• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Character (FULFILLMENT OF PROMISES)

Ahmadso

Hi, How are you friends ? I will put articles about the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Character,And now I will put about his FULFILLMENT OF PROMISES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FULFILLMENT OF PROMISES
Safwan bin Umayya was a deadly enemy of Islam. When Makkah was conquered, he ran away to Jeddah with the intention of going to Yemen. Umir ibn Wahab came to the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) and told him about Safwan. The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) gave him his turban and said, "This is a sign of the guarantee of his safety."

Umir went to Safwan with the turban and told him that he had no cause to run away for his safety had been guaranteed. When be came to see the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him), he said, "Have you given me amnesty?" The Prophet said, "Yes, it is true."

Abu Rafey, a slave, once came to Medinah as an ambassador of the Quraysh. When he saw the Prophet (peace be upon him), the truth of Islam dawned on him and he said, "O Messenger of Allah! I shall never go back to the unbelievers."

The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "I can neither breach the contract, nor keep the ambassadors with me. If you feel the same way when you go there, you can come back." He went back and embraced Islam.

In the treaty of Hudaibiyah, one of the conditions was that if any Muslim went to Medinah from Makkah, he would be returned on demand. When the Treaty was being written, Abu Jandal escaped from the prison of the Makkans in chains. All the Muslims were shocked to see him in this condition, but the Noble Prophetsaid to him, "O Abu Jandal! Be patient, we cannot break the promise. Allah will very soon find a way for you."

He was returned to the people of Makkah. Two companions of the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him), Hazifa bin al-Yaman and Abu Husail, while coming from Makkah, were caught by the unbelievers. The Makkans insisted that they should not go to Muhammed (peace be upon him) but the two companions refused. At last they were released on the condition that they would not participate in the battle (of Badr) on behalf of the Muslims. They came to the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) and told him the whole story. It was a severe test of their truthfulness. The Muslims were very few and needed more men to fight against the unbelievers. The addition of two men would have made a lot of difference to them, but the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Both of you must go back; we will keep the promise under all circumstances. We need only the help of Allah."

Muhammed (peace be upon him) always kept his promises and contracts at all costs, even with his enemies, and never broke his word. He preached the Qur'aan and practiced what he taught to other people in obedience to the Commandment of Allah

Abdullah ibn Abdul Hamsa reported that he bought something from Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) before he received his Prophetic commission, and as there was something still due to Muhammed, he promised that he would bring it to his place. But Hamsa forgot about it and remembered three days later. He went to that place and found Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) there waiting for him. Muhammed said, "You have caused me great trouble and inconvenience. I have been here three days waiting for you."

Abdullah ibn Amir reported that his mother called him one day when Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) was sitting in their house, saying, "Come here and I shall give you something." Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) asked her what she intended to give him. She replied that she intended to give him some dates. He said, "If you were not to give him anything, a lie would have been recorded against you."

Abu Juhaifa said, I saw Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as a fair-skinned man who had become gray-haired. Al-Hasan ibn Ali resembled him. He ordered that thirteen young she-camels should be given to us and we went to receive them, but news of his death reached us before they had been given to us. Then when Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) became Caliph, he said, "If anyone has received a promise from Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him), let him come." So I got up, went to him and told him of the promise and he ordered that the camels should be given to me."