• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Prophecy of Jesus Christ

Silver

Just maybe
If the first books of the Bible prophecise Jesus Christ, then why doesn't Koran believe Jesus Christ to be son of God?:run:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
If the first books of the Bible prophecise Jesus Christ, then why doesn't Koran believe Jesus Christ to be son of God?:run:
Which first books of the Bible? and what does the Qur'an, the holy book of ISLAM, has to do with it?

Silver

Just maybe
Which first books of the Bible? and what does the Qur'an, the holy book of ISLAM, has to do with it?

I've heard the Old Testamant prophecises the coming of Jesus Christ, while the New Testament speaks of the 'present' Jesus Christ. I've also heard that Muslims regard the first books of the Old Testament as from God - Afterall Muslims are descended from Abraham.

So if the first so many books common to both Christianity and Islam prophecise in the coming of the Son Of God, then why don't muslims regard Jesus as the son of God?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I've heard the Old Testamant prophecises the coming of Jesus Christ
That's according to Christians. there are people who see these prophecies in the context of the OT alone.
while the New Testament speaks of the 'present' Jesus Christ. I've also heard that Muslims regard the first books of the Old Testament as from God - Afterall Muslims are descended from Abraham.
First of all. a small lesson in demographics. Arabs who could poetically be said to originate with Abraham, Haggar, and Ishmael are only a small minority of the overall Muslim population today. but lets assume that we are living in the 7th century when most Muslims were Arabs. the Muslims also believe that the previous versions of scripture (OT and NT) have been corrupted, and the Qur'an criticises the Christians for treating Jesus as God.
So if the first so many books common to both Christianity and Islam prophecise in the coming of the Son Of God, then why don't muslims regard Jesus as the son of God?
these books are not common to Christianity and Islam. most Muslims read only the Qur'an, and do not treat the Hebrew Bible or the Christian Bible as part of their scriptures.
the Jews treat the Hebrew Bible as scriptures, but not the New Testament, the Biblical prophecies to them have nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth.
so what you are left with is that only Christians attribute some Biblical prophecies (OT material) to Jesus.

I think you need a crush course for the three Abrahamic religions.

InvestigateTruth

Quran also confirms Jesus as the true Messiah, who was promised to Jews according to the Old Testimony. Old testimony does not describe the Messiah, explicitly as someone who will be the Son of God.

Quran also confirms that Jesus didn't have a human father.
But Quran does not confirm God having a "physical" son. The only difference is between what Christians understand regarding the meaning of the Son of God. Quran does not confirm that God is a "physical" father of Jesus, while, many Christians believe that Jesus is a physical son of God.

I've heard the Old Testamant prophecises the coming of Jesus Christ, while the New Testament speaks of the 'present' Jesus Christ. I've also heard that Muslims regard the first books of the Old Testament as from God - Afterall Muslims are descended from Abraham.

I think the Old Testament has prophecies about the Messiah but not as a "begotten son of God" or a divine person in any way. Almost positive..

And Jesus (peace be upon him) himself never says in the New Testament "I am God" or "worship me" ;)

F0uad

Saying Jesus(p) is ''The son of god'' is blaspheming in Islam.

If you say that Jesus(p) is a spiritual son of God we can accept, but then we have also need to give Adam(p) that title.

God has sons by the tons according to the bible.. so i don't see how Jesus(p) can be called special by calling him ''a son of god'' while there are so many.

We also belief that Jesus(p) is prophesied by previous messengers and that Mohammed(saws) is also prophesied by previous messengers. The Muslim believers are the only one that do not reject prophecies about other prophets yet the jews and Christians discard them.

Marco19

Researcher

because the holders of the "first book" can't see Jesus as son of G-d.
so how do you blame another book, another nation while the origin nation of that "first book" do not.

Omario

Moses prophecised the coming of Jesus (a Prophet) in the OT. Christians believe Jesus was the prophecised figure - and Muslims agree. Jews are still waiting for the one who Moses prophecised, that's where Judaism differs from Christianity over who Jesus is.

Christians believe Jesus divine, that he is the begotten son of God and is part of a triune God, who was prophecised in the OT. Muslims believe Jesus was prophecised, but we deny him as a God, and call him a human Prophet and The Messiah.

Muslims believe that Jesus never claimed to be the creator of all, and never asked anyone to worship him. The Quran provides it's own account of the life and role of Jesus, who is spoken of more than Muhammad in the Quran. Muslims choose to follow the Quranic account of Jesus, as Muslims believe the Quran is the complete and preserved guidance.