• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Passover Thread

Flankerl

Well, after 15 seudahs in 7 days, I think I can truthfully say, "I'm stuffed."

I think I understand how R' Yishmael and R' Elazar got to be the super-sized men they were.

So now that you are free to eat all the good stuff you are full?

Sounds like my little sister.

Mhmm real bread with real stuff on it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dantech, I've never been there for Pesach, so is more the Askenazi or Sephardic cuisine followed?

dantech

Dantech, I've never been there for Pesach, so is more the Askenazi or Sephardic cuisine followed?

Ashkenazi cuisine? That's just potatoes and fish!

No but honestly, it depends on what kind of food you like. There are all types of restaurants open during Passover. Shawarmas with laffas and pitas (the difference is noticeable but it's still good). There are even pizzerias open that all have a passover hekhsher.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ashkenazi cuisine? That's just potatoes and fish!

No but honestly, it depends on what kind of food you like. There are all types of restaurants open during Passover. Shawarmas with laffas and pitas (the difference is noticeable but it's still good). There are even pizzerias open that all have a passover hekhsher.

Sounds good to me. BTW, I read somewhere that the original thinner-crust pizza that originated in the Rome area was actually out of the Jewish community and had matzha as its base. My wife is from Sicily, and their pizza is very different-- much thicker with a lot of oregano, some anchovy or salted sardi, and with a grated cheese. At first I wasn't too crazy about it, but now I love it.