• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn't make it home today. Instead I got stuck in "mini bat country." Stuff in my head I rarely use, very manic, (older) Korn playing loudly, steep hills and mountains going up and down, rocks, dirt, and dust all around, and a car that has something in the radiator (I think, I won't know till the mechanic looks at it, as I have not my tools to do it myself and am hundreds of miles from home) goes pop. Hormones are great, (hypo)mania and Korn are fun (it's the energy level of Jonathan Davis), and very low humidity a very wonderful thing when the temperature is over 100 F.
I still can't bring myself to cry in public though. I almost did, but my mom wouldn't. I did, however, inspect Navada's local brand of bud.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And it's awesome that now people see the outfit I've worn every time I make this trip (because it's long sleeves to keep my arms from roasting, and I don't have many long sleeve shirts because they are evil in humidity), people ask me where I'm from, and they are not surprised at all when I tell them California.
It got me again wondering where any body got the idea that hipsters are non-conformist. I am by no means a hipster, and it's a gaurantee no one else has the same outfit as me, mostly because it does have a home-made coat, a top is marketed to a very specific and niche crowd (you find it at the malls, box stores, or dept stores), and it wasn't made to go with pants but I wear them anyways and it looks good.
That is how a non-conformist does it. In the atire department. Not by doing cheap, crappy, and poor knock offs of the Grunge look. It's as bad as someone who just is not country, at all, trying to look and act country. Damn city slickers.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And it's awesome that now people see the outfit I've worn every time I make this trip (because it's long sleeves to keep my arms from roasting, and I don't have many long sleeve shirts because they are evil in humidity), people ask me where I'm from, and they are not surprised at all when I tell them California.
It got me again wondering where any body got the idea that hipsters are non-conformist. I am by no means a hipster, and it's a gaurantee no one else has the same outfit as me, mostly because it does have a home-made coat, a top is marketed to a very specific and niche crowd (you find it at the malls, box stores, or dept stores), and it wasn't made to go with pants but I wear them anyways and it looks good.
That is how a non-conformist does it. In the atire department. Not by doing cheap, crappy, and poor knock offs of the Grunge look. It's as bad as someone who just is not country, at all, trying to look and act country. Damn city slickers.

I believe if I had grown up as a woman in that tiny hilly town of peasants, I would have been labeled as the s l u t of the village. Miniskirts, fishnet stockings high heels ....:p
Hated by females, adored by males.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In that town named the town of the 50 churches...dressed like this.

biancheria-intima-sexy-delle-donne-imposta.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe if I had grown up as a woman in that tiny hilly town of peasants, I would have been labeled as the s l u t of the village. Miniskirts, fishnet stockings high heels ....:p
Hated by females, adored by males.
I've never really considered such what ifs. Its dwelling on what never was, and ultimately things would be so different that it's impossible to predict. The very fact boys and girls are raised differently means probably everyone would be wrong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The hotel I got is nice. Bit of an older feel with the wooden furniture, not an older TV (I did grow up with a clicker knob thingy) but one old enough to not have A/V ports, let alone HDMI (I was going to watch Dr. Who but won't now), and definitely old enough it was made when phones were still plugged into the wall and not into an electric outlet. But oddly there is no alarm clock, despite there being no extra outlets. It has a fairly big fridge with seperate freezer box top for a hotel thingy that usually is a tiny fridge and tiny square that is a bit colder and passed off as a freezer, and it has a microwave.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And like a worthless bum, those "good neighbors" are not at all like a good neighbor. They'll leave you stranded and not help much. They also have an office right next door. They do all this stuff, have all these things and options, but a hotel when your car goes down isn't one of them? No assistance getting home? No mention of a rental? The tow truck guy was a much better "good neighbor" when he recommended and called a local taxi service (cheaper than Lyft, which is odd, because it's very typically the other way around and Lyft is prohibitively expensive around here).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't want to set my alarm tomorrow, but I have to. I have to get up early enough to walk to the repair shop, apologize for hanging up on him (not in a bad way, but I was juggling phones call and heard what I needed to from him), get an estimated time of when I can hear back to know if I'll need another night at the hotel or not, and to get my key to them. They might need that. The tow truck guy left my car in the middle of their tiny lot thingy.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've never really considered such what ifs. Its dwelling on what never was, and ultimately things would be so different that it's impossible to predict. The very fact boys and girls are raised differently means probably everyone would be wrong.
My mom called me s l u t several times.
I bet your mom is a better person;)