• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The promote your religion thread

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I wold like for you guys to all promote your religion, theism or lack of theism. Tell everybody why you think others should consider your religion. What does it have to offer that other religions don't have? If you have no religion why do you think your path is better?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Before things get started I'd like to remind everyone of Rule 8- just be careful when answering the OP that you do not proselytise.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Hinduism - Where the paths to God (or simply your Dharma) are many and most don't care what you do (or don't) believe in. Actions speak louder than beliefs.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Before things get started I'd like to remind everyone of Rule 8- just be careful when answering the OP that you do not proselytise.
That was my first thought when Sha'irullah said, "promote your religion." Are seeing and making a distinction here? If so, what is it?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That was my first thought when Sha'irullah said, "promote your religion." Are seeing and making a distinction here? If so, what is it?

Breaking rule 8 would be to state that one's religion is the best and that others should follow it. Following rule 8 would be to state that such and such is the reason why -you- think it's the best.
Starry's response is an example of how to answer without breaking the rule.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

I sort of stated it wrong but it is my mistake.

I am essentially just asking for the merits of your religion. Personal things essentially not statements like "my religion is the truth". For example:

"Atheism has very great people in it without being a religion. My favorite is Daniel Dennets".

Something like that. Daniel Dennets is cool though :slap:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Hinduism - for freedom of personal belief. I am an atheist Hindu.

I am very interested in Atheistic Hinduism. Are you a symbolic theist and merely treat the devas and devis as symbolic figures?
Do meditate? Do you go "Kali Ma" and rip people's hearts out? Do you do atheistic pujas?

One of my questions was a joke by the way, very hard to tell but I am not sure which one :D

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Let me promote my religion Satanism:
A philosophy of religion or non-theistic religion which is not a religion. Satanism is a paradox at its very core and is founded upon paradoxes. I would like to call myself a Luciferian but frankly I just do not care anymore about labels.
Satanism unlike other religions has no structure nor organization and is mostly non-theistic. It incorporates ritualism and mythology but does so only in a symbolic way primarily.

A key bonus for Satanism is that it is the only religion where you are your own god and your judge.
Something to think about :D

I do have many Dharmic, Deistic, and Islamic/Sufi influences but Satanism sums up who I am fairly nicely.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Hmmm...you are real, self is real, this individual actually matters...you can be true and honest to this individual self if you dare.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am very interested in Atheistic Hinduism. Are you a symbolic theist and merely treat the devas and devis as symbolic figures?
Do meditate? Do you go "Kali Ma" and rip people's hearts out? Do you do atheistic pujas?
I had a good laugh, since now I know you a little better now than just a name. Devas and Devis are the stories that my people made to illustrate their ethics and morals. I did meditate, and got my answers very quickly. I do not need to meditate now. People in North India do not eat heart, normally it is fore (dasti) and hind (puttha) parts of goats or ribs (champ), a good lean meat. Now, what is an atheistic puja?
A key bonus for Satanism is that it is the only religion where you are your own god and your judge.
In theistic 'advaita' also, you are your own God Almighty.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I suppose if I were to speak to my path specifically, if you want a religion whose core centers on the Four Elements and a knowledge of them that's actually grounded in the natural philosophy of antiquity, you'll find it here and probably nowhere else. I know of maybe a couple of others who have done similar primary source readings that I have (I was inspired by one of them... long story short), but none who have developed that into a central axis for a path of contemporary Paganism.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I had a good laugh, since now I know you a little better now than just a name. Devas and Devis are the stories that my people made to illustrate their ethics and morals. I did meditate, and got my answers very quickly. I do not need to meditate now. People in North India do not eat heart, normally it is fore (dasti) and hind (puttha) parts of goats or ribs (champ), a good lean meat. Now, what is an atheistic puja?In theistic 'advaita' also, you are your own God Almighty.

Satanism is identical since Satanists practice auto-theism :D sweet

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Knowledge is the most powerful tool we can use in our personal lives and to affect to world around us. Understanding how things are and how they work gives one a great advantage over the more ignorant and fideistic humans.