• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Power of Creation

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I have heard many things. I learned that I can draw inspiration from any and all tales, and that I can take responsibility for how I incorporate those tales into my way of life.

For the most part, I'm not a fan of "creator" gods because I heard stories that do not draw some stark line between "creator" and "creation." Instead they tell a story of how everything is interconnected and everything co-creates. I like those stories best because they reflect things I learned studying the sciences.

Earthling

David Henson
I like the phrase: "..In our image."
Maybe the angels helped ?

Well, definitely. At least one angel did. Michael. If you are familiar with the Bible you know that Jesus existed in heaven in spirit form before he came to earth as the man Jesus. It says that Michael, that is the pre-human form of Jesus, was created first, before anything else, and he then became Jehovah's master worker, creating, in order, heaven, the angels, the earth and everything in it.

All things were created through, by, for Jesus AKA Michael. And his favorite part of creation was Earthling man.

Earthling

David Henson
In Orthodox Christianity the One creator is a Trinity. It is a sufficient number.

The question then becomes, where did Orthodox Christianity get that teaching? From the Bible or from somewhere else? Somewhere else is the answer.

Earthling

David Henson
The Holy Trinity isn't said exactly in the Bible. It is an understanding than a statement.

No, it isn't said, it isn't hinted at, the early Jews and Christians didn't teach or believe it, it was adopted much later. The stamp of approval was from various councils such as in Nice, but it wasn't an original teaching.

Reactions: syo

Thief

Rogue Theologian
stepping back just a little......

in the scheme of hierarchy......One will overshadows all others

Almighty

but does that imply only ONE has the power of creation?

Earthling

David Henson
stepping back just a little......

in the scheme of hierarchy......One will overshadows all others

Almighty

but does that imply only ONE has the power of creation?

Not sure where you are going with this. You are being somewhat cryptic.

Michael (Jesus) was Jehovah's master worker in creation, but he couldn't of done it without Jehovah.

However, being creative is a part of mankind's being created in Jehovah's image or likeness.

So that sort of applies to us as well as Jesus, in that we can't create to the extent that our creator creates, but we have that creative need or ability as part of us.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Not sure where you are going with this. You are being somewhat cryptic.

Michael (Jesus) was Jehovah's master worker in creation, but he couldn't of done it without Jehovah.

However, being creative is a part of mankind's being created in Jehovah's image or likeness.

So that sort of applies to us as well as Jesus, in that we can't create to the extent that our creator creates, but we have that creative need or ability as part of us.
ok.....God creates
Man....manipulates

we lack the power to say......Let it be so

(or Let there be....(noun)

Last edited:

Earthling

David Henson
I did a proof read and an edit

OK, from we like the power to we lack the power.

I think both are true, though, to a certain extent. We don't completely lack the power, we are just limited compared to our creator. We can't create universes. At least not at this point.