• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The purpose of life

Cooky

Veteran Member
Until valid evidence can show otherwise they are simply an idea. I won't live my life on hypotheses. Anyone who does has my sympathy

I see. So why are you here if you have nothing to contribute? You haven't taught me anything.

Cooky

Veteran Member
There may be sentience elsewhere in the universe, it is almost sure there is. But the universe itself does not have the structure for sentence. It is too big, the limitation is the speed of light.

As for purposes, we are insignificant in our own solar system, on a universal scale we are not even a single H2O molecule in all the oceans. It does massage the ego to believe (for whatever reason) that we are here for a reason,. The history of the universe simply does not bare that idea up

Do you know what a fractal is?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Because you did

I asked you what a ******* fractal is. I want a discussion. All you want to do is pretend like people are trying to convince you into thinking some way... I have never done that here.

I can trace back the hostility, if you want. It won't be from my end.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I asked you what a ******* fractal is. I want a discussion. All you want to do is pretend like people are trying to convince you into thinking some way... I have never done that here.

I can trace back the hostility, if you want. It won't be from my end.

You insulted my intelligence with the question
Do you know what a fractal is?

I responded in kind

You previously took the aggressive stance with

So why are you here if you have nothing to contribute?

Perhaps because you dont know what a hypothesis is or perhaps to insult, i dont really know.

You also considered my post explaining why the universe cannot be sentient as 'funny' another insult that indicates you dont actually want to learn anything. But complain that i have not taught you anything.

So shall we see what transpires?

Cooky

Veteran Member
You insulted my intelligence with the question

I responded in kind

You previously took the aggressive stance with

Perhaps because you dont know what a hypothesis is or perhaps to insult, i dont really know.

You also considered my post explaining why the universe cannot be sentient as 'funny' another insult that indicates you dont actually want to learn anything. But complain that i have not taught you anything.

So shall we see what transpires?

There was nothing insulting about any of those things. Those were honest questions, that I wanted honest answers to for discussion sake.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Only in your mind. Maybe if you has a positive attitude, you wouldn't assume everyone is out to get you.

And there is another one. Could it be that you are not actually aware of your insulting manner?

If this is the case maybe i and others should inform you that you are going too far

Cooky

Veteran Member
And there is another one. Could it be that you are not actually aware of your insulting manner?

If this is the case maybe i and others should inform you that you are going too far

Again, I hate sitting by idly while people crush optimism with negativity. All you seem to want to do is compare humanity to a worthless parasite, then get defensive, and pretend that the debate is directed toward changing your opinion.

...Sorry. But people don't have to agree with you.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Again, I hate sitting by idly while people crush optimism with negativity. All you seem to want to do is compare humanity to a worthless parasite, then get defensive, and pretend that the debate is directed toward changing your opinion.

...Sorry. But people don't have to agree with you.

What negativity? Just because i dont subscribe to known impossibilities does not make me negative, it just means i dont agree with you.

And when you insult me i will respond in kind, sorry if you dont dont that but you are not the only person in the world.

Changing what opinion? Please show me the post where i said you were trying to change my opinion? I have no opinion to change on this, the speed of light limits it and cannot be broken the universe is simply too big. So no opinion but fact

I don't care whether you agree with me or not, i stated the facts, you can choose to do whatever you want with them. Not my problem

Cooky

Veteran Member
See, @Epic Beard Man..? This is the Butterfly Effect. Thanks for helping to make this possible..! :rolleyes:

Oops... Sorry for saying something about a scienific topic. My bad. I should never do that, right?