• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pope Admits ...

Baladas

An Págánach
I saw that too. It's great to see that he is bringing issues like this to light.
Horrifying though these issues are to learn about, it makes you realize how much other Popes were likely helping to hide.

Ellen Brown

It is the Catholic Church. This should not be surprising.

I knew what was going on but very gratified that the head of the Church would step up to the plate, and take action. There is another church that needs to do the same thing, but I doubt that they have the integrity.

Shad

Veteran Member
I knew what was going on but very gratified that the head of the Church would step up to the plate, and take action. There is another church that needs to do the same thing, but I doubt that they have the integrity.

Did the Catholic Church file a police report(s) so it's priests could face slavery, rape and sex trafficking charges? Nope. Typical Popes keeping things "internal" and out of the hands of law enforcement. I am not impressed. The Holy See is rotten to the core.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Did the Catholic Church file a policy report(s) so it's priests could face slavery, rape and sex trafficking charges? Nope. Typical Popes keeping things "internal" and out of the hands of law enforcement. I am not impressed. The Holy See is rotten to the core.

I don't know anything about church law or Italian Law. Typically in the USA, once the church leader admitted something like that, the civil police would be right on it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't know anything about church law or Italian Law. Typically in the USA, once the church leader admitted something like that, the civil police would be right on it.
If i remember correctly, The Vatican state has their own police and laws even they are in the middle of Rome city. Vatican is its own country

Shad

Veteran Member
If i remember correctly, The Vatican state has their own police and laws even they are in the middle of Rome city. Vatican is its own country

Vatican law has zero authority outside Vatican city. The congregation in the article was in France. Did the Pope make a report to the police in France? Nope. Standard RCC covering up for their rapists.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Vatican law has zero authority outside Vatican city. The congregation in the article was in France. Did the Pope make a report to the police in France? Nope. Standard RCC covering up for their rapists.
I did not try to defend the Vatican, i just said they do not follow Italian law. nd no they do not havw authority outside vatican,

Altfish

Veteran Member
Churches and in particular the Catholic Church need to get over their obsession with what consenting adults do in private.
They should have married priests and nuns, get rid of the natural sexual drive of adults.
Sex is good, sex is fun - it shouldn't be oppressed and banned.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It is the Catholic Church. This should not be surprising.
You mean being honest and admitting faults? What other churches have you heard or read doing that in recent years? Maybe you can give us some examples, or do you only think that things like this only occur within Catholicism?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A terrible state of things, aggravated by the depth of hypocrisy necessary for it to have reached such a level.
Like we've seen so often is so many venues, it's the attempt at cover-up that's both so utterly pathetic and morally deplorable.

It is a courageous and laudable move of Pope Francis to admit it. Action must indeed follow now.
Absolutely, imo.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
How many charges have been filed? Did he also call the local authorities? Were the 'good' fathers in France charged?