• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of Makeup

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

All them there Tik Tok girls... :eek:

What's important is the person on the inside. Unfortunate that often we never get past one's physical appearance to get to know that person.

My son, however sees it as false advertising.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I would like to see more women use a lot less makeup or none at all, there are plenty of examples of naturally beautiful women that look worse with tons of makeup.

Jedster

I would like to see more women use a lot less makeup or none at all, there are plenty of examples of naturally beautiful women that look worse with tons of makeup.
I agree and this applies to anyone imo...even non-women. Natural beauty is beautiful, even for those labelled 'ugly' by some.
I am also of the opinion that those people who wear contact lenses and are not comfortable with them(ie they wear them for appearances) should cease.

Heyo

Veteran Member
That's a rather disturbing, insulting and threatening way of seeing makeup.
It assumes that the person wearing the makeup is, in fact, advertising.
And even if they are, it can be that they are advertising their mastery of the art of makeup.
Having said that, makeup and perfume are things that turn me off immediately. I get an instant vibe of "fake". Someone wearing makeup would have to work against that first impression - possibly the exact opposite of what they were intending.