• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My doctor (back in Indiana, and she's apparently adamant that she's still my doctor, which I appreciate because she is a wonderful doctor) is writing me a recommendation for disabilities. Which, in Indiana I was pretty much expecting that to be my life (from an abysmal lack of opportunities, an environment I fail to thrive in, and it being Conservative and lacking LGBT protections), and a safety net if I found myself unable to find word from transitioning. Legitimately a survival thing in a state that elected Pence, but also a symptom of very low confidence and self-esteem and having very low expectations out of life. But here it never crossed my mind. A life with possibilities and options is what I see here. But choices and options are overwhelming (or maybe it's the sudden onset of them that deals a psychological blow), and my depression is definitely worsening.
Anyone who thinks life is a destination (to anywhere other than the grave) needs to live my life for a day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One thing that I do see as very wrong in California, something the state is very guilty of and something that just isn't being done right here, is thus far I have found not one single pizza joint that offers cheese sauce for bread sticks. Everywhere I look it's always marinara sauce.
And I learned California cursed the world with McDonalds, Jack in the Box, and other nightmarish food atrocities (it turns out reading about hamburgers and related wiki articles isn't so much of a boring "can't sleep" read).
I also still fail to see where anyone ever got the idea that Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are pretty the same (Maher's "Hard Carl's," it turns out, is way off base). Hardee's has more thickburgers, not nearly as many double burgers (something I was stunned to learn was invented in California), and not as greasy and way better tasting.
And I still have yet to publicly accuse In-n-Out of having such a shamefully pathetic faith they put the Bible verse in tiny print and in obscure areas as if they don't want that little light of theirs to shine. And I still fail to see what anyone sees in that place of mediocrity where one will absolutely never be "in and out" of.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My Friday was shot, leaving my Saturday in need of adjustment. I couldn't sleep last night, and around 11:30 am or so I took a nap. It was in my mind I should set an alarm so I don't sleep too long, but it was also in my mind I never sleep well or much in one go here. But sleep I did (I suspect was it was largely aided by the edibles I ate to help ease my knee and bowel pains), and I don't think I've slept half as well since I moved here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looking up stuff for disabilities is confusing and stressful. I especially do not understand the "other employment" thingy, as most people I know on disabilities can do some work (and a few just seem lazy and had no discernible problems or issues when it came to things they wanted to do).
I'm also still stunned that a path I left to avoid is a path being laid out in front of me. And, honestly, I like the idea of having a guaranteed income. Not to quit and give up on work (I do believe in Marx's "equal obligation to work," after all), but people are ******** when it comes to regular employment and I have struggled tremendously at self-employment thus far.
I'll probably take it, so I can focus more on my own efforts and not feel so much pressure as I learn and experiment with reaching out to an audience (the biggest thing killing any effort I've made). And so I can finally just be sick when I feel like dying because of an IBS flair up.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A life with possibilities and options is what I see here. But choices and options are overwhelming (or maybe it's the sudden onset of them that deals a psychological blow), and my depression is definitely worsening.
Anyone who thinks life is a destination (to anywhere other than the grave) needs to live my life for a day.

Insert useless platitude that would do you absolutely no good here.

And so I can finally just be sick when I feel like dying because of an IBS flair up.

I have IBS but clearly not as bad as you do. To write that it sucks does not begin to describe how much it sucks.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is it like getting food poisoning?
gas, cramps, runs or constipation or alternating. Runs can be knowing that you have no more than 5 minutes to find a toilet because the freight train is coming fast and nothing but nothing is going to stop it that fast.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
On a brighter note

e56f2ef0219801378747005056a9545d

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
gas, cramps, runs or constipation or alternating. Runs can be knowing that you have no more than 5 minutes to find a toilet because the freight train is coming fast and nothing but nothing is going to stop it that fast.
Why on Earth would you have wanted to get such a thing?