• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of Words To Rule Us.

Ellen Brown

It is after midnight and if I were being rational I would go to bed. Yet here I sit, reading a powerful story about an orphaned boy who does Ballet and plays the Violin, listening to Riverdance, and feeling the pain of past grievous errors in my life. Perhaps it is being egocentric to wallow in our pain and regret?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I grant it's egocentric for anyone to wallow in pain in regret. In my experience, it is also unnecessary and self-injuring. BUT you aren't exactly hurting anyone but yourself. Not my cup of tea, but why not indulge yourself now and then if you feel like it?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well sure. But if you have a healthy recovery method, the occasional indulgence probably won’t hurt, so to speak.

leov

It is after midnight and if I were being rational I would go to bed. Yet here I sit, reading a powerful story about an orphaned boy who does Ballet and plays the Violin, listening to Riverdance, and feeling the pain of past grievous errors in my life. Perhaps it is being egocentric to wallow in our pain and regret?
I think, it has to be this way