_imagemap2.gif

Hell has levels. This is one of them:

1280px-NWS_Hell_MI.jpg

Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Nope. Thou art wrong. Very, very, very wrong. I present you: Hell
egr_imagemap2.gif
I know it is none of my business...but how can a state have so perfectly geometric divisions (counties, presume) ....? Map drawn with a ruler?:p

I mean...look at Lazio...the region where Rome is.
mappa_lazio.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know it is none of my business...but how can a state have so perfectly geometric divisions (counties, presume) ....? Map drawn with a ruler?:p
Those are counties in the state, and I guess for the most part they may have been drawn with a ruler. Though the southern state boarder is actually a river that separates Indiana from Kentucky.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think i might ask my doctor about amitriptyline for a sleep aid when i get manic because that stuff knocks me out like nothing else and nothing Ive tried has helped me sleep when i get like this.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm going to break the rules here for a moment and post something that is neither random or meaningless

There appears to have been a spike in e-mail attacks, both social engineering and with payload. I have dealt with both this week and am still dealing with one today.

1) an email, possibly from a source you know, asking you to click a link and fill out a form. This is data collection to used to take over your e-mail account, use for suture attacks, and possibly ID theft. The original attack that started this was 5 months ago and they held on to the data and e-mial account for 5 months before stacking virtually everyone in the compromised e-mial's address book.

2) Also possibly from a source you know, asking you to click the link, which takes you to what looks like a legitimate site, be that DropBox or something similar. Here you are to click a second link that comes back with you do not have access or rights to the site. This drops a payload. Not sure what yet, still working on it. It does however disable your antivirus. It makes it appear as if it is running, but it actually is not. Not exactly sure when the original e-mail compromise was just yet, but my suspicion was fairly recently

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Map drawn with a ruler?
Yes, counties in Indiana--in fact, many midwestern and western states in the US were laid out on a grid system, whether it made any sense or not. Sometimes, they later used rivers, lakes, mountains, etc., to modify some of them. Most of this happened before there were very many European settlers, so it was for ease of the invading masses that such boundaries were set; the Indigenous Americans, on the other hand, used rivers, hills, mountains, lakes, etc., to establish boundaries.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Yes, counties in Indiana--in fact, many midwestern and western states in the US were laid out on a grid system, whether it made any sense or not. Sometimes, they later used rivers, lakes, mountains, etc., to modify some of them. Most of this happened before there were very many European settlers, so it was for ease of the invading masses that such boundaries were set; the Indigenous Americans, on the other hand, used rivers, hills, mountains, lakes, etc., to establish boundaries.

Ever see a map of NYC? I am surprise at the grid system they have based on its age.
Ever see a map of Boston? Not even sure they had the slightest clue as to what a grid system is....and they still don't

boston-map-0.jpg

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Ever see a map of NYC? I am surprise at the grid system they have based on its age.
Ever see a map of Boston? Not even sure they had the slightest clue as to what a grid system is....and they still don't

boston-map-0.jpg
Those were early-settled areas...modeled after England, which was based on local geography.

When it came to mapping out the newly acquired Northwest Territory in 1785, and the Louisiana Purchase later, since no one knew the geography, it was easiest to just draw a grid...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm going to break the rules here for a moment and post something that is neither random or meaningless

There appears to have been a spike in e-mail attacks, both social engineering and with payload. I have dealt with both this week and am still dealing with one today.

1) an email, possibly from a source you know, asking you to click a link and fill out a form. This is data collection to used to take over your e-mail account, use for suture attacks, and possibly ID theft. The original attack that started this was 5 months ago and they held on to the data and e-mial account for 5 months before stacking virtually everyone in the compromised e-mial's address book.

2) Also possibly from a source you know, asking you to click the link, which takes you to what looks like a legitimate site, be that DropBox or something similar. Here you are to click a second link that comes back with you do not have access or rights to the site. This drops a payload. Not sure what yet, still working on it. It does however disable your antivirus. It makes it appear as if it is running, but it actually is not. Not exactly sure when the original e-mail compromise was just yet, but my suspicion was fairly recently
We should not question where hell is when we know - a region of the internet