• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets in Islam.

I try to be reticent, when I discuss religion, because I don't see myself as a scholar, of religion even in Hinduism. By scholar, I intimate, a student. It seems, religion is scholarly, because one learns about history, also.
It seems, that all the prophets in Islam, also belong to the faiths that were followed by Abraham, and after him, those who saw him as a patriarch of his faith. It seems, that all the prophets, are equally true, and they were reiterating the same message at different times. It seems, that to the Muslim, the earlier prophets were following what is apparent in the teachings of Islam, but they weren't apparent or noticed as vividly, but in the last Prophet, who is Mohammad. It seems apparent, but one can have self query, as to the reason why Mohammad wanted an unmarked grave, because no prophet has been known to be buried, who belongs to the faith of Abraham, or cremated, in a place known, even after they died in body. This seems to be all, that I need to know on the topic and subject of the concerned religions, as seen by Islam, that religion also being a part.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I try to be reticent, when I discuss religion, because I don't see myself as a scholar, of religion even in Hinduism. By scholar, I intimate, a student. It seems, religion is scholarly, because one learns about history, also.
It seems, that all the prophets in Islam, also belong to the faiths that were followed by Abraham, and after him, those who saw him as a patriarch of his faith. It seems, that all the prophets, are equally true, and they were reiterating the same message at different times. It seems, that to the Muslim, the earlier prophets were following what is apparent in the teachings of Islam, but they weren't apparent or noticed as vividly, but in the last Prophet, who is Mohammad. It seems apparent, but one can have self query, as to the reason why Mohammad wanted an unmarked grave, because no prophet has been known to be buried, who belongs to the faith of Abraham, or cremated, in a place known, even after they died in body. This seems to be all, that I need to know on the topic and subject of the concerned religions, as seen by Islam, that religion also being a part.

Wildly incorrect. Muslims believe all other religions are corruptions of the one true religion Islam and that all other prophets of other religions preached Islam in the way it is taught now then the locals corrupted the message.
Islam as practiced by the majority is not a Universalist religion

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Following points may please be noted in this connection:

1. It is not true that in Islam prophets of only from the lineage of Abraham are considered as truthful. Islam is not racial; the name “Islam” is generic and belongs to all the religions of the world.
2. If Muhammad wanted an unmarked grave; it is for the reason that people should not worship him after death; people should worship the one true God only.
3. There are prophets who were buried in graves; Bible mentions it that Moses was buried in a grave that was known by the people.
4. Jesus is buried at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar, Kashmir, India. One may visit the grave of Jesus if one likes to.

Thanks

BruceDLimber

Indeed!

And in fact, Abhraham's descendents, through His three wives, founded fully five faiths:

• Jewish
  • Christian
  • Islamic
  • Babi
  • Baha'i.
And the common problem Abrahamic faiths tend to have--most of them, anyway--is a propensity for rejecting any God-sent Divine Messenger appearing later on!

Peace, :)

Bruce

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates are also truthful Prophets Messenger of the one true God; they received revelation and guidance from Him. Belief in all the truthful prophets messenger is a cardinal belief of Quran/Islam; denial of even one of them intentionally tantamount to denial of all of them.

[2:286] This Messenger of Ours believes in that which has been revealed to him from his Lord, and so do the believers: all of them believe in Allah, and in His angels, and in His Books, and in His Messengers, saying, ‘We make no distinction between any of His Messengers;’ and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. We implore Thy forgiveness, O our Lord, and to Thee is the returning.’

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Philomath

Sadhaka
Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates are also truthful Prophets Messenger of the one true God

I've always wondered how people have drawn this conclusion when things like the Bhagavad Gita make it clear that he's god.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry.

Jesus never claimed to be a god or son of god; he was a Jew and like other Jews he believed in the one true God.

Yet Paul and Church made Jesus a god and son of god.

Of course others could differ with me.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Following points may please be noted in this connection:

1. It is not true that in Islam prophets of only from the lineage of Abraham are considered as truthful. Islam is not racial; the name “Islam” is generic and belongs to all the religions of the world.
2. If Muhammad wanted an unmarked grave; it is for the reason that people should not worship him after death; people should worship the one true God only.
3. There are prophets who were buried in graves; Bible mentions it that Moses was buried in a grave that was known by the people.
4. Jesus is buried at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar, Kashmir, India. One may visit the grave of Jesus if one likes to.

Thanks

What religion are yyou?

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I've always wondered how people have drawn this conclusion when things like the Bhagavad Gita make it clear that he's god.

Apart from the evidence of the Quran, there is one reference which is controversial among the commentators. There is a tradition reported from the Holy Prophet (sa) which speaks of an Indian prophet by name. In his words:

arabic-studyofislam04.gif

There was a prophet of God in India who was dark in colour and his name was Kahan.1

Now anyone acquainted with the history of Indian religions would immediately connect this description to Lord Krishna, who is invariably described in the Hindu literature as being dark of complexion. Also, the title Kanhaya is added to his name Krishna. Kanhaya contains the same consonants K,N,H as does the name Kahan -- in no way an insignificant similarity. But whether any non-Arab prophet was mentioned by name or not is only an academic discussion. There is no denying the fact that the Holy Quran makes it incumbent on every Muslim not only to believe in all the prophets, but it also clearly informs us that in every region of the world and in every age, God did raise messengers and prophets. An Elementary Study of Islam by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad

Also an interesting read: Hinduism from Islam Ahmadiyya perspective.

F0uad

I should ask the OP about what Islam are you talking? As you can see there are many sects and non-muslims speaking on the behalf of Islam. The majority (Sunni's) have a different view then the ones given above.

Philomath

Sadhaka
Also an interesting read: Hinduism from Islam Ahmadiyya perspective.

I read through that website and this particular quote stood out

Enough evidence can be presented from the Mahabharat and Bhagavad Gita that Krishna never claimed Godhead for himself, nor did he ever claim immortality. Krishnaas can easily be identified as just another prophet of God,
That is false.

“It should be understood that all species of life, o son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed giving father” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 14.4)

“I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.17)

“The whole cosmic order is under me. By my will it is manifested again and again, and by my will it is annihilated at the end” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)

“Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.6)

“I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)

“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think in the present era the world has become a village; so the regional concepts of religion should be seen in this scenario.

Humans in the world have one head, two arms, two legs, tow eyes and two ears etc; the same all over the world; the colour could be different but the spirit/soul and characteristics are the same for a normal human beings. We have the same problems; the same aspiration; the same desires; the same future.

Form regional we have to thing in universal terms (I don't use the word worldly, as it is used in other sense).

Humanity had the same weaknesses; we can learn from the thoughts of other nations; from their examples, visions, metaphors, hieroglyphics etc.

And there is no harm in it.