• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Protocols of Elders Of Moscow

Pah

Uber all member
The Protocols of Elders Of Moscow
Miriam pointed to a bunch of articles discussing a recent anti-semitic letter signed by a bunch of Russian Parlamentarians asking the Russian government to investigate and ban all Jewish organizations in Russia as anti-Russian. The original letter was published in a Russian newspaper called "Rus Pravoslavnaya" ("Orthodox Russia") and can be found here. Since then, the Russian mass media has reported that the letter sent to the Russian State Prosecutor has been withdrawn.

With a help of a Russian-speaking friend of mine and the famous BabelFish, I am enclosing the full English translation of that letter below:
From a blog by Bnei Levi - the complete letter with other links

Pah

Uber all member
http://blogs.salon.com/0003494/2005/01/27.html#a225

Mother of Russian Anti-Semitism

"Bnei Levi" has undertaken the unhappy task of translating into English the recent anti-Semitic petition signed by 19 Russian parliamentarians and 500 other individuals. The petition, which calls for all Jewish groups to be banned, begins with a short collection of alleged citations from the Shulchan Oruch, a late Rabbinic commentary that the petition author claims demonstrates Jewish hostility towards Christianity and gentiles (1); the fact that Jewish leaders in Russia actually recognise the problematic nature of the passages cited is presented as an admission of Jewish malevolence. It goes on to assert that anti-Semitic incidents in Russia are actually the work of Jews, that the Jewish hope for the Messiah is really longing for the Anti-Christ, and that Jews are Satanists bent on global domination and undermining Russian identity. Jewish practice even includes human sacrifice:

the Jewish religion is anti-Christian and human-hating, reaching as far as ritual murders. Many cases of this extremism were proven in court (for example, see a study by a well-known scholar V. I. Dal "Rozyskaniye O Ubiyenii Yevremyimi Christianskih Mladentsev i Ispolzovanya Ih Krovi" [Investigation of Murders of Christian Babies by Jews and the Use of Their Blood], St. Petersburg, 1884).

No*s

Captain Obvious
This is a sad blot on not just human liberty, but my own religion. This kind of problem has occurred frequently in Russia, and it has frequently used the Church as its vehicle :(.