• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The quran clearly states that a husband can beat his wife (4:34) can any muslim explain why and just

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

And i know so muslism will say it actaull means bat them with a twig hu ? - ok let me ask you this the first punishment was to not speak to her , the second was not to share her bed and the last and final and most sever punishment is to beat her witha twig - hahahahah ohhhhhh my that is reall really funny come you guys you cant for 1 minute belive the quran - says tyhe final punishment is to beat your wife with a twig ,

it also says this about you lovely lovley ladies , daughters of the most high God - Jesus - precous pearls - please read below on how islm sees woman

1. Islam teaches that men are superior to women Surah 2:228
2. Islam teaches that women have half the rights of men
a) In court witness Surah 2:282
b) In inheritance Surah 4:11
3. Islam considers they are a possession Surah 3:14
4. Islam teaches that women are unclean. Surah 4:43
5. Islam instructs women to veil themselves always when they are outside their home. Surah 24:31
5. Mohammed teaches that women are lacking in mind and religion. (Al Bukhary Vol. 2:541)
6. Mohammed teaches that women are a bad omen (Al Bukhary Vol. 7:30)
7. Mohammed teaches that women are harmful to men. (Al Bukhary Vol. 7:33)

Marriage in Islam
1. Islam allows polygamy Surah 4:3
2. Islam allows a man to divorce his wife by oral announcement Surah 2:229
3. When a husband has pronounced divorce three times on his wife, she then may not lawfully remarry her husband until she has married and been divorced by another man (including having intimate relation with him) Surah 2:230
Islam teaches that a wife is subject to punishment by her husband Surah 4:34

Intimate relation in Islam
Islam considers the wife a sex object Surah 2:223
Unnatural sex is allowed (Al Buhhary Vol 6:51)

fatima_bintu_islam

Okey, you dont have many posts but after reading just few of them, I will admit that I dont feel like playing the defensive part as I do on other threads, since only your manners are enough of discouraging me from doing so.

And since this is a comparative religion forum, I wish you could bring every single verse of the Bible which speaks of women ?

I dont think it will be very hard on you , right?

Thank you very much :)

fatima_bintu_islam

Moreover, I have to be honest with you. I dont think at all that your manners are those of someone who is seeking the truth as your nickname states ...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
People are too quick to judge others, but don't seem to ever look at their own behavior. As Jesus said "He who is without sin may cast the first stone". Jesus, who was without sin, didn't condemn the woman either in that case.

And you can't really judge an entire religion on one verse of their holy books.

I see some really childish comments , i thought this was a discussion for adults not children first i dont beat woman so why you asking me to judge myself i dont know - possibly stray away from answering the question ......ummmmm secondly that verse says an awfully alot about your book and its rules thirdly ask you can see there arlot more versus all pointing the islam treating woman like animals ----thats sick ------ i know you must think that ok and they are my possession well i am sorry but thats clearly wrong .........you send me a verse from the bible telling you to beat them and we can go from there but you have still not answered my question

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

And i know so muslism will say it actaull means bat them with a twig hu ? - ok let me ask you this the first punishment was to not speak to her , the second was not to share her bed and the last and final and most sever punishment is to beat her witha twig - hahahahah ohhhhhh my that is reall really funny come you guys you cant for 1 minute belive the quran - says tyhe final punishment is to beat your wife with a twig ,

it also says this about you lovely lovley ladies , daughters of the most high God - Jesus - precous pearls - please read below on how islm sees woman

1. Islam teaches that men are superior to women Surah 2:228
2. Islam teaches that women have half the rights of men
a) In court witness Surah 2:282
b) In inheritance Surah 4:11
3. Islam considers they are a possession Surah 3:14
4. Islam teaches that women are unclean. Surah 4:43
5. Islam instructs women to veil themselves always when they are outside their home. Surah 24:31
5. Mohammed teaches that women are lacking in mind and religion. (Al Bukhary Vol. 2:541)
6. Mohammed teaches that women are a bad omen (Al Bukhary Vol. 7:30)
7. Mohammed teaches that women are harmful to men. (Al Bukhary Vol. 7:33)

Marriage in Islam
1. Islam allows polygamy Surah 4:3
2. Islam allows a man to divorce his wife by oral announcement Surah 2:229
3. When a husband has pronounced divorce three times on his wife, she then may not lawfully remarry her husband until she has married and been divorced by another man (including having intimate relation with him) Surah 2:230
Islam teaches that a wife is subject to punishment by her husband Surah 4:34

Intimate relation in Islam
Islam considers the wife a sex object Surah 2:223
Unnatural sex is allowed (Al Buhhary Vol 6:51)

Stop Copying and pasting whole topics ...
Spreading junk articles won't spoil the image of Islam ...
Here are more sources of this same post that you posted...

The quran clearly states that a husband can beat his wife (4:34) can any muslim explain why and justify it? - Yahoo! Answers
The quran clearly states that a husband should beat his wife (4:34) can any muslim explain why ? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Why to show this picture of your self...

why are you afraid from debating Muslims,

respect yourself and open a new thread to debate a subject at a time..

Your title included a verse number that it's clear that you did not refer to the quran to read it, otherwise you would have noticed that the next verse directly after it is this:

"And if ye fear a breach between them twain (the man and wife), appoint an arbiter from his folk and an arbiter from her folk. If they desire amendment Allah will make them of one mind. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Aware."

Here are other two verse showing that you misunderstood the verse:
"Divorce must be pronounced twice and then (a woman) must be retained in honour or released in kindness… "
سورة 2 - آية 229

"Lodge them where ye dwell, according to your wealth, and harass them not so as to straiten life for them..."
سورة 65 - آية 6

afraid who is afraid ....i have read all the other one and i can post them i am not going to read those 3 verse there now but tell me about Surah 4:43 treating woman as unclean - why - about tis one Al Bukhary Vol. 2:54 - saying woman are dumber than men i could go on ohhhh and the classic twig beating - really funny this one Quran, 4:34 ...please i awate your reply

and so what i will carry on posting question ....why are you afraid....... that people will read my questions and ask themselves and start to wonder

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Hi Truthseeker,

We have another thread on this very topic somewhere. It's only a few days old ~ I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: Here you go.

I would imagine forum members are still a little tired out from that discussion to start up on it again. :)

Last edited:

MissAlice

Hi Truthseeker,

We have another thread on this very topic somewhere. It's only a few days old ~ I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: Here you go.

I would imagine forum members are still a little tired out from that discussion to start up on it again. :)

LOL and I killed that thread. :D

Anyhow jokes aside, it does seem that it is ok to beat the wife (if it's the last resort) which I still find unacceptable but that's just my opinion. I don't see too many contradictions regarding this act. Yes there are other quotes regarding women in a good light but still....I would think anyone in any relationship would rarely enjoy having someone bigger than them beat or even hurt them in a way that could be resolved in other ways.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I read one story about Muhammad who, when asked, "What shall we beat them with? " thought for a moment and then replied smiling, "With this!" and he held up the equivalent of a toothbrush. I got the impression that the author was trying to say Muhammad never meant beat the daylights out of your wife, and that he (Muhammad) felt the "beating" should be something as harmless as a tap with a toothbrush.

I don't know if that's true. :shrug: I also don't know if men back then were pretty accustomed to throwing their women around in anger. It's possible Muhammad's instruction was a huge improvement for women. :(

Symbolic or not, it's not an option with me. If my husband so much as flicked my arm in an attempt to discipline me, he'd end up with a much bigger problem.

i see you call me afriad but still you have not answerd my question , you are behaving like a coward ......and th facxt you cant answer my questions means only 1 thing you cant , as you dont have the answer .....weak very weak

so waht is a light beating ? come on now why would the first punishment be not talking ot her , then hnot sleeping with her and thenbeating her with a twig ??????? jusdt does not make sense