• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
I agree with you.
Jesus wrote neither write any Law, nor dictate any nor authorize anybody to write Law on his behalf. Right? Please
Regards
I believe Jesus gave commandments. Laws are for men to adjudicate. Commandments are for God to judge whether they are kept or not.
Jesus, when he preached the Gospel, taught the true commandments that were given by God to Moses, and annulled the Old Testament commandments that were only precepts of men.

Ratzzable

The scribes always changed the laws of God, Ur-Nammu, Eshunna etc. till the Mosaical law later revised by the Sanhedrin and the Kabbalic masters etc. To command the upkeep of the Mosaic laws by Jesus by putting them in allegorical stories to relate them to situations more natural to the plain and/or working man, that is to say, his emotional body is nothing more than prophesizing them again and again by emphesizing the Thou shalt not kill and Thou shalt not adult beeing the basic behind commandaments behind his teachings.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The scribes always changed the laws of God......
The scribes changed the law of God, and so there were many commandments written in the Old Testament that were not commandments of God, they were precepts of men. For example, the commandments ordering stoning to kill people. Jesus did not fulfill these commandments because were not comandments or God .

The True Law of God is what Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel. There is no other true Law.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The scribes changed the law of God, and so there were many commandments written in the Old Testament that were not commandments of God, they were precepts of men. For example, the commandments ordering stoning to kill people. Jesus did not fulfill these commandments because were not comandments or God .

The True Law of God is what Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel. There is no other true Law.
Jesus Christ, when he preached the Gospel, taught us simple and commandments. You can see the law of Christ and his merciful commandment:

The Law of God taught by Jesus Christ

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery. And those commandments weren't really God's Law.

These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments.

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

Hawk Flint

Dear friends, I have studied the writings of the prophets, and I found several quotes that make me think what happened to God's Law.

The writings of the prophets tell us that God's law was changed.

The prophets tell us that the scribes had changed the God's Law

The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9).

"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

"He says, therefore, the Lord: Because this people draw near me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and their fear of me is a commandment of men which have been taught" (Isaiah 29.13).

And Jesus Christ, remembering the words of the prophet Isaiah, also told the scribes and Pharisees who were teaching the commandments of men:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men"
(Matthew 15.7-9

Dear friends, this is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. The Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Hi Porque77, I'll get back to you on your post in Christian Forums soon.

Do you think that the "change" in the Law of G-d was actually people adding and taking away from it? That's apparently what they did.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel.

I believe the fact that He mentioned the prophets indicated He was talking about OT law and there is no mention of His Gospel.

I believe repeating this does not make it true.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You are correct.

But in this particular matter, Jesus makes this statement.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

I believe He did not call it a new law. He doesn't even call it a commandment. So I see it as something to do that is better than the law if by the grace of God one can do it.

meghanwaterlillies

I believe that would be illogical. The animals come first so we can kill them and eat them.
That is not illogical you don't know what kind of battle your fighting than..
Preeminence, Son of Man... Which didn't come for animals so to speak, or before.
Even the light

Last edited:

Kelloggs

Dear friends, I have studied the writings of the prophets, and I found several quotes that make me think what happened to God's Law.

The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9).

"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

"He says, therefore, the Lord: Because this people draw near me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and their fear of me is a commandment of men which have been taught" (Isaiah 29.13).

And Jesus Christ, remembering the words of the prophet Isaiah, also told the scribes and Pharisees who were teaching the commandments of men:

(Matthew 15.7-9

Dear friends, this is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. The Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.
I think you are confusing the Interpretation of the Law and the Law itself.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Hi Porque77, I'll get back to you on your post in Christian Forums soon.

Do you think that the "change" in the Law of G-d was actually people adding and taking away from it? That's apparently what they did.
That is what the prophets did tell when they said to people that the God's Law was changed into a lie by the scribes. Then I remember you the scripture's quotes of the prophets:

(Matthew 15.7-9

Last edited:

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law

(Matthew 15.7-9

I think you are confusing the Interpretation of the Law and the Law itself.
No, the prophets did not say that the interpretation of the law was changed. What the prophets say is that God's Law was changed by the lying pen of the scribes. The prophets speaks of the writings of the Law, which were changed by the scribes:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us ? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9) .

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
No, the prophets did not say that the interpretation of the law was changed. What the prophets say is that God's Law was changed by the lying pen of the scribes. The prophets speaks of the writings of the Law, which were changed by the scribes:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us ? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9) .
You do not teach what the Gospel teaches. Everything what you mention to explain why was not fulfilled the law that commanded to be stoned that woman are just excuses that do not conform to the Gospel, because what Jesus said is this:

'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her' (John 8:1-11).

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Of course the scribes changed the Law of God. That is why Jesus Christ taught us in the Gospel the true commandments of God:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Hawk Flint

Of course the scribes changed the Law of God. That is why Jesus Christ taught us in the Gospel the true commandments of God:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

He said nothing about making and worshiping other gods though. Nor did He say anything about not having any other Gods upon God's face.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law

Which Laws were changed, plus how do you know they changed them?
The laws that were changed are those that Jesus Christ annulled from the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ did not come to annul the Law of God, what He annulled was not true Law of God, they were only precepts of men.

And those laws are those that are written in the Old Testament that order to do damage and to kill the people. All these laws are contrary to the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, and those laws were annulled by Jesus Christ because they were only precepts of men.

And we know that they are precepts of men because they are contrary to what Jesus Christ taught us when He preached the Gospel, because Jesus Christ taught us the true commandments of God and He annulled the precepts of men written in the Old Testament.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The laws that were changed are those that Jesus Christ annulled from the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ did not come to annul the Law of God, what He annulled was not true Law of God, they were only precepts of men.

And those laws are those that are written in the Old Testament that order to do damage and to kill the people. All these laws are contrary to the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, and those laws were annulled by Jesus Christ because they were only precepts of men.

And we know that they are precepts of men because they are contrary to what Jesus Christ taught us when He preached the Gospel, because Jesus Christ taught us the true commandments of God and He annulled the precepts of men written in the Old Testament.
Just because you believe in Jesus and what he supposedly said doesn't mean that what you believe in is correct.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Just because you believe in Jesus and what he supposedly said doesn't mean that what you believe in is correct.

the NT does not inform necessarily how I might disagree with Rabbinical Scripture configuration and interpretation.

Last edited: