• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
...different groups of Jews may scribe the different books with significant errors...

The examples that Jesus gives of commandments are straight out of the Torah. Thus it is the Torah that Jesus teaches brings eternal life, it is the Torah that he commands his followers.
You must understand that God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments had been changed:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

This is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
...different groups of Jews may scribe the different books with significant errors...

The examples that Jesus gives of commandments are straight out of the Torah. Thus it is the Torah that Jesus teaches brings eternal life, it is the Torah that he commands his followers.
You must understand that God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie".
(Jeremiah 8:7-8)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

This is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You must understand that God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments had been changed:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

You are misquoting Isaiah 24. It doesn't say they changed the commandments. It sys they transgressed them.

As for Jeremiah 8:8, I have a better translation: How do ye say: 'We are wise, and the Law of the LORD is with us'? Lo, certainly in vain hath wrought the vain pen of the scribes.

You can tell frm that translation that it isn't that the laws were changed, but that the ignorance of the Jewish people of the law is the problem.

Again, Jesus quoted frm the Torah as we have it today. Do you really think Jesus quoted a corrupted text, or supported its obedience? YES/NO

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
You must understand that God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie".

You are misquoting Isaiah 24. It doesn't say they changed the commandments. It sys they transgressed them.....

.....Do you really think Jesus quoted a corrupted text, or supported its obedience?
Jesus Christ did not quote corrupt texts or endorse their obedience. I am saying that the prophets warned that the Law of God and its commandments had been changed.

And that is true. the Greek text of Isaiah 24: 5-6 tells us that the commandments were changed, not that the commandments were transgressed. That is mistranslated in the Bibles.

IndigoChild5559

And that is true. the Greek text of Isaiah 24: 5-6 tells us that the commandments were changed, not that the commandments were transgressed. That is mistranslated in the Bibles.
I'm sorry but you are just mistaken. I don't know how I could convince you though, since you accept inferior translations.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Jesus Christ did not quote corrupt texts or endorse their obedience. I am saying that the prophets warned that the Law of God and its commandments had been changed.

I'm sorry but you are just mistaken. I don't know how I could convince you though, since you accept inferior translations.
What I'm talking about is what the Greek text actually says in Isaiah 24:5-6, which says that God's commandments were changed. Many do not know it because the text has been mistranslated in Bibles that do not conform to what the Greek text says.

Last edited:

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
You must understund that Commandments of the Gospel were the true commandments or God, and them were gaven for all peoples to keep, because Jesus Christ said:

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19:16-22

And he also said:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen". (Matthew 28:19-20).

Commandments of the Gospel were the true commandments that God gaven to Moses. But God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

T
his is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
And God said to Moses, "Speak to the Children of Israel saying..." That's all I need to know.
The OP has been a part of the forum for 7 years now. There are 315 messages credited to the OP. Not all, but almost all, are restatements of the post that initiated this thread. You could probably have a more meaningful conversation with a cucumber and, if not, you could always put it in a salad.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
And God said to Moses, "Speak to the Children of Israel saying..." That's all I need to know.
No. It's not all, because we need understand this:

You must understund that Commandments of the Gospel were the true commandments of God, and them were gaven for all peoples to keep, because Jesus Christ said:

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19:16-22

And he also said:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen". (Matthew 28:19-20).

Commandments of the Gospel were the true commandments that God gaven to Moses. But God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

T
his is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The OP has been a part of the forum for 7 years now. There are 315 messages credited to the OP. Not all, but almost all, are restatements of the post that initiated this thread. You could probably have a more meaningful conversation with a cucumber and, if not, you could always put it in a salad.
After so long, it has still not been understood that the Law that God had actually given to Moses are the commandments that Jesus Christ taught when he preached the Gospel, and not the Old Testament precepts that Jesus Christ abolished because they were not from God, since God's law had been turned into a lie by the lying pen of the scribes, as Jeremiah 8:7-8 says..

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
After so long, it has still not been understood that the Law that God had actually given to Moses are the commandments that Jesus Christ taught when he preached the Gospel, and not the Old Testament precepts that Jesus Christ abolished because they were not from God, since God's law had been turned into a lie by the lying pen of the scribes, as Jeremiah 8:7-8 says..
I appreciate that you have taken the time to graciously provide the evidence that my assessment, noted in my previous post, was, and is, correct.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Deuteronomy - Chapter 13 (Parshah Re'eh) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

From Dvarim 13

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.

Therefore, anything jesus said to contradict G-D's words from the Torah was false, and a challenge to G-D, the real G-D.
Jesus Christ did not contradict the Words or the commandments of God, as some think, but he commanded to keep the commandments that were really given by God, which are those that Jesus Christ teaches in the Gospel, not all those that are written in the Old Testament.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Your quote contradicts the Torah, which I quoted. You can either believe the chatter you quoted, or you can believe the word of God.
The Law and the commandments that God gave to Moses are what Jesus Christ teaches in the Gospel. So, they are not all those that are written in the Old Testament, because the Law of God was transformed into a lie by the lying pen of the scribes, as Jeremiah 8:7-8 says.

IndigoChild5559

The Law and the commandments that God gave to Moses are what Jesus Christ teaches in the Gospel. So, they are not all those that are written in the Old Testament, because the Law of God was transformed into a lie by the lying pen of the scribes, as Jeremiah 8:7-8 says.
Jesus said that not a brushstroke would pass away from the Law until heaven and earth passed away. Not a brushstroke. Enough said.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law

Jesus said that not a brushstroke would pass away from the Law until heaven and earth passed away. Not a brushstroke. Enough said.
The words of Jesus Christ in that famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the Law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the Law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the Law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not toabolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this Law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Last edited:

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Jesús Christ refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel.

God did not command, for example to hate the enemy. Jesus Christ abolished hating the enemy because God had not commanded it. In Matthew 5:43 the Gospel says "Ye have heard that it was said...". And it does not say it was said by God. Let's see it:

"Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust". (Matthew 5:43-45)

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Jesús Christ refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel.

God did not command, for example to hate the enemy. Jesus Christ abolished hating the enemy because God had not commanded it. In Matthew 5:43 the Gospel says "Ye have heard that it was said...". And it does not say it was said by God. Let's see it:

"Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust". (Matthew 5:43-45)

Jesus never used the expression "The TRUE law of God." He only spoke of the Law/Torah, which was the five books as we have them today.
That is not true, because the Law that God had really given is the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and his merciful commandments, not all the precepts that are written in the five books of the old law, because Jesus Christ abolished many precepts of the five books because they were not of God.

Jesus Christ, when he said "You heard that it was said ...", he did not say that it was said by God, only that it was said..., and Jesus Christ abolished many precepts
that were said formerly, and He abolished them because they were not of God, such as "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth", which Jesus Christ abolished it because it was not of God.