• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Problem With Christian Privilege In The U.S. Government

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
To move outside of those things, to be more rational.

Yet you unquestioningly think there is some sort of equivalence to be found here. There isn't. Sometimes the rational approach is to admit that one side is right, and the other is wrong. Accommodation or relativism isn't always the rational approach.

You rated half of Shadow's posts "winner" and "love", so you are obviously enraged from whatever her side of the debate is.

Or I could simply have a strong stance that I believe in, and do not get emotionally worked up about posts on an internet forum? :rolleyes:

Have you ever considered treating the other side as human and not a boogie man?

I don't view them as a boogie man; not sure where you're getting that from other than projection.

because that is what you both do to each other.

Sorry but it's not. America's Christian Right portrays religious minorities & sexual minorities as deviants undeserving of rights or basic protections. Their objections are founded purely on religious dogma and stereotypes and have no rational basis.

Literally all we're doing is pointing out what they do - i.e. they want legal exemptions so they can fire/evict LGBTs, deny them basic services etc and saying 'that is wrong. You shouldn't be able to use your faith to discriminate against us via the law. That's not what it's there for.' Our concerns are rational in that our position is based on letting people live their lives free of having others' beliefs forced on them.

@Shadow Wolf has described her own experiences in this regard yet you still think she's being irrational; as if first-hand experience equates to boogie-manning someone :rolleyes:

I'd love to see some great reasons that aren't emotional biases or antagonizing rhetoric, to side with either you or your enemies but I never will because there aren't.

Considering you've come into this discussion with the notion that posters so far are only being emotional or antagonistic - and that you're reading our posts in that tone, I wish you luck in finding something that contradicts your pre-conceived notions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
@Shadow Wolf has described her own experiences in this regard yet you still think she's being irrational; as if first-hand experience equates to boogie-manning someone :rolleyes:
I guess having to deal with people tell me they dont want me as a coworker, they dont want me on an appropriate treatment, and those who told me to "get the **** out" of Indiana, I guess me saying no more and announcing their crap really stinks is really the same. Mike Pence vs. Comic Con and NCAA, they were really just opposing viewpoints, nothing more, and both just as equally bad even though one wanted health care providers to be able to turn away clients while the other two said "do it and lose our money." All the same.:confused: