• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The place of Women in Quran.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No doubt, not in question, and given. Not in argumentation at all. It is simply non-sequitur to the discussion, as all of the Muslim (Islamic) sources I cited give the definition in every place meaning to "beat, strike, hit", and not one source, as given by Muslim scholars, Tafsirs, Sahih Hadith, Sunnah of Muhammad, neither the Lexicons, say that it means 'sex'.

nope. Wrong.

read your source carefully.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Muhammad taught divorce is legal (for almost any reason by the male) and child brides (no courses/periods) and pregnancies -

Surah 65:4 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -

“... And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him. ...”​

Surah 65:5 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -

“... That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will expiate from him his sins, and will enlarge his reward. ...”​

Surah 65:6 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -

“... Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them (that they be obliged to leave your house). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they lay down their burden. Then if they give suck to the children for you, given them their due payment, and let each of you accept the advice of the other in a just way. But if you make difficulties for one another, then some other woman may give suck for him (the father of the child). ...”​

The Tafsir of al-Jalalain on 2:228, related to Surah 65:4 in citation:

"... [2:228]
Divorced women shall wait by themselves, before remarrying, for three periods (qurū’in is the plural of qar’), of purity or menstruation — these are two different opinions — which begin from the moment of divorce. This [stipulation] applies to those who have been sexually penetrated but not to those otherwise, on account of His saying, there shall be no [waiting] period for you to reckon against them [Q. 33:49]. The waiting period for immature or menopausal women is three months; pregnant women, on the other hand, must wait until they give birth, as stated in the sūrat al-Talāq [Q. 65:4], while slavegirls must wait two months, according to the Sunna. And it is not lawful for them to hide what God has created in their wombs, of child or menstruation, if they believe in God and the Last Day. Their mates, their spouses, have a better right to restore them, to bring them back, even if they refuse, in such time, that is, during the waiting period, if they desire to set things right, between them, and put pressure on the woman [to return]; the statement is not a condition for the possibility of return, but an incitement [to set things right] in the case of repealed divorce; the term ahaqq, ‘better right to’, does not denote any priority, since, in any case, no other person has the right to marry them during their waiting period; women shall have rights, due from their spouses, similar to those, rights, due from them, with justice, as stipulated by the Law, in the way of kind conjugality and not being harmed; but their men have a degree above them, in rights, as in their duty to obey their husbands, because of their [the husbands’] payment of a dowry and their [husbands] being the bread-winners; God is Mighty, in His Kingdom, Wise, in what He has ordained for His creatures. ..."
Tafsir of al-Jalalain on Surah 65:4:

"... [65:4]
And [as for] those of your women who (read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances) no longer expect to
menstruate, if you have any doubts, about their waiting period, their prescribed [waiting] period shall be three months, and [also for] those who have not yet menstruated, because of their young age, their period shall [also] be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these [latter] their period is prescribed in the verse: they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten [days] [Q. 2:234]. And those who are pregnant, their term, the conclusion of their prescribed [waiting] period if divorced or if their spouses be dead, shall be when they deliver. And whoever fears God, He will make matters ease for him, in this world and in the Hereafter. ...."​

So you are contending that Al Jalalains tafsir is the correct interpretation?

What is your reasoning? What’s your analysis that proves jalalains interpretation is The correct one?

please explain.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Islam doesn't submit to the LORD "God" (JEHOVAH Elohiym), for Islam doesn't know JEHOVAH

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

And some say there are no such thing as a dumb questions.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Islam doesn't submit to the LORD "God" (JEHOVAH Elohiym), for Islam doesn't know JEHOVAH, but only 'allah', who are not the same.

Elohiym is true plural (3) in Hebrew.

'allah' is always singular, never plural in Arabic.

Muhammad never once made mention of the true name of God, as he never knew JEHOVAH elohiym.

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

Allah is a title, Jehova is a title, but Jehova has been alluded to in Quran in many places. I don't want to divert it to this topic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His names are his chosen ones like Samuel (Samuel means name of God and souls like these are the names of God by which you are to not take in vain). His titles are words like Rahman, Allah, and Jehova. They would meaning nothing without the beautiful names of God by which we truly turn to God. We know God is Compassionate, Loving, the Living, etc, by his names, and title him as such. If you would say you know God through his titles, it would be circular reasoning. You would be asserting, we made words and some how know by these words God exists or his attributes which doesn't make sense. Titles of God remind us of knowledge of God, but the name of God is his face, it's his light and arrow by which we point to God and ascend to him.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
His names are his chosen ones like Samuel (Samuel means name of God and souls like these are the names of God by which you are to not take in vain). His titles are words like Rahman, Allah, and Jehova. They would meaning nothing without the beautiful names of God by which we truly turn to God. We know God is Compassionate, Loving, the Living, etc, by his names, and title him as such. If you would say you know God through his titles, it would be circular reasoning. You would be asserting, we made words and some how know by these words God exists or his attributes which doesn't make sense. Titles of God remind us of knowledge of God, but the name of God is his face, it's his light and arrow by which we point to God and ascend to him.
You didn't even address the questions I asked, nor the statements made by Muslims!:

You are quite mistaken:

Exo_6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exo 6:3 וארא אל־אברהם אל־יצחק ואל־יעקב באל שׁדי ושׁמי יהוה לא נודעתי להם׃​

'allah' is also a 'name', not a title. It is even listed as such in the Yusuf-Ali edition, as the primary of the '99'.

"... The Names of God (Asma al-Husna):

ALLAH - (The Name Of God) ..." - Yusuf-Ali commentary edition of qur'an, page 3.

In Surah al-Fatihah 1:1, says

"... بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ..."

"... In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful..."​

The direct translation is even given here - al-Fatihah 1:1

In Surah al-Baqara 2:114, it says:

"...وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن مَّنَعَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ أَن يُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ وَسَعَىٰ فِي خَرَابِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ مَا كَانَ لَهُمْ أَن يَدْخُلُوهَا إِلَّا خَائِفِينَ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ ..."

".,.. 114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids(117)
that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name
should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin
them? It was not fitting that such should themselves
enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing
but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come,
an exceeding torment. ..."​

Again, the word for word translation - al-Baqarah 2:114

It is even directly translated as such into other languages, such as Spanish & Italian:

"... Su nombre en las mezquitas de Alá ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

"... di Allah si menzioni il Suo nome ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114
In Surah al-Alaq 96:1, we read:

"... 1. Proclaim! (or Read!)(6203) in the name(6204) of thy
Lord and Cherisher, Who created- ..."

Notation 6204 says, "... 6204 The declaration or proclamation was to be in the name of Allah..."
In Sahih al-Bukhari, we read:

"... Volume 1, Book 4, Number 143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you on having sexual relations with his wife said (and he must say it before starting) 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us (i.e. the coming offspring) from Satan, and if it is destined that they should have a child then, Satan will never be able to harm that offspring." ..."

"... Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805:

Narrated Warrad:

(the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Once Al-Mughira dictated to me in a letter addressed to
Mu'awiya that the Prophet used to say after every compulsory prayer, "La ilaha ilallah wahdahu la
sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa-lahul-hamdu, wahuwa ala kulli shai in qadir. Allahumma la mani 'a
lima a'taita, wa la mu'tiya lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddi minka-l-jadd. (None has the right
to be worshipped but Allah and He has no partner in Lordship or in worship or in the Names and the Qualities, and for Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are for Him and He is omnipotent. O Allah! Nobody can hold back what you give and nobody can give what You hold back. Hard (efforts by anyone for anything cannot benefit one against Your Will)." And Al-Hasan said, "Al-jadd' means prosperity."..."

"... Volume 2, Book 15, Number 101:

Narrated Jundab:

On the day of Nahr the Prophet offered the prayer and delivered the Khutba and then slaughtered the sacrifice and said, "Anybody who slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the prayer should slaughter another animal in lieu of it, and the one who has not yet slaughtered should slaughter the sacrifice mentioning Allah's name on it." ..."
Are you attempting to tell me that you, as a Muslim, do not know your own "Lord's" (96:1) name? or what name to have over a sacrifice?

Bukhari records in Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805 that there are both "Names" and "the Qualities", and in the same Hadith mentions the "name" as "Allah", and makes distinction between that (as name) and the quality, "al-Jadd".

You just admitted that "Samuel" is a "name" (and even uses the same root word for "name" as found in the Exodus passage I gave mentioning JEHOVAH as God's "name"). Then do you also admit that Jesus is also a name, that contains the name of the true God, JEHOVAH, for Jesus literally means JEHOVAH is (my) salvation:, as it is written:

Mat_1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mat 1:21 τεξεται δε υιον και καλεσεις το ονομα αυτου ιησουν αυτος γαρ σωσει τον λαον αυτου απο των αμαρτιων αυτων
What is the name of your 'god'?

SaintUriah

I don't know to be honest, I've been thinking about it. This is indeed a hard edge case.
Why do Muslims believe that Eve removed Adam from heaven? as jews and christian
Because the Qur'an says that Satan seduced Adam For the acquittal of Eve !

SaintUriah

Brother, I've been thinking about this.

It might be that if inheritance is to be spread thin, God wants males to have more, because men have to give dowry for marriage. Men have to save up money to give to a woman for marriage but not the other way.

What do you think brother?
Qur’an did not do that

Muslims do that

A man is man means work hard womens cant
But in this way the woman will work and take the place of the man shoulde the man set in home
It made her vulnerable to all problems

Before Quran womens was worse than now in all world
You want to clarify the position of women in Islam

To who

Did the others religion books defend women like the Qur’an

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
I noticed that your user name is "SaintUriah". Do you know what "Uriah" (أُورِيَّا) means in Hebrew?

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance​

Last edited:

SaintUriah

I noticed that your user name is "SaintUriah". Do you know what "Uriah" (أُورِيَّا) means in Hebrew?

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance​
Thank you i DONT KNOW about that i sure that help everyone

its for reason becouse there tow men Uriah in Bible

Everyone has story

The other story

Perhaps little is known about