• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Presidential election France.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Deepest apologies.Your post preceded mine my 10 minutes.I would not have posted mine had I had seen yours .Just minutes apart.Anyway Le Pens antipathy goes back to " Pere" Le Pen.France colonized Algeria over a century ago.In the 60's Algeria asked for independence.France did a polite "Non".Flattering for Algeria the French wanted to hang on to it.Algerian dissidents were tortured and killed.Le Pen's Father was in the paratroop brigade that kept "order" in Algeria.The Algerian liberation movement responded in kind.Brutality invites brutality.The French occupied up to 10% of the population of Algeria.However many Algerians were proud to be French.Although Muslim they integrated well with the Christian population.Years later Algerians did a reverse emigration to France.However some ended with poor housing and the meanest of jobs.The lot of immigrants world wide.Some of the younger generation did not have their elders patience and did not understand why they were denied the good life.General De Gaulle did not help.Which is why the OSS as in Day of the Jackal mounted a nearly successful assassination attempt on his Citroen DS. There was a ugly incident where scared Paris Police callously shot innocent protesting Algerians.The BBC have a excellent podcast which is my source and detailed on my post -10 mins after yours.

I did reply to your post,I remember Le Pens father,his political poster reminded me of Hiltlers “ein volk ein furer” poster,his daughter is now softening her image but I really hope the french realise what she really stands for.

Btw no apologies needed,happens on the RF sometimes.