• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Place of Mormonism in the Christian Family of Religions

How do you view Mormons in terms of their claim to being Christians?

• Mormons are the only true Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The "LDS" Church is the only true Church on the face of the earth today.

• Mormonism is as much a part of Christianity as any other Christian denomination.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Mormons, as individuals, may have Christian values, but their Church's doctrines are not Christian.

• Mormons are good people who are, nevertheless, misguided and deluded.

• Mormonism is a non-Christian (possibly an anti-Christian) cult.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt

It has been said (on this forum) that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has no demonstratable connection to Christian history whatsoever, and therefore does not have any meaningful realtionship to the word 'Christian.' To what extent do you agree with this statement? In other words, how would you best describe your feeling about members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in terms of their claim to be Christians?

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
I love the Mormons! Of all the door to door groups they are my favorites. Why? Because they care and they want to talk to you. Yes, they are there to share their faith but they are very open to hear your faith too. And they aren't too pushy. They say, "Pray to G-d and ask Him the truth.". the two young guys that used to come around would sit on the porch and talk with me for almost an hour. They even asked me if I needed any help on fence I was building. Great guys. Even when it was very clear that I was not interested in converting they still came back just to visit.

I also admire them for their conviction. We have very little doctrine in common but they live what they teach. they have strong family values. This is also one of the reasons i like the Catholics also.

I have seen wuite a bit of LDS bashing around here and it makes me smile. >>>>>see? :) Whenever I hear a christian bashing on the LDS I always stop them right there and say, "Please remember this next time you are trying to tell a Jew that christianity replaced Judaism.". LOL!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Squirt said:
How would you best describe your feeling about members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

well, ive not met any mormons where i live, but the ones on here are friendly, caring, and genuine - if they don't have a place in the family of christendom, who does?

Squirt

fredmatthew25 said:
If you don't believe that Jesus was God incarnate than you can't have a place in the Christian faith.
Yes, I know, but I would be interested in seeing your vote.

evearael

I have to agree with NoahideHiker... All the Mormons I have ever had the pleasure to met or befriend have been kind and true people who were extremely well educated about their religion and sincere in their faith. I also appreciate their dedication to family and their genuine desire to help others. I think the tithing and mission trips across the world are wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.