• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Daylight savings time is for encouraging drinking. It just screws up people's head and the screwup might as well be pleasant, I think.

Haha. Jesus says that head is right. Not heads. We are one!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
looks like a Scot to me...and now to translate into Scot so you can understand....
Looks loch a scot tae me.

gr_willie_scot.jpg
But I puts maple syrup on me porridge.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I ate at this Mexican restaurant today, and they so very badly need to learn piling on only one type of cheese and smothering everything in it isn't all that tasty or pleasant. My carne con queso was more of a heap of a white velveeta-like cheese with a pinch of beef and dash of peppers. My cheese quesadilla was pretty much just a mouthful of that same cheese that needs to be mixed with other cheeses.

DavidFirth

You are the 'true Scotsman' unlike some others.

Thank ya, sir, born near Wigtownshire in Dumfries and Galloway. My family had moved to Northern Ireland long ago but all records were lost and I have no idea how, when or why they came back to good ole Scotland. :cocktail:

Came to the US as a young tyke and haven't been back except for one brief visit. Scotland and Ireland are two of the most beautiful places on Earth. Spent a stent in Baltimore and moved to Georgia. I can remember the white picket fence my pop built in Baltimore that I white washed.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Thank ya, sir, born near Wigtownshire in Dumfries and Galloway. My family had moved to Northern Ireland long ago but all records were lost and I have no idea how, when or why they came back to good ole Scotland. :cocktail:

Came to the US as a young tyke and haven't been back except for one brief visit. Scotland and Ireland are two of the most beautiful places on Earth. Spent a stent in Baltimore and moved to Georgia. I can remember the white picket fence my pop built in Baltimore that I white washed.

HA!!!! if you were a TRUE Scotsman your family would have been kick out by "King James 1" like mine was :D

Wu Wei

They left before he sat on his throne. My family was ahead of the game. ;)

Yeah well... then they were kicked out of Ireland and later Nova Scotia..... I come from a long line of trouble makers.... and that's just the Scottish/Irish side..... don't get me started on the German lineage

Last edited:

Wu Wei

Watching my youngest, who has loved school her whole life, start to hate it.

Her reasons, she does not think the teachers care about learning. She wants to learn and she does not feel like the majority of her teacher care about learning at all. They just want kids to copy down what is written, read the book, and then do the work at home, and the homework work load is absolutely oppressive. She always does well, always gets good grades and the amount of work they send home has made us have to remove her from a youth symphony she enjoys and cut back on her martial arts that she wants to go to and we are now having to consider stopping some of her music lessons that she absolutely loves. She is advanced in math, English and social studies and as well as piano, viola and violin, heck her youth symphony is still trying to get her back, and we would love to have her go back, and she would love to go back too, There are piano competitions she wants to join, but no time to practice the pieces she would need to play.... the homework is absolutely stifling.

And her thoughts about the teachers, from what I ran into on parents teacher night, and from what I am hearing from her, are not far off from the truth. There are a couple that seem to actually care about their students but some of the others I doubt care at all...and one...depending on his answer to a question today.... I am ready to go to battle with. I understand teaching is a rough job, there are a lot of teachers in my family, but this guy is the first I have run into where I am outraged that my tax dollars go to his salary so he can spend his day sitting on his back side NOT teaching the children it his class. Most of the kids in that class go to my youngest for help because he is not teaching them ANYTHING! and what she can't answer, she asks my wife or myself. She is doing more teaching in that class with the help of my wife and myself than the guy that is getting PAID to teach it.

It is enough for my wife and myself to look into private schools, and there are a few in my area that are very good. I have never been big on private school over public, but this school. compared to some of the private schools I have been looking at, is making me change my position.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is enough for my wife and myself to look into private schools, and there are a few in my area that are very good. I have never been big on private school over public, but this school. compared to some of the private schools I have been looking at, is making me change my position.
Did you go to public school?
I ask because of the underlined mistake.
It shouldn't be the reflexive.