• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Poison & Disease Thread

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As they said in the 1800s of the "French Disease".....
"A week with Venus, & a lifetime with Mercury."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I vividly remember the emergence of this disease
as it was discovered & became common.
I remember even kids cartoon blocks were warning us about HIV amd added sex to the list of things we're supposed to say no to (the other thing on that list was drugs).

Heyo

Veteran Member
I remember even kids cartoon blocks were warning us about HIV amd added sex to the list of things we're supposed to say no to (the other thing on that list was drugs).
Having learned that simplistic "say no" campaigns didn't work with drugs, they didn't even try that with sex in Europe. Instead they focused on "safe sex".

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One interesting thing is that anti-vaxers arrived
with the first vaccine in the 1700s. The discovery
of it had interesting origins in China.
On the other hand, the Washington Post has recently confirmed something I've suspected: that for every unvaccinated democrat or democrat-leaning independent, there are 3 unvaccinated republicans or leaners. And since the unvaccinated are 14 times more likely to die of covid than vaccinated people, the attempts by many states to sway elections to the right by trying to deter voters on the other side will fail -- and possibly attract some Darwin Award nominations into the bargain.

:D:D:D:D:D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On the other hand, the Washington Post has recently confirmed something I've suspected: that for every unvaccinated democrat or democrat-leaning independent, there are 3 unvaccinated republicans or leaners. And since the unvaccinated are 14 times more likely to die of covid than vaccinated people, the attempts by many states to sway elections to the right by trying to deter voters on the other side will fail -- and possibly attract some Darwin Award nominations into the bargain.

:D:D:D:D:D
But the surviving Republicans will become genetic super-Republicans.
That's Darwin for ya.