• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Many people like me recognize the metaphor being used here.
But it is crucial to contextualize it, because it is easily misinterpreted as antiChristian nonsense. I don't think that contextualizing is given enough emphasis.
Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since I am part of the LGBT Christian community, I figured I would share this series of artwork depicting Jesus as a modern gay man with a diverse set of friends in our times, being persecuted for their differences. I hope they inspire reflection and meditation on how we treat those who are different from us and encourage tolerance and love. Enjoy.

You can follow along here:
Day 1A: Jesus with the prophets (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 1B: Jesus Enters the City on Palm Sunday (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 2: Jesus drives out the money changers and preaches in the Temple (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 3: Jesus has a Last Supper, prays alone and is arrested (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 4: Jesus before the priests and magistrate (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 5: Jesus before the people (Gay Passion of Christ series)
Day 6A: Jesus is mocked, beaten, goes to his execution and is nailed to the cross (Gay Passion of Christ series)

To click through to see the art: The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision

Can you summarize? I didn't know there was a straight-version of the Passion. I don't think the Passion insults the LGBT community?

I don't understand the connection.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Can you summarize? I didn't know there was a straight-version of the Passion. I don't think the Passion insults the LGBT community?

I don't understand the connection.
I thought I already summarized it enough in the OP. No one said the Passion insults the LGBT community. It's a re-imagining of the Passion with Jesus as a contemporary gay man.

VioletVortex

The idea of Jesus being gay isn't really that far fetched either. That could be why he was rejected by the Jews, and why he never had children. Not that I support the core ideal of Abrahamism, but antigay Christians make no sense to me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No such thing. You'll find out one day.
There is a denomination based on "Jesus didn't say it. So we don't believe it. And that settles it."
Google" Jesus Metropolitan Community Church " I have been, it's a little fundamentalist for my taste.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He is risen! Truly, He is risen! Happy Easter!

18%2BJesus%2BRises.jpg

Day 8: Jesus rises, appears to Mary and friends, and more (Gay Passion of Christ series)

outlawState

Deism is dead
Oh yes there is. And nobody has to die to find it.
Tom
I wouldn't be telling you that there isn't, if there was. Of course anyone can call themselves a Christian. It has been that way from the beginning - see the epistle of Jude. Just because someone calls themselves a Christian does not mean to say that they are one. That is a fundamental principle of the New Testament. Not everyone who says that they worship Jesus, does worship Jesus, as Jesus himself said. In fact it is only a minority.

In that sense Christian is rather different from e.g. the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, where if you say you belong to it, then you do. But with Christianity, whatever you say you are does not really have that much import, because Christianity says that all men are deluded, some more, some less. That includes those who call themselves Christians.

Now Jesus said not one tittle will fall from the law. So that means, no LGBT are Christian. By his own words.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Christianity says that all men are deluded, some more, some less
That's not a Catholic teaching so that has nothing to do with me.
So that means, no LGBT are Christian. By his own words.
Jesus never said that. Jesus also broke the OT Law (healing on the Sabbath and pardoning the woman caught in adultery, who was to be stoned to death, for example), revealing a higher Law of Grace through love. He was not a legalist and came to reveal the true spirit of the Law.

Last edited: