• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Shermana

Heretic
Language is only one possibility of communication. Humans created languages as a means of verbal communication and understanding. Certain words have certain meanings and emotional effects. Animals communicate short of language, according to vocal and physical cues. Inanimate objects communicate physically/chemically.

Dolphins and whales for example do indeed have a sort of "language". Whale songs are tonal and have different vibrations and frequencies. It can be to an extent comparable to Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. Certain animals especially among birds have a wide array of "Vocal cues" beyond just simple chirps, but actually a highly complex system of such "cues" such as giving individual "names" to their offspring. Human language is unique in the sense that we can put thoughts and ideas, to an extent at least, into a communicatable form. How this is "blasphemous" is beyond me. How does one communicate the idea that Brothers and Sisters, or Fathers and Daughters should not get married? Is it just something that we should naturally know? Or perhaps there's something built into us that tells us its a horrific idea?

Did God command light on the First Day, according to a vocal cue? The Hebrew language?

How am I supposed to know? I suppose. Some tradition says the Ancient Hebrew language was similar to the Celestial one.

Why is it that the stars and Sun are able to remain obedient, according to God's commands, but we are exemptions? God maintains His will effectively in objects created to serve mankind, but not in mankind?

I'm not quite sure the relevance of this question, but it appears you're asking for a long detailed discussion on the age-old controversy of free will versus determinism.
If there was anything illogical, you'd point to it.

Indeed.

Shermana

Heretic
Do whatever is in your law.

Will do. I suggest you reconsider your views and do similarly if you're interested in living as Jesus commanded and taught and don't want to be among the "least" in the Kingdom, assuming you don't get rejected as a "doer of lawlessness".

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Dolphins and whales for example do indeed have a sort of "language". Whale songs are tonal and have different vibrations and frequencies. It can be to an extent comparable to Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. Certain animals especially among birds have a wide array of "Vocal cues" beyond just simple chirps, but actually a highly complex system of such "cues" such as giving individual "names" to their offspring. Human language is unique in the sense that we can put thoughts and ideas, to an extent at least, into a communicatable form. How this is "blasphemous" is beyond me. How does one communicate the idea that Brothers and Sisters, or Fathers and Daughters should not get married? Is it just something that we should naturally know? Or perhaps there's something built into us that tells us its a horrific idea?

How am I supposed to know? I suppose. Some tradition says the Ancient Hebrew language was similar to the Celestial one.

I'm not quite sure the relevance of this question, but it appears you're asking for a long detailed discussion on the age-old controversy of free will versus determinism.

Indeed.

It's blasphemous because it is an inefficient means to rule, as God and Creator of mankind. This according to those deaf, dumb, diseased, comatose, retarded, mentally impaired or biased, and unlearned. So much so, that if one is willing to do the will of God, you deny it to him if he does not read/hear and understand, things said and done to people and things unknown to him.

Sleeppy

Will do. I suggest you reconsider your views and do similarly if you're interested in living as Jesus commanded and taught and don't want to be among the "least" in the Kingdom, assuming you don't get rejected as a "doer of lawlessness".

Only the ones judging are judged. If I judge an angel, I do it peacefully before God.

Shermana

Heretic
This according to those deaf, dumb, diseased, comatose, retarded, mentally impaired or biased, and unlearned.

Was it also blasphemous to indicate that those with such imperfections would not be allowed to come near the Altar?

Shermana

Heretic
Only the ones judging are judged. If I judge an angel, I do it peacefully before God.

You are gravely mistaken. Everyone is judged. You are confusing what Jesus says about "Judge not lest ye be judged" with something radically different.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
No you simply don't understand what Jesus meant. He was saying the Jews were misapplying it far too literally and strictly. Even today, Orthodox Jews don't apply it literally and strictly. When was the last time even the most Charedi of Jews ruled for someone to be beaten or maimed in a similar way one causes to another? Jesus was saying to tone it down and not apply it so literally and strictly.

Then, yourself acknowledge that the Old Testament laws do not currently apply. Then, if aren't applicable, are not God's laws, because the laws of God are all applicable, are all merciful, and are a comfortable yoke and a light burden. So Jesus says :

"Come to me , all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart , and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"(Matthew 11:28-30)

You have to admit you're confused and that the only true law of God is only one: The Law of the Gospel.

The Law of the Gospel is merciful , and everyone can comply her if has good will.

Many laws of the Old Testament literally can not be fulfilled because they aren't the commandments of God. It's that simple.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Indeed.

In response to the brother sister, father daughter thing...that's a combination of social and biological cues. If you read early parts of the Bible, their are plenty of relationships that are at the least between cousins. Not even getting into the issue of "who was Cain's wife?"

But overall it creates less diversity and rise in genetic mutations. Remember there are plenty of mutations that we do not express because of our mating diversity. Between family members you increase the odds of one of those mutations occurring.

You just need a few kids being born weird between sibling interactions or incestuous interactions for people to start picking up that something is wrong with it. Of course the reason why wouldn't necessarily be known and any ill born child of such a union would be labeled "Judgement by God or gods)

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The Law of the Gospel is merciful , and everyone can comply her if has good will.

Many laws of the Old Testament literally can not be fulfilled because they aren't the commandments of God. It's that simple.

The commandments of Jesus Christ can be fulfilled. Jesus Christ says:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

What God wants is the mercy

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent"
(Matthew 12: 7)

Jesus commanded to forgive seventy times seven:

"Then Peter came and said: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Till seven? Jesus said: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven."
(Matthew 18: 21-22)

Jesus speaks to the pharisees about the Law

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. One of them, a legal expert, tested him. Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands” (Matthew 22: 34-40)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions"
(Matthew 19: 16-22)

FranklinMichaelV.3

The commandments of Jesus Christ can be fulfilled. Jesus Christ says:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

What God wants is the mercy

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent"
(Matthew 12: 7)

Jesus commanded to forgive seventy times seven:

"Then Peter came and said: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Till seven? Jesus said: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven."
(Matthew 18: 21-22)

Jesus speaks to the pharisees about the Law

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. One of them, a legal expert, tested him. Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands” (Matthew 22: 34-40)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions"
(Matthew 19: 16-22)

Interestingly enough, that same question is mentioned again in Luke and John, and each time a different story for how to gain eternal life.

Matthew (Jesus tells him to give up everything) - Note that this a young man speaking to Jesus (also the time where Jesus admits that he is not worthy to be called Good)

Luke (The story of the Good Samaritan) - This time a teacher of the Law or a Lawyer depending on translations.

and then

John (The quoting of John 3:16) - This time approached by a Teacher of the Law who is given the name Nicodemus.

I find it odd that the same Question is asked 3 times, in 3 gospels (Is there a question about eternal life in Mark?), but different scenarios and one different answer is given in the three gospels.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Matthew (Jesus tells him to give up everything) - Note that this a young man speaking to Jesus (also the time where Jesus admits that he is not worthy to be called Good)

In that passage I do not see that Jesus is admitting that he is not worthy to be called good. Jesus said that only God is good, it's different. See writing:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good"

According what the scriptures tell us, Jesus Christ was God. So Jesus was good. Perhaps you do not understand well the Gospel.

Jesus says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life". These words tell us clearly that Jesus Christ is God.

FranklinMichaelV.3

In that passage I do not see that Jesus is admitting that he is not worthy to be called good. Jesus said that only God is good, it's different. See writing:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good"

According what the scriptures tell us, Jesus Christ was God. So Jesus was good. Perhaps you do not understand well the Gospel.

Jesus says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life". These words tell us clearly that Jesus Christ is God.

You realize that the scripture Paul was talking about was not the Gospels right?

Jesus said "why do you call me good? Do you not know only our father in heaven is good?" That is a recognition that he is not worthy to be called Good.

Though that was not the point of my post. It was to show how the same question "how i attain eternal life" is asked, by three separate individuals and three different stories are told of how the answer was given. Either the question was asked multiple times, or it was asked once and the gospel writers gave a story for each...which isn't congruent with a historical aspect.

Shermana

Heretic
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life". These words tell us clearly that Jesus Christ is God.

Completely false. All it means is that he is the incarnation of the Logos, the vehicle of creation, and the messenger.

CMike

I think you are wrong. Te scripture dont´t talk about the money. Te scriptpure tell so:

"And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him; Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again". (Leviticus 24: 19-20)

This law was abolished by Jesus when said this:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also..." (Matthew 5:...)

Jesus abolished many laws of the Old Testament that the Jews had. So no wonder that Jews hate Jesus Christ so much.
Whom hates who?

ANTI-SEMITISM IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

“The children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 8.12)

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold your house is left unto you desolate.” (Matthew 23.37,38) Then answered all the people (Jews) and said, “His blood be on us and on our children” (Matthew 27:25). 1 “But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you to councils, and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten” (Mark 13.9)

“He that believeth not shall be damned” (Mark 16.16)

“Ye are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And I say the truth, why do you not believe me? He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8.43-47)

“Stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so you do. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers” (Acts 7.51-53)

“It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing you put it from you and judge yourself unworthy of everlasting life, we turn to the Gentiles” (Acts 13.45-51)
“For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake ... wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.” (Titus 1.10-14).

“The Jews, who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God and are contrary to all men: forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.” (l Thessalonians 2.14-16)

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is an antichrist, that denieth the father and the son. Whoever denieth the son, the same hath not the father” (l John 2.22,23)
“I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan ...” (Revelation 2.9,10)

“Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews and are not but do lie; behold I will make them to come and worship before thy feet...” (Revelation 3.9)

CMike

Then, yourself acknowledge that the Old Testament laws do not currently apply. Then, if aren't applicable, are not God's laws, because the laws of God are all applicable, are all merciful, and are a comfortable yoke and a light burden. So Jesus says :

"Come to me , all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart , and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"(Matthew 11:28-30)

You have to admit you're confused and that the only true law of God is only one: The Law of the Gospel.

G-D told the jews that all the laws in the Torah can be done by the jews. None of them are out of reach.

There is a lot of hate in the fictitious christian bible.

Sleeppy

G-D told the jews that all the laws in the Torah can be done by the jews. None of them are out of reach.

There is a lot of hate in the fictitious christian bible.

None of them are out of reach. But then, if we consider the effects of these laws and their efficiency to be upheld, what do we have?

We have a Torah explaining the numerous evils the Israelites have suffered, and continue to suffer, in spite of it.