• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The political insight of John Harrington

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
English courtier Sir John Harrington tells us

Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

The same gentleman is also acclaimed as the inventor of the Flush Toilet.

Thus, he both
  • clearly explained the Trump/GOP phenomena, and
  • identified a most appropriate remedy,
all more than four centuries before the outbreak of this most current scourge.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know if Trump has committed treason yet, but he's certainly both seemingly close to it at times, and seems capable of it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
??? Do you know the meaning of the word "treason"?
How about manipulating U.S. foreign policy for personal financial gain at the expense of the U.S. economy and national security? Would that qualify as treason?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How about manipulating U.S. foreign policy for personal financial gain at the expense of the U.S. economy and national security? Would that qualify as treason?

A little proof would go a long way...just sayin'. BTW, don't you think that if you figured this out someone else in a higher pay grade would have also. Keep fishin'.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
A little proof would go a long way...just sayin'. BTW, don't you think that if you figured this out someone else in a higher pay grade would have also. Keep fishin'.
But if it happened, would it be treason? I mean if Obama did what I described, would he be guilty of treason?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But if it happened, would it be treason? I mean if Obama did what I described, would he be guilty of treason?

No, I don't think that's treason, that would be more of fraud charge. But I'm sure that a meteor will hit the earth before that happens.