• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The pursuit is over

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not really sure of why the need to put a label on things.

You seem to faith jump a lot, and that's okay. Have you considered an Omnist label, if you feel you must have one? That would allow you to partake in everything religious, and still be under that label. Want to attend a church? You're good to go, you're an Omnist. Want to attend a Buddhist meditation retreat? You're still fine, you're an Omnist! Want to worship Freya on Friday and Ganesh on Wednesday? Still okay for an Omnist.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. :)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't either but I do. Maybe it helps my self esteem to think I know myself.

I actually was gonna do that but none of the religions, as interesting as they are, made me want to get up on Sundays to actually go.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't either but I do. Maybe it helps my self esteem to think I know myself.

I actually was gonna do that but none of the religions, as interesting as they are, made me want to get up on Sundays to actually go.

Could part of the issue be you don't like getting up? :D

There isn't much I could rouse myself out of bed for...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My pursuit to find a religion has ended. (I hope anyway.) There is just nothing out there for me. My philosophy is Buddhism, but not as a religion. Help me be happy with my decision to be agnostic
If Buddhist philosophy is your thing I am truly happy for you :) you can make it in to your "way of life" and find so many aspects that will blossom in your life

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Could part of the issue be you don't like getting up? :D

There isn't much I could rouse myself out of bed for...
Well, since breaking my ankle, that is quite true. Maybe I can go when my leg doesn't hurt. Currently dealing with knee pain, so kind of bummed out.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, since breaking my ankle, that is quite true. Maybe I can go when my leg doesn't hurt. Currently dealing with knee pain, so kind of bummed out.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your knee feels better soon.

Heyo

Veteran Member
My pursuit to find a religion has ended. (I hope anyway.) There is just nothing out there for me. My philosophy is Buddhism, but not as a religion. Help me be happy with my decision to be agnostic
For some people Buddhism is a religion for others a philosophy. Why can't it be both?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

One perspective is that - IMO - you've left nothing of value behind. You can carry all the good stuff in life forward as an agnostic, without a lot of detrimental, religious baggage. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Knee pain sucks. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Help me be happy with my decision to be agnostic

That leads me to wonder if you are not truly happy with that decision? Personally I find you not knowing and saying you don't know to be intellectually honest and that's great. I also know that there is a stream of Buddhism that is compatible with rituals or without rituals. So again that's something that can totally work for you.

But only you can say whether or not you're truly happy with where you are now.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

My partner says I'm an atheist. I admit I have read this book...

10F19A27-79F0-48A2-B337-51D6BC9C3DC2.jpeg

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Does this Agnostic Buddhist accept reincarnation/rebirth? Or what or anything after death?