• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The problem with arguing politics here...

Wirey

Fartist
Is labels. I've noticed that:

Rev. Rick is a filthy neo-con Rush Limbaugh wannabe, who happens to approve of gay marriage.

Revoltingest is a gun toting righty anti-tax nut who stands up for personal freedom whenever it is the right thing to do.

Yours truly is a lefty tax-and-spend liberal who owns guns and thinks it should be mandatory with home ownership. Plus, I think welfare should beissued by a committee of local citizens based on a review process.

Alceste is a liberal whackjob who happened to vote for Stephen Harper repeatedly (that oughtta get me killed)

We all pigeon-hole each other, but really, have you guys noticed how miniscule most of our differences really are? I remmeber a post where Revoltingest took a side, and eventually had to say "You're forcing me to defend a position I disagree with."

When I read these threads, i think we're all closer than we imagine from a political philosophy point of view, with the exception of the complete loons (Obama's birth certificate, Bush blew up the towers, the Red Sox aren't run by Satan, etc.). So, in the interest of harmony, I'd like to suggest the following:

1) Think about everything the person wrote before you reply, not just the sentence or two that tied your undies in a bunch.

2) Don't assume 'left' or 'right' until you've seen everything the person has

3) We Canadians are never wrong. If you think we are, it's because you lack our sophistication and flair. You'll notice I'm wearing my formal toque and mukluks.

Or, you know, scream yourself stupid.