• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The popular vote this will be hell

Riders

If the majority of us don't accept Trump and I do believe the popular vote went to Hillary there are things that can be done, if we don't accept Trump. Court cases by the women who are sueing for sexual assault, people who try to get him impeached, and FBI investigating him fro fraud and child rape.

On another thread here someone said, if Hillary got in Trump would make sure the FBi could tie he rup in her time so she couldn't get her job done.

We can do the same thing.. If republicans and democrats don't want him to pass any bills they can make it hard on him too.

This country those of us who don't accept him as president who can protest can distract him. We can distract the law and raise hell and I think we will. I think this is gonna be hell and high water the next 4 years. SO just because hes president doesn't mean things cant be done to keep him from doing his job.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I would encourage an open mind for a bit to see what exactly happens. There is a lot of speculation and quite a bit that is not yet known. That is the scary part, for sure. But, I encourage you to stay positive and remember the sky is not (yet) falling. If you want to protest, do it! But do so peacefully. If you want to write to your local representatives, DO IT! But be respectful, thoughtful and productive. Get involved in a way that makes sense and encourages progress. :)

Riders

I agree with both of those. Thankyou. I wont have to do anything, I think there are those angry enough that can .

The last time the president lost the popular vote and won the electoral was Bush, we had 911 disaster and went to war.

If the majority of us don't accept Trump and I do believe the popular vote went to Hillary there are things that can be done, if we don't accept Trump. Court cases by the women who are sueing for sexual assault, people who try to get him impeached, and FBI investigating him fro fraud and child rape.

On another thread here someone said, if Hillary got in Trump would make sure the FBi could tie he rup in her time so she couldn't get her job done.

We can do the same thing.. If republicans and democrats don't want him to pass any bills they can make it hard on him too.

This country those of us who don't accept him as president who can protest can distract him. We can distract the law and raise hell and I think we will. I think this is gonna be hell and high water the next 4 years. SO just because hes president doesn't mean things cant be done to keep him from doing his job.
Just give it up already.

You lost.

Quetzal

Premium Member
The last time the president lost the popular vote and won the electoral was Bush, we had 911 disaster and went to war.
Hmm, it is worth mentioning that this isn't a fair statement against Bush (never thought I would say that). He wasn't the root cause of 9/11 after all.

@Riders
SO just because hes president doesn't mean things cant be done to keep him from doing his job.

That is a very constructive attitude. You are truly a spokesperson for today's liberals.

One of the above statements is sarcastic, the other made in earnest. Can you tell which is which?

Riders

Actually your net getting hat I'm saying. I'm not saying we can do this as a way to get back. I'm saying its going to happen no matter what.

With Bus it happened, I did hear this as predicted on CNN, they said if Trump wins the house and senate;
If they don't like him or work with him they can keep him tied up from pushing any bills through. I also heard the court cases and FBI will be tieing him up. I'm not having an attitude Im stating it as fact.

A lot of republicans rejected him how easy do you think it will be to work with him. If you think I'm stupid then don't complain about those who are protesting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree with both of those. Thankyou. I wont have to do anything, I think there are those angry enough that can .

The stage was set for 9/11 long before Bush.
He had only recently assumed office before the attack, which was in the making
during & even before Bill Clinton's 2 terms.
But Bush & Congress (including Hillary) bear responsibility for sending us to war.
If one simply blames Bush for everything, one will make the mistake of electing
the same perpetrators of what one decries.

The popular vote is not how we select presidents.
Protesters' public tantrums won't change the result.
If they really want change, they should start campaigning for a constitutional amendment.
(But that's not as satisfying as marching, chanting, & vandalizing.)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That's right we lost. I already said I gave up. Doesn't matter, doesn't mean this wont be hell and hey he can still be impeached. We can keep him from doing his job just like he threatened to do with Hillary.
Actually, for the next two years there is very little anyone can do to stop him as he controls the Senate and the House. If you will want to make change begin community organizing on a grassroots level to get rid of incumbent dinosaur Democrats and elect fresh new faces that are closer to your expectations than those who are already fossilized into the system.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Don't let the trolls deter you. Drumpf is overly sensitive to criticisms. Hell, we might induce a panic attack in the man if we orchestrate this well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, for the next two years there is very little anyone can do to stop him as he controls the Senate and the House. If you will want to make change begin community organizing on a grassroots level to get rid of incumbent dinosaur Democrats and elect fresh new faces that are closer to your expectations than those who are already fossilized into the system.
They nominally of the same party.
But deep divisions were seen during the campaign.
This is good.
His nastier visions will be tempered.

Quetzal

Premium Member
They nominally of the same party.
But deep divisions were seen during the campaign.
This is good.
His nastier visions will be tempered.
Right, this is why I am not ready to claim that the sky is falling. I am also optimistic after his speech a few nights ago. I am hopeful that rhetoric is a sign that he is moving a bit away from the ledge.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right, this is why I am not ready to claim that the sky is falling. I am also optimistic after his speech a few nights ago. I am hopeful that rhetoric is a sign that he is moving a bit away from the ledge.
Aye, people should always be careful to not mistake campaign rhetoric for the reality to follow.

Riders

Unless the FBI keeps him busy and he stays busy with court cases being filed against him.