• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Political Divide from A Theistic Perspective.

John D. Brey

I think the judicial processes in place are easily the most positive and restorative way forward.

This statement, with your next, sums up the problem.

. . . if the Democrats were to adopt the tactics and attitudes of the Trump Republicans, in my view that would be a major mistake, an abandoning of reason, Constitutional procedures and the rule of law.

In my opinion, you're spot on. But with a caveat you likely won't like or agree with. The election of Donald Trump occurred when the majority of WASPS came to believe that the system under Barack Obama showed that the entire system, the FBI, the DOJ, and much of the legal system throughout the Country, have been gamed, rigged, against the Right.

Not that this occurred under Obama. But that for decades the Left has been gaming the system, rigging the system, so that the FBI now hides evidence of crimes performed by the Left, Hillary's destroying emails, Hunter Biden's laptop, while literally creating crimes for the Right, the Russia collusion document paid for by Hillary.

In the election of Donald Trump, the Right, not the Left, signaled their belief that the current system cannot, and will not, allow a fair and unbiased, un-rigged, election, or fair and unbiased implementation of the powers of the State. In this sense, the Right, not the Left, crossed the Rubicon first. The Right elected Donald Trump specifically to begin to act outside laws, and checks and balances the Right (generally speaking) believe to be rigged against them.

President Trump didn't disappoint. And the Left realized he signaled that the Right was no longer playing along with the rigging, and was fighting back, with tactics that no longer remain within the rule of law that the Right decided were rigged against them.

Now the Left is also functioning outside of the pretense of legal fairness and objectivity. The raid of President Trump's personal residence is proof of that to the Right, such that we're now in some stage of a civil war where both sides have dispensed with the rule of law, and are in a battle to the death (probably of the Republic).

(As for 'theistic', if there's a god involved in this, it's probably Loki.)

This is actually the heart and soul of this thread if we ever get to it. :D

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

Is there a "truth" so transparent that all agree, or should, universally?​

Yes, the reality that is determinable by reasoned persons guided by verifiable facts supported by well-founded evidence.

In my opinion, the reason Socrates was made to commit suicide by the State, and Jesus was condemned to death by the State, as were many of the OT prophets, St. Paul, and on an on, is because of the fallacy of your statement above. Facts are not self-establishing and irrefutable. In fact, in his tremendous genius, Karl Popper showed that there is no such thing as a fact that's not contaminated by the theory that conceived it. Socrates, Jesus, the prophets, St. Paul, were, to a man, trying to show their students and interlocutors that facts must be broken by the power of new revelations of reality that facts consider their mortal enemy. Facts, like all orthodoxy, protect the status quo such that anything truly creative or new must be attacked by the orthodoxy or factual, legal, precedent (Thomas Kuhn 101).

I believe there is no such truth accessible to more than an individual singularly,​

This is problematic;
Are you suggesting that all truth is subjective…
That there is no objective truth available?

I'm suggesting a profound disjuncture, or disunity, between a creative-revelation (of a new truth) versus the kind of thought that has already been vetted and labeled true or factual. The latter requires "objective" measurements and communal agreement. The former doesn't. Furthermore, I'm suggesting that all genuine thought is subjective, singular, in the creative event, and that only through secondary processes is it shown to be factual, true, or legally binding for a community that has stamped it factual, or legal, or true.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

This, actually, has very good points.

The feverish pitch has gotten to such a critical mass that even the mention of a name creates a diarrhea of the mouth where one asks oneself, why dialogue?

Not that I would want anyone to be eliminated but I can't wonder what one did with simple logic (which, probably, they are saying the same thing)

That's kinda the point of this thread. In my opinion, it's not that one side has left the legal, communal, structure of the State: both have. And, in my opinion, for sound and good reasons on both sides. In other words, I feel I understand the Left's position, and the Right's position, and from their deepest foundational realities, they are, the Left and the Right, both correct to realize that the very establishment of the State they've both functioned under for the last few hundred years is no longer up to the task at hand.

This being the case, the heart and soul of this thread is intended as a quasi-scientific examination of from where we (the Left and Right) have come, and to where we're going next?

John

Dao Hao Now

If you read "my interlocutor's" statement, he conceded that he meant it to be as close to literal as possible without, perhaps, actually wanting to be prosecuted for taking action. Furthermore, if you read message #16, you'd see that far from demonizing the statement (which would have been the opening quotation of this thread if the rules permitted), on the contrary, I pointed out that in my opinion the statement brilliantly summed up, in a refreshing way, how most of us feel about where our Nation currently finds itself regardless of whether we lean left or right politically.

John

So clarify for me:

Was your aim by starting this thread to decry the vitriol between the political factions in an attempt to reconcile the differences and find common ground?

Or to rationalize your previous statement about being “forced to think and act outside of the once functioning legal and political system”?
If so, what acts are you literally advocating for?

John D. Brey

I was insinuating that atheism is a branch of theism; the branch that, though it understands the concept of God, nevertheless rejects that concept.​

There is no concept of God, in any singular sense. That much is clear to me, as an atheist.

For the sake of argument, I would use the Jewish monotheistic concept of God as a Being we know exists though we don't know how, or why we know that it, he, exists, nor do we have any facts, or proof, that he exists, outside the fact that we know he does.

Earlier in the thread I quoted one of my mentors, Rabbi Sampson Hirsch, saying something along those lines: we know we are a we, we talk to ourselves, but we don't have a good scientific understanding of the soulish we, who is talking to the carnal we. Rabbi Hirsch said if we can talk to ourselves, we can talk to God. The invisible soul, or mind, of man (mankind exclusively) and the invisible God, are of the same stuff.

I had the pleasure of being raised within one of those traditions, and I daresay I retained enough to avoid a dumb stare. If the first time I was presented with a cargo cult had have been in person rather than from a distance, I daresay my stare would have been plenty dumb.

That statement cause me a degree of dumb stare.:D Not sure how to unpack it.

But for what it's worth, every single person in the USA is raised in a culture not only drenched in Judeo/Christian thought, word, ideation, but every single thought they have is contaminated by the truth that the very prism for their perception, the very vocabulary for their ideation, is swimming in thoughts and ideas come from Jews and Christians for thousands of years. Jews and Christians have established the very soil where every single thought grows. They are the host for non-Jewish or Christian thoughts that parasite the branch where the life of the thought must exist in order even to feign life.

In this thread, I want to examine if the same is true of Left versus Right? Is the Left or the Right the branch of political life such that the other side is parasiting the very branch it requires even to exist?

That's an interesting definition of theism, if it includes a branch of people who explicitly reject it. Perhaps theists are merely the believing branch on an atheist tree. Wait...that doesn't really make sense. Right?

Wow. That's precisely what I'm trying to examine concerning the political Left, versus Right, expressly in the USA.

For instance, those who came to the USA, who established the Colonies, fought off the indigents, and eventually chose to reject the rule of law established for them by England, were mostly WASPS for whom their Protestant faith was the primary thing they came to America to defend and practice, and for which they endured the perils of the untamed land, and even fought the existing State (England) so they could practice their faith, and their belief in certain political realities, as they saw fit.

The MAGA crowd's very chant is to return to that beginning of greatness. The MAGA crowd are made up of the lion's share of WASPS in the Country. They now see the Left as having rigged the mechanism of the State, precisely as has happened throughout human history, such that they feel they may have to fight a new war of independence not against a foreign enemy (England), but a domestic one (the Left and its rigged State apparatus).

On the other hand, the Left doesn't see the USA as unique, glorious, an experiment that goes against everything that came before it. They see that kind of talk as the silliness of the Right. They see the USA as a host nation not fundamentally different than any other nation. Tear down the walls and boarders. We are they. We have nothing so precious as to require walls and wars to keep others out. Hell, they're as likely to leave for another place, as to keep anyone out. And as to religion, for the Left it has no place in the State, even though this State, the United States, was founded precisely for the sake of religious faith and freedom; primarily Protestant faith and the Protestant version of freedom.

The very person whose statements generated this thread implied he's left the country for going to far from the Left. Madonna, all the vocal opponents of the Right, threaten to leave the Country for the normal world. They never saw the USA as anything but a piece of land, like any other. For them, the USA isn't the glorious home of freedom and liberty. That's all just WASPY crap used to fire up dumb Republicans.

Point being, it's inarguable that the founders of the Country, the civilizers of the land, and the people who fought for independence, were kinda MAGAy. They were white, Protestant, zealots for the Bible, freedom, and liberty, who saw the rest of the world as slaves to tyranny precisely because they don't understand the Bible, nor the principles it claims lead to life, liberty, and freedom.

Who, knowing our history, could deny that the Trump supporters are directly related to the founders, while the Left is too similar to mother England to even argue against. The Left sees the USA as a member of the communal, global, community. The Right sees the USA precisely as our founding father's saw the USA.

Which, therefore, is the branch (grown out of the founding soil), and which is the "parasite" (and I use that word in the scientific sense of the opposite of the "host," the opposite of the founding soil, the other-than the creative-event) feeding off the branch till another branch (any other country) is found? The Left were just born here, rather than there. So though it would be a problem to leave, they will, rather than defend their version of the country since their version makes any other country equally acceptable but for the nuisance of relocating (as my original interlocutor has happily done). The Right believes there is no other USA. Not even close; that what was fought for by the founders, is worth giving one's life for today as it was back then. "Love it or leave it" is their cry. "Don't tempt me" is the Left's response.

John

Last edited:

Dao Hao Now

The same so-called factual evidence is interpreted differently, and sometimes legitimately, by two different examiners with equal intelligence and objectivity. As Popper tried to explain, facts aren't self-contained. They, like the very empirical prism through which they come, are all, theory impregnated. There's no non-theoretical fact. There are not facts that justify one interpreter over against another interpreter to the point of one of the interpreters being worthy of death for alleged falsification of facts. Facts simply aren't what some people think they are.

We could (and shall) go further by positing that those who think facts are more than they are, are most often the side of the binary spectrum who live in a dream world and who are most often enraged to the point of unjustified violence when the facts they take too seriously aren't taken seriously enough by others.

John

The subject at hand isn’t about whether any data can be pure or absolute in a philosophical nature.

It’s about whether claims made by Trump and a cabal of his followers were viable, justified, and well-founded….
or misguided conspiratorial flag waving to create or further a discontentment and illusion of disenfranchisement among his voters.

This, as stated, is discernible by following the verifiable facts as discerned by compelling provable evidence.

John D. Brey

Recent political events have magnified the political divide in America to a degree probably unseen since the Civil War. In various threads on politics here in our forum (most notably Predictions of how Trump supporters will react if he's arrested and indicted) dialogue has reached not just a fever pitch, but people on both sides appear to be pitching the dissolution of dialogue with the other side altogether. Worse, they're implying that the other side is beyond hope and must be eliminated rather than finding a middle-ground or reaching some kind of democratic consensus.​

Whilst unsure how this is a theistic perspective, particularly given your particular claims about the inclusiveness of that particular label, there is nothing to good to be had in dehumanizing political opponents.

Absolutely. My primary point is that the Left are correct within their own personal epistemological and hermeneutical worldview. Same with the Right.

So with that in view, what seems legitimate, is to deconstruct the arguments of the Left and the Right, from the vantage-point of their undeniable epistemological and hermeneutical foundations.

When we do that, we find, almost without genuine argument, that the MAGA crowd, made up of the lion's share of the Country's white, Anglo-saxon Protestants, support, and elected Donald Trump precisely because they see the Left, as a modern, domestic, version of the very England they fought tooth and nail at the very foundation of the USA.

Point being that regardless of whether the Right's version of America is right, it is undeniably closer to the foundation of the USA than the Left's.

That doesn't mean the Right is right, and the Left is wrong. Far from it. It just means the Left is parasitical and the Right is the host so far as this Nation is concerned at present.

At that point we would need to examine the scientific dynamics of a "host" versus a "parasite," in order to see the propitious nature of both, and perhaps attempt to evaluate if the USA the Left wants, and would engender, enriches the Country (though it may not have been the original intent of the founders or the constitution they set up), or if it is a wholesale rejection and condemnation of the founders and their constitution in the hopes of establishing a more perfect union in the blood of the founders and those who cling to the original constitution of the nation?

For me this is a vertiginous syzygy in that I see truth in the Left's dynamics and in the Right's. Bringing them into a proper union is no easy task. And neither is it a task for anyone who demonize the Left or the Right in principle, or in their heart. When, in the thread that this one is parasiting, I claimed I considered my more Leftist interlocutor my friend, I meant that in the deepest way imaginable. I don't see the Left as enemies. I see them as gunning (and that's not a great use of the word) for the same thing as the Right. I believe the battle now beginning between Left and Right will lead to a genuinely more perfect union of all men if the battle is conducted properly. It's not about the Left winning, or the Right winning. It's about both sides of the divide using the troubled times as a crucible to burn off the chaff in their own ideology so that they can come together again in a more perfect union. It's about being baptized in the trouble waters so that we're wet enough in the head to think we can build a bridge over those troubled waters.

Imagine, in a Lennon sort of way :D a near-future USA where Barack Obama and Donald Trump are caught in a photograph clutched in a bear-hug both laughing uncontrollably after a round of golf. In my opinion there's a place in both of them, all of us, that wants that if it can be had?

John

Last edited:

Dao Hao Now

In my opinion, the reason Socrates was made to commit suicide by the State, and Jesus was condemned to death by the State, as were many of the OT prophets, St. Paul, and on an on, is because of the fallacy of your statement above. Facts are not self-establishing and irrefutable. In fact, in his tremendous genius, Karl Popper showed that there is no such thing as a fact that's not contaminated by the theory that conceived it. Socrates, Jesus, the prophets, St. Paul, were, to a man, trying to show their students and interlocutors that facts must be broken by the power of new revelations of reality that facts consider their mortal enemy. Facts, like all orthodoxy, protect the status quo such that anything truly creative or new must be attacked by the orthodoxy or factual, legal, precedent (Thomas Kuhn 101).

I'm suggesting a profound disjuncture, or disunity, between a creative-revelation (of a new truth) versus the kind of thought that has already been vetted and labeled true or factual. The latter requires "objective" measurements and communal agreement. The former doesn't. Furthermore, I'm suggesting that all genuine thought is subjective, singular, in the creative event, and that only through secondary processes is it shown to be factual, true, or legally binding for a community that has stamped it factual, or legal, or true.

John

Facts are not self-establishing and irrefutable.
I never suggested they were…
That is a theistic perspective.

So what you are advocating for here is the acceptance of “alternative facts”
a la Kellyanne Conway?

You are aware of the concept of “gaslighting”,
aren’t you?

John D. Brey

Seriously, though, my point is that what we know and experience as human thought and perspective doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe, or in any other creature.​

The same applies to all sentient creatures. So what?

Yet, by any conceivable standard, humanity is far and away life's greatest achievement. We are the mind of the biosphere, the solar system, and---who can say? ----perhaps the galaxy. Looking about us, we have learned to translate into our narrow audiovisual systems the sensory modalities of other organisms. We know much of the physicochemical basis of our own biology. We will soon create simple organisms in the laboratory. We have learned the history of the universe and look out almost to its edge. . . except for behaving like apes much of the time and suffering genetically limited lifespans we are godlike.

Edward O. Wilson, The Social Conquest of Earth, p. 288-289.​

A theist believes in a god, sometimes used to refer to monotheism (this one tends to be a cultural view in some parts of the world).
The Self invokes a world of ontological, existential, phenomenological and religious discussions. But they don't necessarily revolve around a god, and that is a part of theism.

My argument is that the distinction between all non-human thought, versus human thought, hinges on the fact that humans are all theists, and no other creature is. Point being, no creature since the start of life on earth was ever a theist until the first human theist. Since then, every human of a particular intellectual level (with an IQ above say 50) is, whether they like it or not, a theist.

That doesn't mean they have to believe in God, but their mind is capable of understanding what is entailed in the concept of God, while no creature up until the first human theist could even understand the concept of God. Being capable of understanding the concept of God is theistic. What you do with that understanding determines if you are theistic or atheistic (the latter being "theism" with a parasitical "a" attached to the beginning, the head, when it belongs on the other end, the rump, or tail, in my opinion :D).

What this implies is a rather grotesque "primal flaw" (Scholem) in the development of human theism whereby modern atheistic theists taught that theism proper, proper theism, was itself an ancient aberration of primitive man, when nothing is further from the truth.

Richard Dawkins, and with him dozens of well-known atheist thinkers, have only recently, in the last decade, come to the conclusion that the early human brain was much like all other brains until a very recent evolutionary event that led to human grammar and all the scientific realities that came with it. The very first incarnation of human grammar was theism. The Bible claims God breathed into the first human theist the breath of life: that breath being theistic.

John's Gospel explains Genesis chapter 2 by noting that the genesis of the first theist was the Word; and that that word was "God." -----Mind you John said this two-thousand years ago. ----While I can show you Richard Dawkins, Noam Chomsky, Daniel Dennett, Karl Popper, brilliant a/theists through and through, only conceding to John's statement recently, because a time has come that it can no longer be denied, even by the intelligencia of the a/theistic branch of theism.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

So clarify for me:

Was your aim by starting this thread to decry the vitriol between the political factions in an attempt to reconcile the differences and find common ground?

Or to rationalize your previous statement about being “forced to think and act outside of the once functioning legal and political system”?
If so, what acts are you literally advocating for?

I think there are enough boxes of incriminating evidence and nasty, top choice secrets, to go around; to the Left and the Right. But I think, in a scientific sense, the Left parasites the USA, while the Right, particularly MAGA people, are indigenous, close to carbon-copies, at least many are, of the founders of the Nation.

This might be why a person like me, who frequents CNN and Fox, NPR, and Breitbart, in nearly equal proportions every day, notes, undeniably, that the Left see the Right as glorifying the USA above other nations, and they do, while they, many of them (the Left), see the USA as at best an equal partner (though probably less than equal because of the presence of MAGA) in the community of nations.

Our founding fathers did not see the USA as an equal partner in the community of nations. They saw us as the last hope of an evil community that sought to snuff it out. Ala MAGA.

This doesn't make MAGA right and the Left wrong (so to say). By no means. It just points out that the Left appears to be trying to make the USA a more perfect union by eliminating the union made what it is by the founding father's and defended by MAGA. That might be a legitimate undertaking? It might be a righteous, good, or propitious undertaking?

That's what I'm trying to examine as objectively as I can.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

So what you are advocating for here is the acceptance of “alternative facts”
a la Kellyanne Conway?

The semantics of "alternative facts" is unsavory. It's probably better to accept your personal understanding of something as a theory, or proposition, until it's so powerful that it can, like the penultimate scene in the ultimate matrix movie (the first), scare the pejesus out of the agent/actor currently gallivanting as an undeniable fact. Only when you've scared the daylights out of the undeniable-fact can you really hope to slip your own truth right into the skin left by the now naked streaker engendering laughter where it once could expect awe and obedience.

John

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Recent political events have magnified the political divide in America to a degree probably unseen since the Civil War. In various threads on politics here in our forum (most notably Predictions of how Trump supporters will react if he's arrested and indicted) dialogue has reached not just a fever pitch, but people on both sides appear to be pitching the dissolution of dialogue with the other side altogether. Worse, they're implying that the other side is beyond hope and must be eliminated rather than finding a middle-ground or reaching some kind of democratic consensus.

John
Jesus already predicted this polarization in Matthew 25-31-46 - The Sheep and the Goats. Nowhere does Jesus suggest that the sheep and the goats have a dialogue/

John D. Brey

Jesus already predicted this polarization in Matthew 25-31-46 - The Sheep and the Goats. Nowhere does Jesus suggest that the sheep and the goats have a dialogue/

That would seem to cause quite a conundrum unless you're Jesus since if you're not Jesus one might wonder how you get to judge who is a sheep and who is a goat? And it gets much worse since Jesus also pointed out that many who think they're sheep able to judge the goats will be shocked to find out the truth of the matter.

My stance is love all your brothers and neighbors regardless of whether they're secretly your enemies and let God do the judging since he can see their heart while, well I can only speak for myself on this, I can't.:D

If my interlocutor is typical, the next refrain will be about being able to judge them by their fruits.

John

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
That would seem cause quite a conundrum unless you're Jesus since if you're not Jesus one might wonder how you get to judge who is a sheep and who is a goat? And it gets much worse since Jesus also pointed out that many who think they're sheep able to judge the goats will be shocked to find out the truth of the matter.

John
Everyone should judge for themselves, I am no one to judge.

But Jesus also gave us the criteria for judging based on their attitude or behavior towards the 'least of these' ie the poor, the downtrodden, the oppressed. Here are the criteria to decide who are the goats:
1 Those who do not care about healthcare for the poor/marginalized
2 Those who do not care about food/water for the poor
/marginalized
3 Those who do not welcome strangers/foreigners
4 Those who do not care about people in prison

You can judge for yourself.

In fact, it is quite uncanny how Jesus predicted the exact issues of today, 2000 years ago.

John D. Brey

But Jesus also gave us the criteria for judging based on their attitude or behavior towards the 'least of these' ie the poor, the downtrodden, the oppressed. Here are the criteria to decide who are the goats:
1 Those who do not care about healthcare for the poor/marginalized

Are you saying they had Obama-Care in Jesus' day? :D

John

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
They didn't have guns either, but murder is still murder. And caring for the sick and poor is still caring for the sick and poor - how you do it is incidental as long as you do it. However, the litmus test is not welcoming strangers - those who are foreign and unlike you.

John D. Brey

They didn't have guns either, but murder is still murder.

Are you saying to put the murderer rather than the gun, or guns, on trial? Because it seems like every time there's a murder, the Left puts guns on trial as though the murderer was just a tool used by the gun. The Left kinda seems more concerned with making guns illegal rather than murders illegal. They let murders off often with a slap on the hand while they round up guns and then show them the business end of capital punishment. They even treat guns like the Nazis treated Jews; they attempt to melt them down admitting that they're passionate about initiating genocide against them. It's as though, for some unnamed reason, they fear guns more than murderers? Why would that be? Why would the Left fear guns more than murderers? And why would those who refuse to murder murderers murder guns with a gleam in their eye?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to put two and two together to solve the equation why a group who rejects capital punishment for murder revel in destroying the weapon used in the murder.

John

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Are you saying to put the murderer rather than the gun, or guns, on trial? Because it seems like every time there's a murder, the Left puts guns on trial as though the murderer was just a tool used by the gun. The Left kinda seems more concerned with making guns illegal rather than murders illegal. They let murders off often with a slap on the hand while they round up guns and then show them the business end of capital punishment. They even treat guns like the Nazis treated Jews; they attempt to melt them down admitting that they're passionate about initiating genocide against them. It's as though, for some unnamed reason, they fear guns more than murderers? Why would that be? Why would the Left fear guns more than murderers? And why would those who refuse to murder murderers murder guns with a gleam in their eye?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to put two and two together to solve the equation why a group who rejects capital punishment for murder executes the weapon used in the murder.

John
Seems off topic, but yes, a murder is murder whatever the means. However, fewer guns will definitely help.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Recent political events have magnified the political divide in America to a degree probably unseen since the Civil War. In various threads on politics here in our forum (most notably Predictions of how Trump supporters will react if he's arrested and indicted) dialogue has reached not just a fever pitch, but people on both sides appear to be pitching the dissolution of dialogue with the other side altogether. Worse, they're implying that the other side is beyond hope and must be eliminated rather than finding a middle-ground or reaching some kind of democratic consensus.

John

Its the same game its been since the Stellar/Solar divide in early Egypt - divide and conquer. What I fine truly ironic is how similar the two parties really are. The both want to strip rights, both want to bleed us dry, both abuse minorities, both stifle progress at every turn, both oppose the party that actually preaches libertarianism... it's sadly hilarious.

John D. Brey

Seems off topic, but yes, a murder is murder whatever the means. However, fewer guns will definitely help.

Fewer guns will no doubt help lessen disorganized crime. And yet disorganized crime is literally a laugh compared to organized, legalized, government sponsored murder.

Fewer person have been murdered by a rouge gunman in the whole of the history of the USA than Stalin, Hitler, or Mao, murdered in less than a decade. And the Germans were a more cultured, less likely to go that direction, nation, by far, than the USA. Those who think our government would never round up "terrorists" (say mothers who reject Critical Race Theory) to save the nation, killing them by the thousands, or millions (how many people voted for the Orange Menace?) are living in a dream.

The genius of our founding fathers is partly their understanding that the Second Amendment, the right to bear arms, is likely a right that will be grasped and held precisely by those who hold the same, or similar politics (right of center) to the founding fathers. Which is to say that should the Left desire a wholesale change to the right-ness of the founders, and those who follow in their footsteps, they will find the Second Amendment stands squarely in the way of their desire to Stalinize, or Hitlerize, basically to vaporize, their opponents by means of the FBI, the DOJ, and weaponized IRS, after they've undone the Second Amendment and confiscated the means the founders intended to stop them in their tracks.

Anyone with an IQ above 50 would be wise to fear anyone who's less fearful of an armed government trying to disarm law abiding citizens than they are of a random act of violence performed by a rogue gunman. Which is perhaps a dead-giveaway about the political biases of the writer since everyone here knows a majority of the Democratic Party is more afraid of guns (in general) than they are of an armed government trying to disarm law abiding citizens.

Perhaps not a majority of Leftists, but nearly so, would let the gunman go if the gun were subjected to a public and humiliating lynching. Random, rogue, gunmen, are no threat to Leftist. It's law abiding citizens armed to the teeth that keep Leftist up at night scheming to wrench guns from the dead, frozen, fists, of American patriots.

So to hide the true target of their violent hate, they attack the gun not the gun owner, as they attack the gun, not the rogue gunman. The left's hatred of the "gun" is sublimation for their hatred of the gun owner, the Right, the Republican, i.e., their law abiding neighbor who happens to be so arrogant that so long as he has his dirty guns he refuses to be bullied into redistributing his wealth equally amongst his disarmed, and dishonest, Leftest, poor, neighbors, so that the poverty of their economic ideas can be hidden behind redistribution schemes as their hatred for gun owning neighbors is hidden behind their Freudian hatred of guns.

John

Last edited: