• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And before I go to bed, I'm calling BS on Game of Thrones during the first battle between Danny and the Lannister army, because with the Dothraki charging the Lannister line would have been shattered the first time the dragon roasted some of them, and confusion and chaos would have reigned supreme over them from the start. That would be a level of fear and terror that no warlord or dictator has ever come close to, and I'm just not buying that there were any of them holding the line after that moment.

I have not watched any game of thrones for what i consider a really good reason.

I bought the first 3 books about 15 years ago with the intention of of good reading session. By 1/4 of the way though the first book i had got used to the boring writing style and was expecting something interesting or logical to happen. By starting the 3rd book i was exasperated, still boring with no signed of improvement.

I gave them to a charity shop.

ChristineM

Premium Member
57593696_856354421369005_6294152779900387328_n.jpg

Been there.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I just brushed some crumbs off of the table

I just brushed some crumbs off my knees. Had a ham sandwich with whole grain mustard for lunch on the veranda with a mild, warm breeze and 21c (70f) bright sunshine).

All very enjoyable except hubby made the sandwiches and used far too much mustard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hit & run driver - Nasty Fasty
Gay spouse - Queerie Dearie
New black neighbor - Brownie Townie
Crocodile or alligator - Mightie Bitie
Lutefisk - Smellie Jellie
Cigarettes - Smokie Chokie
Lady cop - Shootie Cutie
Bad cop - Grumpie thumpie
Thoracic surgeon - Cuttie Guttie

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well all that is far from politically correct..... but then so am I so...meh..... who cares

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I have not watched any game of thrones for what i consider a really good reason.

I bought the first 3 books about 15 years ago with the intention of of good reading session. By 1/4 of the way though the first book i had got used to the boring writing style and was expecting something interesting or logical to happen. By starting the 3rd book i was exasperated, still boring with no signed of improvement.

I gave them to a charity shop.
My son thought I might like them...There were parts I did like, that I thought might go somewhere...but for the most part it didn't by the time I got halfway through the third book. I've watched some of the series, thought some things have been done well, others not so well...and some of it comes across as just silly...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My son thought I might like them...There were parts I did like, that I thought might go somewhere...but for the most part it didn't by the time I got halfway through the third book. I've watched some of the series, thought some things have been done well, others not so well...and some of it comes across as just silly...
Obviously, my approach is the best.
Total ignorance of the book(s).
Watch the show with no preconceptions.
It's much more enjoyable this way.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
you know, when you tall me a story and ask for my technical assistance...if you start with 2 weeks ago....and then in the next correspondence you tell me 1 day ago...and then in the next correspondence tell me 1 year ago..... I have a tendency to believe you are lying to me

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
1954 was quite some year
  • Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets
  • Marilyn Monroe marries Joe DeMaggio
  • Elvis Presley begins his music career
  • White Christmas
  • The Caine Mutiny
  • On the Waterfront
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Live and Let Die - Ian Fleming
  • Lord of the Flies - William Golding
  • The Lord of the Rings : The Fellowship of the Ring - J. R. R. Tolkien

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is one instance that prompted me to write "usually"
Thinking of some great books made into lackluster movies....
Catch 22
The Bonfire Of The Vanities
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

On the last one, I like how the books proceeded from a radio show.
Both were great.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Thinking of some great books made into lackluster movies....
Catch 22
The Bonfire Of The Vanities
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

On the last one, I like how the books proceeded from a radio show.
Both were great.

The TV series of Hitchhikers was also far better than the film