• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Philosophy of Lord’s Greatest Illumination on Holy Prophet Muhammad (p.b.A.h)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be upon everyone!--I believe, manifestation of Lordship of Allah upon a person is related to the person’s spiritual station. The chosen people are selected for grant of best illuminations of Lord (Al-Rabb). Even though Allah is One and has no partner but in terms of illuminations, his Lordship is different for everyone. It depends on the status of relation of a person with Allah and on the degree of manifestation of divine attributes for that person. Its example is like different sized reflections of one object which is placed in front of various small and large mirrors.

After gaining spiritual purification, human self acts as a mirror, in which the Lordship of Allah reflects. Faculties of all people are not same; capacities of some people are more than others. Reflection and illumination of Lordship of Allah through someone will also depend on granted capacities besides purification.

This is the wisdom behind the prayer of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) “subhana rabbiyal aalaa” meaning “Holy is my Lord, the most High.” in his Salaat (daily Prayers) …… This philosophy is elucidated by Holy Prophet’s promised peacemaker Ahmadiyya Devotee (w.alislam.org). One understands that the Lord Who appeared on the Holy Prophet granted His greatest and most shined illumination to him because of his purest-purity, maximum-capacity and complete spiritual relation with Allah. (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).

Debunker

No body is talking back to you. I have no idea what kind of response you are looking for, if any. Do you intend to enlighten us with what you said? I don't mean to be unkind but if you want me to understand the prophet, you must do better than this. Do you have anything philosophical to say concerning Allah like the Christians and Jews do about their real God? If you want the world to respect Allah, you should try putting solid epistemology concepts in your comments about Allah. I will be waiting and listening and ready to learn. You dish it out and I'll take it to heart.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Peace be upon everyone!--I believe, manifestation of Lordship of Allah upon a person is related to the person’s spiritual station. The chosen people are selected for grant of best illuminations of Lord (Al-Rabb). Even though Allah is One and has no partner but in terms of illuminations, his Lordship is different for everyone. It depends on the status of relation of a person with Allah and on the degree of manifestation of divine attributes for that person. Its example is like different sized reflections of one object which is placed in front of various small and large mirrors.

After gaining spiritual purification, human self acts as a mirror, in which the Lordship of Allah reflects. Faculties of all people are not same; capacities of some people are more than others. Reflection and illumination of Lordship of Allah through someone will also depend on granted capacities besides purification.

This is the wisdom behind the prayer of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) “subhana rabbiyal aalaa” meaning “Holy is my Lord, the most High.” in his Salaat (daily Prayers) …… This philosophy is elucidated by Holy Prophet’s promised peacemaker Ahmadiyya Devotee (w.alislam.org). One understands that the Lord Who appeared on the Holy Prophet granted His greatest and most shined illumination to him because of his purest-purity, maximum-capacity and complete spiritual relation with Allah. (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).

How did you find out about all that?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace to all!

According to the philosophy of Quran, Allah is that perfect being:

Who is the rightfully worthy of worship.
Who has all noble attributes.
Who is clear of all weaknesses.
Who is One and has no associates.
Who is the source of all blessings.

Four major divine attributes mentioned in the first chapter ( Al-Fatiha ) of Holy Quran provide the base are:

Al-Rabb: The Lord. He raises everything in universes. By virtue of this attribute, His Lordship is for all kind of beings (including all people, regardless if they are believer or not).

Al-Rahman: The Gracious, The Benevolent. By virtue of this attribute, He grants to human and living things without their asking and prayer.

Al-Rahim: The Merciful Who repeats His mercy. He rewards good deeds and does not let acts to waste.

Maalik Yaom ud din: Master of Day of Judgment: He is Master Who judges.

This provides a comprehensive definition of what God should be as epistemology (or theory of the nature, methods, limitations, and validity of knowledge and belief) would seek.

Allah teaches in the Holy Quran about the Unity, power, knowledge, perfection, greatness, punishment, mercy and other Divine attributes.

He also teaches that a seeker after truth should inquire what a religion teaches with regard to his own self and with regard to human conduct.

He teaches to seek a God Who is not believed on the basis of tales and stories and Who resembles a dead being and whose powers are not felt and who does not Himself make manifest the signs of His own existence and life.

He teaches to seek Himself---the Near One.

He says:
And when My servants ask thee* about Me, say: I am near. I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me. So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way.’ (2:187)....[*= The Holy Prophet Muhammad (p.b.A.h)]

Acceptance of prayer in all times shows an ever present God.

The balanced and perfect divine teaching required a complete person to absorb and then distribute the divine teaching by addressing all humanity. The Holy Prophet Muhammad is unique about whom it is uniquely said:

Say! O mankind! Truly I am a Messenger to you all from Allah to Whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. There is no God but He. He gives life, and He causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Prophet, the immaculate one, who believes in Allah and His words: and follow him that you may be rightly guided.(7:159)

and

And We have sent thee not but as a mercy for all people. (21:108)

=====================================================================
Related aspects in http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-books-scriptures/

1= http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...iptures/64812-philosophy-teachings-islam.html
2= http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...8-revelation-rationality-knowledge-truth.html
3= http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-books-scriptures/76339-muhammad-seal-prophets.html

Last edited:

Debunker

Dear Dwaud,
Sorry friend, but that was very unclear. Do you or do you not know enough about Allah and the prophet to make god's plan understandable to a stranger to your faith? To this poin, I see no rreason that me or anybody else should give any consideration to your faith.If this angers you, give me one reason and then folloed by many reasons why I should have any respect at all for Allah. The great Jewish and christian God says that we can come to reason with Him. We ask Him who God is and He gives us a history in Scriptures, logic, and an illumination of dabar and logos. In few sentences Jews and Christians can explin who there God is at least well enough to makemgod appealing. I am still lestening. Please give me something in your own words, a good reason to respect Allah as something more than a foolish myth forced upon non reasoning beings.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.

Allah tells about Himself in many places in the Holy Quran. Some are:

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,

The Gracious, the Merciful,

Master of the Day of Judgment.

Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.

Guide us in the right path —

The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

(chapter 1: verses 1 to 7)

-----

Surely, the Believers, and the Jews , and the Christians and the Sabians - whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds - shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.(2:63)

-----

Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.(2:256)

----

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a lustrous niche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. It is lit from a blessed tree — an olive — neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would well-nigh glow forth even though fire touched it not. Light upon light! Allah guides to His light whomsoever He will. And Allah sets forth parables to men, and Allah knows all things full well. (24:36)

----

He is the First and the Last, and the Manifest and the Hidden, and He knows all things full well.(57:4)

----

He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Gracious, the Merciful.

He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Bestower of Security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah far above that which they associate with Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (59: 23 to 25)

----

Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and in the Alternation of day and night, and in the ships which sail in the sea with that which profits men, and in the water which Allah sends down from the sky and quickens therewith the earth after its death and scatters therein all kinds of beasts, and in the change of the winds, and the clouds pressed into service between the heaven and the earth - are indeed Signs for the people who understand.(2:165)

----

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
‘And there is none like unto Him.’ (112: 1 to 5)

-----

More
The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Allah

Debunker

Dawu.d. ,
Because of your willingness to discuss religion with me, I have begun reading your holy book.

One of the first things I have noted is the great dependence Muslims have on the Koran. From reading the first chapter of the Koran, I have found that the Koran itself depends on the Bible for its source of knowledge. I ask you this one question. Please do not confuse me with many quotes from the Koran but please answer this simple question so that I will understand who you say Allah is.

Is Allah the same God that is described in the Geneses and Exodus of the Old Testament? Or, is Allah a different God and if he is a different God, how is Allah different?

This is not a trap question for you. In the spirit of fairness I will tell you my Christian meaning of the Christian and Jewish God in two words. You can Google these words and get their true meanings. First the Greek word logos This is what Jesus Christ was and still is.

The second word is the Hebrew word dabar. Dabar and logos are synonyms

I say this so you can anticipate what I might say in reference to your answer and what I think the Koran is saying about God as I continue to read the Koran.

I am not reading the Koran from a void ness of knowledge about the true God in both revealed knowledge (the Bible) and natural theology. If there is truth in the Koran, the Spirit of God will reveal the truth to us. If the Koran is bull, then God will expose it as such. The search of a true seeker has begun and I am not scared as to what this search will reveal. I hope the same is true of you and all Museums. In any event, you have the opportunity to lead us in this seeking the Truth.

Please begin by answering my question.

Debunker

Please forgive my insistence but does the followers of Allah have not a simple answer for a true seeker? I would have expected 100's of Muslims would have jumped 10ft. high to answer on behalf of their God. Do Muslims know who their God is? I guess not.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace!
May God reward you best for patience.

Please note you have raised more than one point (which are written in red below).

One of the first things I have noted is the great dependence Muslims have on the Koran.
The God of Islam is visible in the mirror of the book and laws of nature. God in Islam is presented by the light of human heart, conscience, and by heaven and earth. Quran is the word of God, science is the work of God, and they agree. Quran gave scientific predictions which have come true in these centuries and yet some predictions are ahead of current known science.

From reading the first chapter of the Koran, I have found that the Koran itself depends on the Bible for its source of knowledge
Source of knowledge of Holy Quran is Almighty God only, not the Bible.God uniquely promised to safegaurd Quran. Previous Books were not promised so, thus their original texts are not preserved and their translations created confusions and deviations..Since God is same from ever to ever, His teachings given in His Books have some commonalities. The judge is the Holy Quran, in which essentials of all necessary divine teacing has been preserved alongwith new commandments.

Dabar and logos
By.Dabar / Logos issue, I think you mean: The pivotal status of "Word of God" in the New Testament when He "becomes flesh" in Jesus, now known by the Greek translation Logos.

The Holy Quran does not support this idea and corrects it. According to Quran, all creations of God (including all souls) are Words of God which came into existence by divine command. In Holy Quran, the word WORD has multiple meanings: soul, verse, word.

…Say, The soul is by the command of my Lord…(17: from 86)

This reveals the divine working of making.

If that is not so then one must has to believe that God brings in souls and bodies from somewhere else. Which cannot be true. God has declared in Quran He has all powers but He does not do against His promises. And if someone says, that only those powers of God are believable which people can understand, that is ignorance too.
However, It does not mean that one should not ponder over nature………………. Just be moderate.

In short, according to Quran, souls are made by words and command of God. They are bestowed ceratin limited capacities. They depend on God. They contain collective properties of all other things in universe. (Quran tells about directed-by-God Evolution and Creation of all universe too.). They reflect impressions and colour of divine attributes on the allowed level, as they are made by God.

The Hebrew Christians were ingrained in the strong monotheism of the Old Testament and could accept Jesus as the son of God only in a metaphorical sense, the Greeks, having no such reservations, took the words literally. The Greeks used to believe in many gods and deities and had no intellectual hurdle in transforming a prophet into a god.

That is what happened with Dabar /Logos meanings.

Similarly there are many sons of God mentioned in Bible but none cannot be taken literally.
======================================
Same God since ever to ever:

[4:164] Surely, We have sent revelation to thee, as We sent revelation to Noah and the Prophets after him; and We sent revelation to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and his children and to Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and We gave David a Book.

[4:165] And We sent some Messengers whom We have already mentioned to thee and some Messengers whom We have not mentioned to thee — and Allah spoke to Moses particularly —

[4:166] Messengers, bearers of glad tidings and warners, so that people may have no plea against Allah after the coming of the Messengers. And Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[4:172] O People of the Book, exceed not the limits in your religion, and say not of Allah anything but the truth. Verily, the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of Allah and a fulfilment of His word which He sent down to Mary, and a mercy from Him. So believe in Allah and His Messengers, and say not ‘They are three.’ Desist, it will be better for you. Verily, Allah is the only One God. Far is it from His Holiness that He should have a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And sufficient is Allah as a Guardian.

[4:173] Surely, the Messiah will never disdain to be a servant of Allah, nor will the angels near unto God; and whoso disdains to worship Him and feels proud, He will gather them all to Himself.

Regards and good wishes.
======================================
http://www.alislam.org/books/Essence-1.pdf
Sermons on Current Issues Friday Sermons Archive
A BOOK OF RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE

Last edited:

A-ManESL

One of the first things I have noted is the great dependence Muslims have on the Koran.

The Koran's role for Muslims should be compared with the role of Jesus Christ(pbuh) for Christians. It is something directly of God in this world according to Muslims, like Jesus(pbuh) is for the Christians. Prophet Muhammad's(pbuh) role can be considered analogous to Mary (although the Prophet has another function for us: as a role model) as the medium through which this "something directly of God" came in this world.

Is Allah the same God that is described in the Geneses and Exodus of the Old Testament? Or, is Allah a different God and if he is a different God, how is Allah different?

Not only is he the same God, but he is the same God everywhere in all faiths...God is merely a symbol for the divine Reality. It is presented in the Koran in the context of 7th C Arabia, but the Koran itself says that no description suffices to describe him. In other words, the Divine Reality cannot be constrained in the human intellect, so to compare and analyse him as possessing certain exclusive properties is a flawed procedure.

The basic Muslim formula, La Ilaaha Illa Llah, may be understood as there is no divinity (or reality, or absolute) but the sole Divinity (or Reality or Absolute). (Understanding Islam).

Regards

Debunker

IF ONE WOULD Think the koran was GOD''S BOOK, HOW SHOULD ONE VIEW THE BIBLE? DO YOU SAY THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY THE TRUTH?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you!

1)= Jesus ( peace be on him) was not sent as a Universal Guide. He was the Messiah of the Israelites, and he proclaimed in clear-cut words: "I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt 15:24).
Holy Bible on the Mission of Jesus ...plz see details.

" And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the children of Israel ....." (Quran chapter 3: from verse 50)

2)= The Pentateuch (Torah), as we know it today, is not exactly the same as it was revealed to Moses. The later books of Old Testament have also undergone many revisions and modifications for many words and phrases found in the older versions have been changed in subsequent revisions. It may be coincidental that many of the changed words, or sections are those which the Muslims have used in support of their view point.

In spite of the inconsistencies among the various versions, the Old Testament still foretells the promulgation of a new law from God to guide future generations.

The absolute accuracy of the Bible can be best described by quoting from the preface of the Revised Standard Version, which describes it as the most probable reconstruction of events based on the best judgement of competent scholars.
(Reference: The Holy Bible, RSV Catholic Edition, Catholic Biblical Association of Great Britain, Pub. London Catholic Truth Society.)

The Quran, on the other hand, stands alone in its absolute authenticity. Its accuracy is beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt. It was promised by Almighty Allah:

Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian. (15:10)

This fact has been corroborated by many independent researchers and can also be verified today through comparison with on of the first written copies.

3)= Quran recognizes the true People of Book:

[3:114] They are not all alike. Among the People of the Book there is a party who stand by their covenant; they recite the word of Allah in the hours of night and prostrate themselves before Him.

[3:115] They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin what is good and forbid evil, and hasten, vying with one another, in good works. And these are among the righteous.

[3:116] And whatever good they do, they shall not be denied its due reward; and Allah well knows the God-fearing.

and invites them:

[3:65] Say, ‘O People of the Book! come to a word equal between us and you — that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partner with Him, and that some of us take not others for Lords beside Allah.’ But if they turn away, then say, ‘Bear witness that we have submitted to God.’

4)= The Holy Quran is the compendium of all that is good, lasting and imperishable in the teachings of all former revealed Scriptures, with a good deal more which those Scriptures lacked:

[98:4] Therein are lasting commandments.

Hence one has nothing to loose; nothing but gain upon gain!

[19:97] Those who believe and do good deeds — the Gracious God will create love in their hearts.

5)= Basically, there is little difference between the teachings of Judaism and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christianity, shorn of its later encrustations, is simply a sect of Judaism a sect which had recognized the Messiah in the person of Jesus Christ.

The teachings of Jesus Christ are clearly of a reformatory nature. He saw many wrongs in the way the Mosaic Law was being interpreted and applied by the people, and tried to correct them.

There is no doubt that some of Jesus' teachings about love, forgiveness and charity were indeed revolutionary. And it was this aspect of extreme humility that attracted a number of his followers among the Hebrews and, later on, among the Greeks and the Romans. But having a few revolutionary ideas does not make a new religion.

The early Christians retained their Judaic traditions and practices. It was only when the Greeks adopted the teachings of Jesus Christ that they started formalizing them within the framework of a new theology... a theology now centred around the person of Jesus Christ himself. History shows very clearly this gradual process of Jesus' deification from an Israelite prophet to the Son of God.

From the point of view of a Muslim, the present day Christians have grossly misunderstood some basic historic facts. The misunderstandings are caused by:

(1) Taking literal meaning of the Hebrew phrase, "Son of God"

(2) Shrouding the events of crucifixion in great mystery and superstition

(3) Not understanding the true purpose of prophets

(4) Considering the New Testament as the authentic and final word of God.

Once all these misunderstandings are removed, the life of Jesus Christ clearly shows that:

o he was an Israelite prophet
o his main objective was to reform Judaism
o he did not die on the cross
o he recovered from the ordeal of crucifixion
o he ate food with his disciples like mortal beings
o he traveled to the east in search of the lost tribes of the Israelites
o he died and was buried in Kashmir.=> [http://www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/]

@ A BOOK OF RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE

=============

6)= God guides to the Truth, those who supplicate:
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

Good wishes and peace be on you.

Last edited:

Debunker

DawudT.

Thank you very much for your excellent answers to my questions. I have already learned much from you and consider myself more enlightened about Islam. That being said, here are my thoughts on your reasoning.

1)= Jesus ( peace be on him) was not sent as a Universal Guide. He was the Messiah of the Israelites, and he proclaimed in clear-cut words: "I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt 15:24).
Holy Bible on the Mission of Jesus ...plz see details.

" And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the children of Israel ....." (Quran chapter 3: from verse 50)

Most Christians would reject the idea that Christ came to save only the Jews or Israel. In the context of the whole New Testament, Christ came first to the house of Israel but His complet whole purpose was to save the whole world as in John 3:16 that whosoever believed could be saved. The key to being saved was to be born againg, that is, to receive an epiphany through the Spirit of God that God was really real and also that God was a Spirit. That God was a Spiri which teaches men to worship God is a major theme in the Gospel of John. The Spirit was logos.

If the Quran is saying the Bible teaches that Christ came only to the house of Isreal, the Quran is in error and misrepresenting what Christ taught. Speaking of the house of Isreal< jesus said He had other sheep that would follow Him if Isreal did not follow Him.

Jn:10:16: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

There are many, many verses in both the Old Testament and New Testament that teach about God sharing salvation to the whole world but since that is not the topic at hand, I will not crowd our minds with a discuss of these verse, unless you specifically request me to do so.
(More comment to follow but this will get us started on a reply to your very good response)

Debunker

The Pentateuch (Torah), as we know it today, is not exactly the same as it was revealed to Moses.

Again, it is a[[aren’t that the way Muslims read the Bible and QUran is not the same for Christians and Jews. Christians and Jews understand the broader and more specific meaning of God. God acknowledges that revisions of the written would go through revisions and alteration but to insure the WORD of the dabar/logos would never change, God wrote these truths in the hears and minds of men. What man writes is from inspiration from the Spirit but the element of man being the recipient of inspiration will add a certain amount oi subjectivity to the inspiration of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul pointed this out and condoned this subjective approach to following God’s law. (Phil:2:12: Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.) Keep in mind that Christians had the Spirit of God to jead them and the Jews always had dabar’s spirit.

Jews and Christens do not try to prove anything by the Bible. To us the purpose of the Bible is to confirm that we have found the true path to God. Along the path to God, we are encouraged to ask questions of God and reason with God until we arrive at the truth of God. God has nothing to hide but wants to teach us all things; The dabar is truly the great God of all gods. Therefore, when you point out differences in what different scriptures say and the many interpretations of the Bible, that is not a valid argument to us nor one worthy of defending. We still have the Spirit of god.

Truth in our hearts is always written by God. These are self evident truths that you hear counties and nations argue about. These are unalienable rights that Christians claim came from God, not just from the Bible or the Quran but from God. Christ said we would know the truth and that the truth would make us free.

As for Moses, when he went to the top of the mountain, god wrote the Ten Commandment in stone. These same commandments have been written in our hearts and although these commandments are copied with words, their meanings will never change, because these are written in our hearts. The rest of Moses laws, Moses was inspired to write these just as he was inspired to write The Pentateuch (Torah).

Christians and Jews are expected to hide the word in their hearts (David, Ps:119:11: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.)

It may be coincidental that many of the changed words, or sections are those which the Muslims have used in support of their view oint.

In spite of the inconsistencies among the various versions, the Old Testament still foretells the promulgation of a new law from God to guide future generations.

The absolute accuracy of the Bible can be best described by quoting from the preface of the Revised Standard Version, which describes it as the most probable reconstruction of events based on the best judgement of competent scholars.
(Reference: The Holy Bible, RSV Catholic Edition, Catholic Biblical Association of Great Britain, Pub. London Catholic Truth Society.)

The Quran, on the other hand, stands alone in its absolute authenticity. Its accuracy is beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt. It was promised by Almighty Allah:

Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian. (15:10)

This fact has been corroborated by many independent researchers and can also be verified today through comparison with on of the first written copies.

First, it is dangerous to build a faith on what you think is many interpretations of the Bible. It was written ancient languages and by necessity, God inspired many interpretations and translations of the Bible so the whole world could benefit from the word of god. The basic theme of the Bible remains the same.

I want to point out that I am currently reading an English version of the Quran, one provided to me by a Muslim. I bet it is not a perfect translation. Does Islam have a Holy Spirit to speak to my heart to tell me when there is truth in my Quran?

Just like in Islam, there are many belief, sects, branches, and theologies in Christianity. But, there seems to be many more divisions in the nation of Islam than in Christianity. More Muslims kill Muslims than any other groups kill Muslims because each sect seems to have their own belief as to what the Quran teaches. Having a copy of an absolute authentic Quran has not kept the Muslims united. Something is missing Could it be reasoning and the Spirit of God is missing?

You are misled in you reference to the Catholic Bible and Protestant Bibles. The differences in all Bibles, all of which are translations, is the “purpose” with which these are printed and read. The Catholic Church says that it is the only agent of God that can correctly interpret scripture. The Pope is at the top and He says what the Word says. The Bible is secondary. The Catholic Church claims to be above the Bible and change it For example, the Catholic Church changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. The Catholic Church has made several important changes in the Bible, always in support of what the Church teaches.

Protestants generally believe what the Apostle Peter taught: 2Pt:1:20: “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.” Protestants believe it is each man’s responsibility to read the Bible and work out what is the plan of salvation. Protestants reject the priesthood of the Catholic Church. There are many differences between Catholics and Protestant but we have the same Bible. The Quran appears to have the same problem even though Muslim have the authentic verson.

Debunker

Peace be on you!===========

6)= God guides to the Truth, those who supplicate:
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

Good wishes and peace be on you.
1)= Jesus . . . was not sent as a Universal Guide. He was the Messiah of the Israelites: "I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt 15:24).
As pointed out,this text was given out of context with Bible teachings;therefore Jesus must have been a Universal Guide since your argument is proven fallacious.
" And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the children of Israel ....." (Quran chapter 3: from verse 50). If this is what the Quran teaches, it is in error of what the Bible teaches.It is apparent that the writer of the Quran was not knowlegable about the Bible.

2)= The Pentateuch (Torah), as we know it today, is not exactly the same as it was revealed to Moses. This is not a valid argument against authenticity of the Bible

In spite of the inconsistencies among the various versions, the Old Testament still foretells the promulgation of a new law from God to guide future generations. No, what the OT foretells is the fulfillment of the New Testament

The Quran, on the other hand, stands alone in its absolute authenticity. Its accuracy is beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt. It was promised by Almighty Allah: Authenticity means nothing if the Quran can not be unanimously and universally interpreted throughout the world. How does Allah work this out?

4)= The Holy Quran is the compendium of all that is good, lasting and imperishable in the teachings of all former revealed Scriptures, with a good deal more which those Scriptures lacked:

[98:4] Therein are lasting commandments.

Hence one has nothing to loose; nothing but gain upon gain!

[19:97] Those who believe and do good deeds — the Gracious God will create love in their hearts.

5)= Basically, there is little difference between the teachings of Judaism and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christianity, shorn of its later encrustations, is simply a sect of Judaism a sect which had recognized the Messiah in the person of Jesus Christ. You dismiss Jesus's influence too lightly. He did transform the way billions of people thought down through history and you know this to be true. To discredit another prophet does not make your prophet superior. Many historians dismiss Mohammad as a man who stumbled into a cave, had an epileptic seizure, and established a new religion. But, considering all that has come from Mohammed, this is stupid to dismiss him as such.

The teachings of Jesus Christ are clearly of a reformatory nature. He saw many wrongs in the way the Mosaic Law was being interpreted and applied by the people, and tried to correct them. This also is true of Mohammad but what Jesus and Mohammad did must be viewed as a good thing and not be used to discredit them.

There is no doubt that some of Jesus' teachings about love, forgiveness and charity were indeed revolutionary. And it was this aspect of extreme humility that attracted a number of his followers among the Hebrews and, later on, among the Greeks and the Romans. But having a few revolutionary ideas does not make a new religion.Are you actually saying that Chrisianity is not a religion?

The early Christians retained their Judaic traditions and practices. It was only when the Greeks adopted the teachings of Jesus Christ that they started formalizing them within the framework of a new theology... a theology now centred around the person of Jesus Christ himself. History shows very clearly this gradual process of Jesus' deification from an Israelite prophet to the Son of God.The study of the derivation of words is the greatest history lesson of all times and civilizations.where did the Geeks arrive at their logos?[/I
The Greek word came from the Hebrew word dabar which was brought from the land of Abram when God called Abram out to follow Him. The Christian theology was present, and not formulated, when God said "Let us make man." This was a long time before the Quran.

From the point of view of a Muslim, the present day Christians have grossly misunderstood some basic historic facts. The misunderstandings are caused by:Before we discuss the absurdity of the Muslim view of history, the following conclusions you present are all left without support in historic facts.
If you depend on these assumptions to justify your religion, you are walking on very sandy ground.It is the Muslim's point of view that grossly misunderstood history. We have already corrected many false assumptions made by Muslims about Christianity and we have just begun to studt the Muslim faith. As you are helping me to understand Islam, please allow me to help you understand the Christian faith.

(1) Taking literal meaning of the Hebrew phrase, "Son of God" Jesus was the Son of God. He was logos made flesh. He had the Spirit without measure.

(2) Shrouding the events of crucifixion in great mystery and superstition Jesus died on the cross. What is mysterious about this? There are no substantial anecdotal reports that say otherwise.

(3) Not understanding the true purpose of prophets You have not explained the true purpose of prophets. How has Christianity misjudged the purpose of prophets?

(4) Considering the New Testament as the authentic and final word of God. Again, how does authenticity of the QUran give it any more believability than the New Testament. Because you say something is true does not make it so.Every holy book faces this criticism and the Quran is no exception.

Once all these misunderstandings are removed, the life of Jesus Christ clearly shows that: (But you have not cleared up or removed anything)

o he was an Israelite prophet (And a prophet to the world)
o his main objective was to reform Judaism (And to save all men)
o he did not die on the cross (So say only the enemies of Christ)
o he recovered from the ordeal of crucifixion (not true)
o he ate food with his disciples like mortal beings(He showed what we would be like in the ressurection: nothing strange here,)
o he traveled to the east in search of the lost tribes of the Israelites(Fiction, not historical facts)
o he died and was buried in Kashmir.=> (Fiction, not historical fact)[http://www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/]

@ A BOOK OF RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on everyone....There is A new addition about the holy life and holy character of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).

The Prophet.
The Life and Character of the Seal of Prophets. (volume 1) in alislam.org

it is PDF.