• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Question

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Is there a question that nags your mind and you have yet to find the answer? What might it be? I'm not offering any answers, but somebody might. :)

pexels-olya-kobruseva-5428833.jpg
Photo by Olya Kobruseva from Pexels

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is there a question that nags your mind and you have yet to find the answer? What might it be? I'm not offering any answers, but somebody might. :)

View attachment 46645
I have about a hundreds of questions i ask my self that is still unsolved or partly solve, so to pick one, that is not easy.

One question i do ponder upon is "what am I missing in the teaching that uncover deeper wisdom of the quran"

And under that question many New questions arise :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I thought about this for awhile now the importance of past, present, and future. I've never really considered myself past-oriented as important and was never future oriented. Present is like walking on egg shells and I do that anyhow. Building relationship with deceased family (or just taking my past experiences and things that happen to me to get a feel of what I know is true) has always been, how to say, a calling to me or so have you. One question I do ask since I didn't really have this growing up is what does family mean to me and how do I relate to family.

I've always been a little skeptical of attributing my experiences to anything or anyone. That's where trust comes in.... but anyway. Mostly, how to connect with family, what can they teach me, and things of that nature. I ask my living family as well and my uncle says "well, we're just not a family type of people" and my mother finally can say I love you and at the same time smile as she was never told that herself (and I haven't others likewise).

Learning experience, I guess.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How did our universe begin? Something thats bugged me for years, so many hypothesis, so many possibilities and no answers.

Another, why are there so many ****ty people?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Gravity is instantaneous?
A change in gravitational field propagates at the speed of light. That is why gravitational waves are predicted to be created when a very large mass accelerates (merging of two black holes is believed to have led to a wave that was detected in 2016). However in the static gravitational field that one normally has in practice, e.g. from the sun or the earth, the effect of that field is felt instantaneously.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

View attachment 46645
Today a new question arise in the mind.

If a person do not follow, study or have good knowledge of a spiritual teaching, how can this person deside what others believe is false or right?
How can a person such as this tell a whole religion must be wrong?

This is a question i ponder upon today.
I have no answer to it, nor is this a critique of any perticular person.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Today a new question arise in the mind.

If a person do not follow, study or have good knowledge of a spiritual teaching, how can this person deside what others believe is false or right?
How can a person such as this tell a whole religion must be wrong?

This is a question i ponder upon today.
I have no answer to it, nor is this a critique of any perticular person.
Well my answer might be - if one was to delve so deeply into one religion, then one might be prone to self-indoctrination, and if one didn't do so for all others then one might be guilty of selectivity (and personal preferences). So perhaps the answer is to rise above such and view them all more dispassionately - but which then might see one escape with none of them chasing one. :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well my answer might be - if one was to delve so deeply into one religion, then one might be prone to self-indoctrination, and if one didn't do so for all others then one might be guilty of selectivity (and personal preferences). So perhaps the answer is to rise above such and view them all more dispassionately - but which then might see one escape with none of them chasing one. :oops:
Thank you for your reply @Mock Turtle
I think questions like the one i asked, do come from a curiousity to why humans tend to believe what one self believe must be the most correct, so when we come across others who believe different, we start asking them questions instead of asking why do I my self hold this belief when clearly others do not.

I know i did not think like this before, and i am guilty of many bad questions and views of others in the past.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
A change in gravitational field propagates at the speed of light. That is why gravitational waves are predicted to be created when a very large mass accelerates (merging of two black holes is believed to have led to a wave that was detected in 2016). However in the static gravitational field that one normally has in practice, e.g. from the sun or the earth, the effect of that field is felt instantaneously.

I believe your response is exactly correct to the best of my understanding. The merging black holes are like ripples on a pond while the effects of the sun disappearing would be felt immediately across the entire universe. I've asked this question so many times over the years with the consensus that if the sun disappeared we would not feel the effects for 8 something minutes.

By chance, could you point me to an article supporting the notion that gravity is instantaneous?

Or if I misunderstand your response please correct me.

Thanks!

exchemist

Veteran Member
I believe your response is exactly correct to the best of my understanding. The merging black holes are like ripples on a pond while the effects of the sun disappearing would be felt immediately across the entire universe. I've asked this question so many times over the years with the consensus that if the sun disappeared we would not feel the effects for 8 something minutes.

By chance, could you point me to an article supporting the notion that gravity is instantaneous?

Or if I misunderstand your response please correct me.

Thanks!
What I had in mind is what the "Static Field" section of this Wiki article says:Speed of gravity - Wikipedia