• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pope is the Antichrist!!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes there are many in Christianity that are being taught the great whore, Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots as being the Roman Catholic Church.

Which is not True.

If a person would trace back to Babylon , They would find that Babylon first got it's name back at the tower of Babel during Nimrod's day.

So the question would be, How exactly did the Roman Catholic Church get to be back at the time of Nimrod ?
And then from there to the time of Daniel the Prophet's day?

Very interesting ?

But yet people will say, the Roman Catholic Church came by the disciples ?

Again Very Interesting ?

If you were to look at the colors that the Roman Catholic Church has and the colors given in the book of Revelation 17:4,
A person could very well come to believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the Mother of Harlots.

But then Christ Jesus foretold in the book of John 7:24--"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

Therefore just because the Roman Catholic Church holds the same appearance in colors as does The Mother of Harlots has, does not constitute the Roman Catholic Church has being the Mother of Harlots.

But alot of Christians will say, You can not judge, But yet they themselves think nothing of it to Judge another?

I believe going by colors and nothing else would be much too selective a view. It is a New Babylon and not the old one. The old one went out of existence. However I can tell you which city rules the world: NYC because it has the United Nations. Not only that but it is a Babylon due to the multitude of languages spoken there.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You got that Right, That's because those people have no clue about the book of Revelation.
The Antichrist is not the Pope Nor the beast in Revelation.

I believe when you examine the symbolism you will find the beast is the Arabic Confederation and the Harlot is Israel.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The religion that came out of Rome was not the religion Jesus began. None of her branches fixed it because of errors in translation, and alterations to mislead. Facts prove their errors. The teachings of Jesus prove their errors. Their own bible proves their errors. I don't know how any one can believe them--only those that don't know the bible I guess.
The whore of Babylon = worldwide false religions--99% are false--Jesus started a single religion-1Cor 1:10)

I believe that is a bit too general. If it were many it would have to be the whores of the world.

kjw47

"Graven image" is never defined in the Tanakh, therefore scholars are really not certain what precisely it pertains to. However, idol worship is considered to be pretty much a "given" as being forbidden, but after that they don't know. In some orthodox Jewish circles, even a photograph of a human or an animal is believed to possibly be a "graven image".

BTW, do you keep kosher? If not, then what you are doing is picking & choosing which Jewish Law you wish to keep. There simply is no reference in the NT that forbids statuary other than those produced to serve as idols that are worshiped, and Catholics don't do the latter, which is contrary to the propaganda that your JW leaders brainwash their flock to believe.

This has been covered many times before since the word "father" as used in some churches has a different source than one's use of "father" in regards to one's family.

BTW, who's married to your "mother", kjw47? I betcha you use the word "father" a lot. So, according to your JW's interpretation, you also are violating the teaching.

The non usage of Father is in a spiritual teacher sense. They call the pope-Holy Father----God is Holy Father not the Pope.
They have many serious errors in place.

Catholics bow to the graven image of Jesus on a cross behind the pulpit--It can do 0=-- They kiss the little icon metal cross that can do 0. Pics of Jesus with long hair--God was against males having long hair--He made a special covenant with-Nazarites( Numbers 6)( Samson was one), not Nazarenes( Jesus)-- dont cut hair--they could not drink alcohol) basically portraying Jesus as a sinner in front of all creation.
Jesus is king sitting on a throne in heaven.

Last edited:

kjw47

I believe that is a bit too general. If it were many it would have to be the whores of the world.

At the tower of Babel-- they were sent out to all parts of the earth carrying the pagan practices that live on to this day.Through false religion and celebrations.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The non usage of Father is in a spiritual teacher sense.
Nice attempt at a dodge as the verse says not one thing about only not using it in a "spiritual teacher sense". That's your invention, not the scriptures. Therefore, if you say "father", you are going against what you say should be forbidden in the verse itself.

Catholics bow to the graven image of Jesus on a cross
It is you that assumes that it is a "graven image", plus the scripture says not to worship such an image, and Catholics don't..

Pics of Jesus with long hair--God was against males having long hair
Unless he was a nazir, which was a temporary status for some young men before they eventually terminated it, often to get married. Now, there's no way of actually knowing whether Jesus considered himself as such, but there are indications that he might have because of his actions and emphasis on what we might call "spirituality", often done by going into the desert and spending much time praying and meditating there. Most people didn't do that, but nazirs did.

kjw47

Nice attempt at a dodge as the verse says not one thing about only not using it in a "spiritual teacher sense". That's your invention, not the scriptures. Therefore, if you say "father", you are going against what you say should be forbidden in the verse itself.

It is you that assumes that it is a "graven image", plus the scripture says not to worship such an image, and Catholics don't..

Unless he was a nazir, which was a temporary status for some young men before they eventually terminated it, often to get married. Now, there's no way of actually knowing whether Jesus considered himself as such, but there are indications that he might have because of his actions and emphasis on what we might call "spirituality", often done by going into the desert and spending much time praying and meditating there. Most people didn't do that, but nazirs did.

Dads are called --FATHER in the bible--so that was not included. Just for a spiritual teacher.

metis

Dads are called --FATHER in the bible--so that was not included. Just for a spiritual teacher.
Nice song & dance, kjw47, but maybe come back when you actually have some evidence instead of just opinions, as "spiritual teacher" does not show up in the scriptures. And here I thought you actually believed in the Bible? ;)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
View attachment 19111
What is a real Christian?

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that the pope is the Antichrist.

This completely contradicts what scripture says about testing the spirits:

1 John 4:3
By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.”

According to the scripture, the pope is okay and indeed a good spirit

I also constantly hear that the whore of Babylon is the Catholic Church.

Funny that this accusation comes from people who claim to be Bible Christians. It's a proven fact that the Catholic Church put together the first Christian Bible. These people get their Bible from the whore of Babylon... Since Catholicism is the religion of the Antichrist, what makes you think that they made the right decision when they put together your new testament Canon, and how do you know that they didn't tamper with the book?

Somehow I just do not take news from Smoloko.com, an alt-right/International Jewish Conspiracy website and 'news' organization, all that seriously....and most certainly not as "Gospel" :)

kjw47

Nice song & dance, kjw47, but maybe come back when you actually have some evidence instead of just opinions, as "spiritual teacher" does not show up in the scriptures. And here I thought you actually believed in the Bible? ;)

2+2--- Dads are called Father in the bible--God is called Father--what is left that is not to be called Father?= spiritual teachers.

metis

2+2--- Dads are called Father in the bible--God is called Father--what is left that is not to be called Father?= spiritual teachers.
Except that the word translated into "father", as I explained to you before in this thread, comes from different words, with "abba" coming from the Hebrew and "presbyterios" coming from the Greek. The latter translates in English to "elder" or "priest".

Also, in the Latin language, the word for the "Pope", is "Pa'pa" (I include the accent mark), whereas the word for "father" is "Papa'" (accent make on the last syllable). If we weren't referring to the Pope, the word "pa'pa" actually translates out to "potato" in English.

Since the Pope is the Bishop of Rome, the word used in Greek is "episcopoi" for "bishop", which also means "overseer".

[btw, when going from one language to another, spelling can vary, so one may see "presbyterios" and "epscopoi" spelled somewhat differently than I have it]

kjw47

Except that the word translated into "father", as I explained to you before in this thread, comes from different words, with "abba" coming from the Hebrew and "presbyterios" coming from the Greek. The latter translates in English to "elder" or "priest".

Also, in the Latin language, the word for the "Pope", is "Pa'pa" (I include the accent mark), whereas the word for "father" is "Papa'" (accent make on the last syllable). If we weren't referring to the Pope, the word "pa'pa" actually translates out to "potato" in English.

Since the Pope is the Bishop of Rome, the word used in Greek is "episcopoi" for "bishop", which also means "overseer".

[btw, when going from one language to another, spelling can vary, so one may see "presbyterios" and "epscopoi" spelled somewhat differently than I have it]

The word--Pope--is not in the bible. Man made that word. The religion that came out of Rome--screwed it all up--Many are being mislead by believing the religion that came out of Rome belonged to Jesus or any of its branches.

djhwoodwerks

Aren't "fathers" supposed to be the "spiritual teachers" of the family?

If you were a witness as a child, did your "father" lead Bible study in your home?

Do you have children that you take the lead over in Bible study in your home?

metis

The word--Pope--is not in the bible. Man made that word. The religion that came out of Rome--screwed it all up--Many are being mislead by believing the religion that came out of Rome belonged to Jesus or any of its branches.
I hate to say this but you really don't know much about the history of the early church, which makes you vulnerable to be brainwashed by those who simply teach you what is utter nonsense, and then they also take your money. If you do your homework, you'll see what I mean, and even the Wikipedia article on Christianity is a reasonable place to start: Christianity - Wikipedia

This article is not affiliated with any church or denomination, plus it does include links to other sources that can help you. If you choose not to look this up or look at some other serious sites that teach Christian history more objectively, then you choose to be ignorant on this subject. It's obviously your choice though.

kjw47

longed to Jesus
Aren't "fathers" supposed to be the "spiritual teachers" of the family?

If you were a witness as a child, did your "father" lead Bible study in your home?

Do you have children that you take the lead over in Bible study in your home?

Any one can teach spiritual things. It was referring to ones spiritual teachers--They fathered 0. God Fathered all truth. God is the holy Father, not the Pope.

kjw47

I hate to say this but you really don't know much about the history of the early church, which makes you vulnerable to be brainwashed by those who simply teach you what is utter nonsense, and then they also take your money. If you do your homework, you'll see what I mean, and even the Wikipedia article on Christianity is a reasonable place to start: Christianity - Wikipedia

This article is not affiliated with any church or denomination, plus it does include links to other sources that can help you. If you choose not to look this up or look at some other serious sites that teach Christian history more objectively, then you choose to be ignorant on this subject. It's obviously your choice though.

The Hebrew scholars have told the trinity scholars for centuries, they teach a non existent god.
Undeniable fact= From Moses on up until this very day, in every synagogue and temple-- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah) was taught, served and worshipped-- Taught to Jesus his first 30 years attending--He never refuted the God of Israel. 0 doubt--Israel served the true living God many x correctly, but many x uncorrectly and they lost favor. Jesus started a new religion, God did not change, The religion that came out of Rome changed god. Its fact.
No trinity god exists.

kjw47

God is not a teacher, and God is not the Father of the rank and file witness.

Not true at all!

Then how do you explain--34,000 religions claiming to be Christian, but only one has Jesus--yet all teach spiritual things.
Who Taught Jesus? God did.