• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the present moment

DanielR

No. Without thought, there is no present moment. Without thought, there is nothing.

Non--dual is only conceptual. In reality, there is always a seer and the seen.

Samsara is Nirvana, Nirvana is Samsara?

THis too reminds me a bit of Nietzsche, he didn't believe in a metaphysical realm beyond this reality but wouldn't something like Eternal Recurrence be a fact then?? You know this universe is IT.

Eternal Return is the closest approximation of a world of becoming to a world of being?

Sorry for going a little bit off topic, I hope you understand what I mean :).

shivsomashekhar

Samsara is Nirvana, Nirvana is Samsara?

Nirvana is supposed to be the exit from Samsara. I say, Samsara is all there is and therefore, there is no such thing as Nirvana. But my statements (and also everyone else's) mean nothing. You have to see this for yourself. If you can take a step back and re-examine your assumptions, you can see this very easily. But taking that one backward step is next to impossible - especially when you are relying on the words of other people.

Eternal Return is the closest approximation of a world of becoming to a world of being?

To be honest, I cannot relate to Nietzsche's ideas. I am not in agreement with his concept of Eternal Return.

DanielR

Nirvana is supposed to be the exit from Samsara. I say, Samsara is all there is and therefore, there is no such thing as Nirvana. But my statements (and also everyone else's) mean nothing. You have to see this for yourself. If you can take a step back and re-examine your assumptions, you can see this very easily. But taking that one backward step is next to impossible - especially when you are relying on the words of other people.

To be honest, I cannot relate to Nietzsche's ideas. I am not in agreement with his concept of Eternal Return.

Thank you :)

DanielR

I hope I'll understand it someday :( I've been wandering on and off to different places (philosophies etc) but I just don't 'get' it ...

Anyways thanks for taking your time to reply!!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I hope I'll understand it someday :( I've been wandering on and off to different places (philosophies etc) but I just don't 'get' it ...
There are three answer 1. Believe, 2. Not believe or 3. Remain non-committal. For me, I do not believe. Take your choice. :D