• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do you love the pun? There's a t-shirt for you:

untitled.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wish we could just all send him a PM saying "Hang in there. You mean something to us."

But that might be weird.
I sent @Wu Wei a telepathic message that RF's population
has swelled up with plump slow moving hikers.
(But then, every human is slow to a grizzly.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm reading the UK economy is also showing warning signs of an economic slump, if not full recession. I wonder if a "no deal Brexit" would cause a recession in both the UK and US?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I may never be as content as I was at one point, but I've been focusing more on math and the like lately. I consider it a good sign as after my health decline, I had to relearn tieing my shoes just about. But I'm starting to get back to some of the more complicated things I used to think about.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm reading the UK economy is also showing warning signs of an economic slump, if not full recession. I wonder if a "no deal Brexit" would cause a recession in both the UK and US?
Not at all.
UK and US can benefit from the € devaluation, but they need to be allies

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not at all.
UK and US can benefit from the € devaluation, but they need to be allies
A no-deal Brexit would not be the sign of confidence in good market performance investors are looking for. Trump's trade war isn't helping things, and a no-deal Brexit would through markets into a world of unknowns. It could potentially weaken the West to the point that China does emerge very far ahead. The market in regards to the trade war could adjust and stabilize after awhile, but adding a no-deal Brexit could topple things given the only certainty if that happens is no one is certain of what will happen as a result.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, my car's engine blew, insurance won't cover a damn thing because it was mechanical, it'll take a week to get my car fixed, and I want to say for sure definitely I'm getting home tomorrow because I'm getting a rental car, but the way things are going I'm anticipating something that will again hinder my return home.:(

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So, my car's engine blew, insurance won't cover a damn thing because it was mechanical, it'll take a week to get my car fixed, and I want to say for sure definitely I'm getting home tomorrow because I'm getting a rental car, but the way things are going I'm anticipating something that will again hinder my return home.:(

Good luck. Hope it works out for you

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A no-deal Brexit would not be the sign of confidence in good market performance investors are looking for. Trump's trade war isn't helping things, and a no-deal Brexit would through markets into a world of unknowns. It could potentially weaken the West to the point that China does emerge very far ahead. The market in regards to the trade war could adjust and stabilize after awhile, but adding a no-deal Brexit could topple things given the only certainty if that happens is no one is certain of what will happen as a result.
The dollar/euro market is very balanced ...the problem is that Germany plays dirty disrespecting the other EU countries on trade and that is why Trump wants tariffs on the European imports.
Brexit is necessary to allow UK to exit the EU and counterbalance Germany from the outside

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Looks like it to me, the supermarkets have been stockpiling food just in case. The idea of a no deal has seen the value of the pound slump to its lowest level on record. And it hasn't come to that yet.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The dollar/euro market is very balanced ...the problem is that Germany plays dirty disrespecting the other EU countries on trade and that is why Trump wants tariffs on the European imports.
Germany was brought up in some of the articles I've read.
Brexit is necessary to allow UK to exit the EU and counterbalance Germany from the outside
A no deal Brexit looks like it would be disastrous. There would be not doing much of anything except scrambling to figure out how to keep things from collapsing into chaos as the consequences would extend far beyond the borders of the UK.