• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Planet of the Apes (1968)

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Yesterday I watched the original "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston. I thought I'd find it annoying and "outdated", but I can't believe how good it was and how much it still relates to "modern" phenomena like evolution vs. creationism. Thoughts?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yesterday I watched the original "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston. I thought I'd find it annoying and "outdated", but I can't believe how good it was and how much it still relates to "modern" phenomena like evolution vs. creationism. Thoughts?
I remember it fondly.
The score was novel & haunting.
I prefer this movie to later ones, but
prefer Elfman's sore to the re-boot...pretty
darn good for the new militaristic plot.

Big Jerry Goldsmith fan here, but this
sounds rather dated now (very 60s)...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a great movie. I still enjoy watching it on occasion.
Kim Hunter in a monkey suit....
hubba-hubba-gif-5.gif

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, technically it should have been called "Planet of the other apes".

Ciao

- viole

PureX

Veteran Member
When I was young and watching those movies, all the women were alluring. I was never very political when it comes to attractive women.
It's a law among republicans that Jane Fonda MUST always and forever be referred to as "Hanoi Jane". Same as how the word "unions" must be said as though it were being spit from the mouth like a toxic loogie, followed immediately by a diatribe about how the unions destroyed the industrial middle class in America. There are hundreds if such rules for republicans to follow. And they MUST be followed or they'll be labelled a closet "liberal" and become the target of endless ridicule and disgust from all their friends (because all their friends MUST be republicans - that's another rule).

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a law among republicans that Jane Fonda MUST always and forever be referred to as "Hanoi Jane". Same as how the word "unions" must be said as though it were being spit from the mouth like a toxic loogie, followed immediately by a diatribe about how the unions destroyed the industrial middle class in America. There are hundreds if such rules for republicans to follow. And they MUST be followed or they'll be labelled a closet "liberal" and become the target of endless ridicule and disgust from all their friends (because all their friends MUST be republicans - that's another rule).
They can call her whatever they want, she was hot in that movie.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Those things do seem to be part of some religious ritual. At least, among some Republicans. Of course, I have heard similar religious expressions uttered against various conservative objects and individuals as well. Me, I am tolerant and don't think political choice has to be a fingerprint for the individual. Though, clearly it is for some.

pearl

New Yesterday I watched the original "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston.

The only image I have now of Charlton Heston is holding up his
replica of a flintlock long riffle holding it up like a staff, 'From my cold, dead hands!'

PureX

Veteran Member
Those things do seem to be part of some religious ritual. At least, among some Republicans. Of course, I have heard similar religious expressions uttered against various conservative objects and individuals as well. Me, I am tolerant and don't think political choice has to be a fingerprint for the individual. Though, clearly it is for some.
I have a long time friend who has unfortunately bought into the cult of the modern republicanism. And there is a whole list of subjects that I can predict his response to. Every time. That's the weird thing; is that I get that response every time. It's that automatic.

I see it on here, too.