• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of Now

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Much of the bible's sayings have been interpreted brilliantly in the light of present-moment awareness by Eckhart Tolle. I found that very interesting.

Yes - he says the "teaching" comes in many forms & many religions but the essence is the same.

Enjoy the quotes!

Namaste

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"To be conscious of Being, you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks on your spiritual journey."

ajay0

Anyone out-there read this book?

I have read it a few times and found it quite helpful 2 say the least!

"Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don’t realise this because almost everybody else is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessant mental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from being."

Plugging that into Google leads us here -

You Are Not Your Mind > Eckhart Tolle

All the best!

Tolle's teaching of present moment awareness is pretty much there in all religions. He has only given a renewed emphasis to it again and this has helped to highlight these teachings again in the different religious traditions of the world.

In the Bible, Jesus emphasizes present moment awareness with this teaching of his....

Be not therefore anxious for the morrow: for the morrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Here is a great article by a Christian theologian in this regard...

SLPCCC

I'm currently reading this book and find it very enlightening. I'm recommending it to some of my family members to read who keep thinking about their past. He is so on point with what he teaches about being in the Now. I love it when he quotes spiritual leaders of the past. He is not a theologian so I excuse him when he quotes Jesus from the book of Thomas. Great book!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I'm currently reading this book and find it very enlightening. I'm recommending it to some of my family members to read who keep thinking about their past. He is so on point with what he teaches about being in the Now. I love it when he quotes spiritual leaders of the past. He is not a theologian so I excuse him when he quotes Jesus from the book of Thomas. Great book!

Hey there!

I am glad you are benefiting from the book - I used to have a HUGE ego problem but I am gradually getting on top of things.

For anyone who wants a further taste of the book - click here -

TOP 25 QUOTES BY ECKHART TOLLE (of 1141) | A-Z Quotes

Wishing you all the very best!

Ciao.